Jets trade for Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 7, 2009.

1. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Bingo! (filler)

2. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

I can tell you the reason, the Browns as a whole suck right now.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The bolded line is exactly about what the gries are.

We'er Jet fans. We love guys like Cherbet who have the heart and work ethic to over come thier lack of size and skill.

Edwards is the exact opposite of that. He has the skil, but the mental and preperation side of it keeps him from playing up to his potential.

This could be a great trade for the Jets. If, and its a big one, Edwards comes in, keeps out of trouble, and hits the playbook like a mad man. Other wise this will not have as big an impact as many are hoping for.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

No offense but obviously we have to wait and see how this actually pans out. That's a given.

But today, this looks like a great move to me and I take it most here. I don't even think it was a bad trade for the Browns. Edwards was out of there by the end of the year. I think odds are if he plays well enough he stays with the Jets.

But on the rest of your point, I am also hopeful this change will work for Edwards. For the reasons you mentioned.

5. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

I think braylons biggest impact will be in the red Zone he is a monster at catching fade routes and has a real nose for the endzone

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

U said it right in your post what people are gripping about. Some people aren't sure he will.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

For everyone that says Braylon cant catch for shit....hes got poor concentration for an NFL WR, but with solid QB play he can put up amazing numbers like he did in 2007. 80 rec, 16 TD's anyone?

For all those drops that he has, those are plays he gets open on that most of our other WR options #2-5 that wouldnt have gotten open on. Maybe a change of scenary is exactly what this guy need. It may not change the drops, but he could be greatly improved and back to his 2007 form...

8. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Now you're just ignoring facts.

Edwards has consistently outproduced Cotchery every single season except for coming short by 77 yards in his sophomore year. He also has more career yards in one less season.

If your argument is proven by production, you have already conceded.

Now that's fact.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Oops Double post.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VhnFl6_pXc[/YOUTUBE]

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Haha, he's talking about Braylon on ESPN radio right now.

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I'll keep saying this until it sinks in for the people not getting it...

2008 was Edwards worst year. Yet he somehow outproduced Cotchery and Coles. Even if he gives us 80% of his 2007 self, he is still infinitely better than Cotchery.

And for the record, I wear Cotchery's jersey every Sunday.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I think he's an automatic upgrade over Stuckey. Trouble is going to follow anyone, so his off-field nonsense is only secondary for me.

Automatic upgrade + it was relatively cheap = how can you lose?

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As fans we all prefer to see players who are true professionals, who put it all out there on the field no matter who their HC is, whether the owner is a douche, whether there are divisions within the team, even putting personal problems aside.

But that's not the realityh for everyone - there are talented players who will get more done with different circumstances. I hope that is the case with Edwards.

Think if the Cutler situation - was he wrong to take it personally when he thought his new HC wanted someone else at Qb? I might have admired it if Cutler had sucked it up, put it aside, and said I will live up to my contract with Denver.

But in the real world I can completely understand that he saw what his coach's preference was perceived to be as a distraction, AND he saw a way out. Is he happier now? I think so. Should that affect his play? Perhaps not, but will it? I think so.

Edwards clearly was unhappy with Cleveland, and did not get along with Mangini. I think there are several players already on the Jets who prefer to play for Ryan, and am not shocked that some might be showing they are already playing with more inspiration and desire. There is a reasonable scenario here that the same will prove true about Edwards.

14. VG56

VG56 Banned

This is a terrible trade for the Jets IMO...

We saw last year first hand how poorly the Roy Williams trade worked out for the Boys'.....

Edwards is also a scumbag

Who the hell goes to a nightclub after a tough loss, stays out to 2:30 AM and then subsequently assaults the guy at the door saying "goodbye Braylon, thanks for coming"

We really got a winner here folks...

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh you were there?

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

What color shirt was Braylon wearing?

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Braylon has has two poor seasons however you have to factor in the state of the Cleveland Browns organization.

A) They were jumbling QBs around
    B) They implemented 2 new systems
    C) He's seemingly miserable there, but hasn't pulled a Marshall or Cutler to get out

I can appreciate that.

18. VG56

VG56 Banned

Well that's what the police report said so do I really have to be?

The guy has been a bust all but one season.... Maybe he just isn't that good??

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Are you friends with Lebron, and/or a tiny bouncer in Cleveland??

20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Last I heard the police were never called. What else you got?