Does Braylon Trade Hurt Us Against Miami?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Namath2Kolber, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I think the Braylon trade was a great move and Mangini is a complete moron.

However, I am worried about this Miami game. I know they aren't that good but this just feels like a trap game to me. Does having a new WR showing up on the Wednesday before a Monday game hurt us when we just traded away a WR that knew our system and was seemingly pretty comfortable in his role?

Again, long term, obviously a fantastic trade. But does this trade hurt us on Monday?

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

We're too good to lose to Miami.

3. jetsandtheunder

how many catches did Stuckey have so far? I think we are good to go

4. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Stuckey has only caught a wide open deep ball and a few screens. Clowney will finally have to step up this week though.

5. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

The absence of Stuckey should mean very little in pounding the hapless Fins. It's not like he was going to make or break this game for us.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i was wondering about this, but i figure they will simplify braylon's assignments this week. i assume he will play this week right? i don't see a reason why not, but i just woke up so i'm short on information right now.

either that or they will implement a small package of say 10-20 plays and braylon will only be on the field for those. it shouldn't be too hard for him to learn his assignments on a few plays for this week.

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Roy Williams came over to the Cowboys last season and did nothing. But that could just be because he isnt that good.

Its probably going to take him some time to learn the offesne and hoepfully he doesnt throw off team chemsitry and hopefully Sanchez doesnt feel pressured to get him the ball.

8. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

Something to consider, Brian Daboll (Cleveland's OC) was our QB coach last year. Is it possible we have some similar plays and terminology that might speed up Edwards' learning?

All in all, I'm not a fan of trading our future for a head case, but I've been wrong before.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'd say it does. This is a game that we're probably going to need to move the ball through the air. Stuckey was the #2 for a reason and Edwards will not be on the same page as Sanchez by Monday.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"Braylon......... run deep to keep the safeties back. Don't cry when you don't get the ball!"

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Even if they just put him out there for blocking and running routes he's still a threat.

Nobody has reinvented the wheel on WR routes, they're pretty universal he just has to learnt he lingo.

12. JOISEYJET

JOISEYJET New Member

In the words of REX "whose gonna stop the Clown"

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Legitimate question with an answer of "no".
    The DULL-phins aren't that good that it will be a problem.

As far as your point about Mangini being a "Moron" for trading him, i disagree.
    Mangenious wasn't winning with Edwards, who supposedly "despised" Cleveland,on the field can now build a team with a 3rd and a 5th, a great ST player and a young solid WR with pretty good hands.
    Both teams benefit IMO.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Does it hurt us against Miami? Sure. But if the Dolphins score more than 10 points on us, we have problems, and Edwards will probably have a few plays in store.

15. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

+1 .... He sure won't hurt us ....

16. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

I'm glad you guys got Brylon "droppin" Edwards. Now we can be like little brothers, you guys got Edwards and we got Ginn

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I think we're safe. Stuckey's drops in the past few games vs. Edwards' lack of production thus far for Cleveland should even out.

18. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

he will be fine come monday night....I know some of the terminology will be different but a post pattern is a post pattern, a slant is a slant, etc....

19. e-x

e-x New Member

edwards =/= ginn

edwards is 6'3" legitimate #1, ginn is too small to be a #1, ginn certainly has big play capability, but so do a lot of insignificant guys in the league

20. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

Mark Saintchez better not throw to the left because the God-King will be waiting in order to intercept him.