Jets trade for Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 7, 2009.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Lol thats what i was thinking

2. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Quoted for truth. The last time the Browns had a decent offense, Braylon was arguably the best WR in the NFL. I know for a fact I've never seen a WR give Revis so much trouble. He caught like his 13th TD that season against us.

Like vilmatic said, he is fickle and immature. Like most WR's, he plays when he wants to and when the team is good and winning. We just got ourselves ANOTHER number one receiver and have raised the ceiling of our offense by FAR. The guy is still only 26 years old.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I hope Mangini stays the Browns coach forever! Who else can we get from them?

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Our best ST player so far.

5. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

What a tremendous trade for Tanny.
    Can't say the guy doesn't go for it or is afraid to pull the trigger.

The bottom-line is that we got a game breaking WR to take the pressure off the o-line, running game and our rookie QB.

Essentially we switched WRs (Stuckey for Edwards), gave up a ST player (we would have had to cut a player with Pace coming back anyway) and 2 draft picks (3rd and 5th) - positions where we would not be able to draft an impact WR anyway (and still would have needed to wait 2-3 years for the guy to develop).

Great move Tanny!

Plus the worst case scenario is that the guy is a restricted FA with the collective bargaining nonsense still needing to be resolved.

For those who are worried about the drops - well Coles had a bunch last year for us AND Edwards will now be playing on a semi-functioning team as opposed to the no-QB lead Brownies.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Gees, 420 on the site right now.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Massaquoi is looking pretty solid... anyone know if he has a bit of a temper? :wink:

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

potentially a good deal for BOTH teams.

9. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I do not like this trade. The guy has horrible hands. He drops as many passes as he catches and is under league investigation. I hope he does not screw up team chemistry or end up missing games due to suspension.

Does anyone know what the draft picks are? I see we lost Stucky and Trusnik and 2 picks. I hope that they are no higher than a 4th rounder.

10. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

A lot you guys are making some silly statements. If a guy plays hard, he ALWAYS plays hard, not just when the team is good.

You guys are acting like we just got Jerry Rice. We didn't. This move may pay off, but I'm gonna need a lot of convincing that he isn't the same POS player he was when he was a Brown. And that was just this morning.

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

We picked up Braylon only to get the inside info on the Browns.....wait a minute. Nevermind. :smile:

12. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

3rd and 5th

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i just woke up to the news! wow is all i can say. i really did not see this coming at all.

so i was half asleep with my tv on when i heard about and i immediately jumped up to come post on here. i think i heard that it was two players, one of them being stuckey. as long as the other player wasn't a defensive starter i am in heaven right now. i know edwards has a case of the drops, but he is a great athlete who will help open things up for the rest of this offense.

14. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Wright has been pretty good as well. The both together have been very good!

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

For all the fans who wanted to see Clowney, I think you'll be seeing a lot of him this Monday.

16. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm gonna miss Chansi

17. Heavy Metal Thunder

FUCK ME IN THE GOAT ASS!!!

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan is a far more vocal coach than Romeo or Mangini. Rex benched Clowney for his twitter comments, he will potentially get more out of Braylon.

Its a different culture in the locker room, it is no surprise that Edwards best year was when his team had a 10 win record.

Look at Randy Moss moving from Oakland and to NE for instance.......Because this is how this deal could end up.

19. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

WHAT???????????????? You don't like the trade.... You have to be kidding me.... What has this become a comedy site? And it's a 3rd and a 5th, which is absolutely outstanding for the Jets..... Receivers like this go for 1st rounders,,, he was the 4th player taken in the whole first round just 4 drafts ago... What a great job by Tannenbaum.....

Unbelievable.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Ug, not my favorite wideout in the game by a large margin, but I'm supporting him now.

I really want to knwo what the draft picks are. I look at the thread more later, jsut saw this in class lol.