Jets trade for Edwards

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Edwards will probably be signed here if he works out.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

We'd also get a 3 or a 4 back because Edwards will probably be the top player of his position to hit the FA market.

But I think we got a window or something to negotiate.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

either way it will likely be 2 weeks before we see edwards play significant time....

either because he gets suspended or because it will take him that long to learn the playbook.....

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He can't catch, he had one bad season, lets look at his stats before we start killing the guy.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Does he have enough time to learn the playbook?

6. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

This is an amazing trade. Huge upside here. If he can get his head on straight, this has the chance to be a fantastic trade. Wow.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

WOO HOO!

I'll gladly give up Stuckey and Trusnik. We now have 2 #1 recievers!! We STILL have our 1st round pick for next season!! IN A DEEP DRAFT!!

LOVE THIS TRADE!!

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

JETS on the FAN NOW!!!!!

J/K....it's not Tanny :lol:

they can't get him on lol

9. Mike4Jets

Mike4Jets New Member

If you had to play in Cleveland you'd be in a slump too. He'll be a different guy with this team. I'm optimistic about this.

10. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

from wikipedia..........Edwards followed his father's footsteps to Michigan, where he played from 2001-2004. During his senior year in 2004, Edwards set Michigan season records for receptions (97) and yards (1,330), and career records for receptions (252), yards (3,541), and touchdowns (39);[2] the career touchdown mark is also a Big Ten Conference record.[3] Edwards also set the Michigan record for the most games with 100or more receiving yards (17). That year Edwards won the Fred Biletnikoff Award, given to the nation's top wide receiver, and was named the Big Ten Conference MVP. He was also a consensus All-America selection.

Edwards is the only wide receiver in Big Ten history, and the third in NCAA Division I-A annals, to gain 1,000 or more receiving yards in three consecutive years. At Michigan, Edwards wore jersey number 80 during his freshman and sophomore years, but changed to wear number 1 jersey during his junior and senior years. Edwards concluded his college career by recording three touchdown catches in the 2005 Rose Bowl against Texas, tying a record for that game.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Excellent!! throw some glue on his hands...and lets go win some games. :)

12. aychichi

aychichi Member

Seriously how the fuck can some of you criticize this move, we just put together a scary offense, if this doesnt show that we are serious about a Super Bowl title this year i dont know what will. Im tired of waiting for next year. THE TIME IS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

REACTION FROM BROWNS FANS (from Cleveland Plains Dealer website)

oodbye, Braylon. Just so you know, you were traded because you went to Michigan, not because you are a receiver who can't catch the ball who acts like a complete jerk all the time.

Posted by cleposter
    October 07, 2009, 8:36AM
    Good for you Magini!!!!!

Get rid of these losers that don't care. Absolutely ZERO progress from BE. Just a constant pain in the Azz

Posted by ScriptOhio
    YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by pjm001
    A number 1 receiver on paper only! He didint get traded because he "ran afoul of Mangini's rules", he got traded because he cant catch a ball and hates the team and the city. Anyways, what is wrong with having and following rules? Especially if you get paid millions of dollars to play a game. I had to follow rules for 22 years in the military and got paid a whole lot less than these guys.

Posted by vet420
    October 07, 2009, 8:37AM
    If this is true, it is great news. I doubt the Browns got anything for him but it doesn't really matter. Addition by subtraction.

14. nyjetsfan22

nyjetsfan22 Member

I hope sooo.....if not it more of Brad (I can't catch a pass)Smith......

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is a RFA after this year...wonder what the Jets plan now.

16. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Edwards trade value has never been lower. Terrible year last year (led the league in drops), bad start this year (including no catches in 5 quarters last week), and trouble off the field. Hope the draft picks aren't high.

My educated guess is they are conditional dependent on his play and if the Jets resign him. Normally that is the case when they don't announce the picks.

17. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I know some of you guys are disappointed that we gave up so much, but for a receiver with his type of talent, this is a very good deal.

Edwards will stretch the field, provide a red zone threat and free up Cotchery. I like this deal a lot.

18. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Haha it was also sarcasm.

Man Wfan is bitching hard about no contact from the Jets.

19. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I think that Daboll (sp?) is the brown's OC now, and he was our QB coach last year. My guess is that the browns are probably running some basterdized version of Shotty's playbook, so the transition might not be that long...flame me if I misrepresented something

20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Carton is horrid. If this didn't happen this morning, there would be no way I'd listen to this terd.