Nola writer's view on the jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DustinK, Oct 2, 2009.

1. DustinK

DustinK New Member

http://www.nola.com/rose/index.ssf/2009/10/new_york_jets_fans_and_media_t.html

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

and the jets dont lose in an interesting fashion? the jets and the mets are the most interesting losers in all of sports if you ask me. i just cant wait for sunday, fuck the saints.

3. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

this guy writes with a 7th grade education.

If he was in NY/NJ he couldn't even write for a high school newspaper.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

and how dare he talk shit about my new york knickerbockers. I actually hope the giants rape the saints now. ahhhhh bring me sunday!!!!!

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

News flash: Out of town writer disses NY sports scene. Stay tuned for more on this unprecedented event.

Yeah... that was bad. If you're gonna do it, at least do it well.

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I agree. We're much more interesting losers than the Saints.

7. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

The funny thing is the jets, giants, and knicks have won more playoff games, more championships, and have had more star players than any team in new orleans ever had. I think this guy has spent too much time in the french quarter.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I love how fan blogs are being presented as articles these days.

9. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Why did I just read that article? What's happening? What day is it? I feel like I've been in a coma for a year after reading that.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the Saints symbol is the fleur de lis -- which means lily flower. a fucking flower. it is the sissiest sports logo of all time, even my wife makes fun of it. no Saint fan or commentator can ever criticize another team for anything.

11. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

true :rofl:

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^^so its the lilly flowers against the airplanes....

an airplane can kill you- they put bombs on them.

a lilly flower tickles your face....

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah sweet argument. "When we lose, it's interesting!" :rofl: :rofl2:

14. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

i made it almost halfway and i couldnt undestand him anymore, not that i put much effort into his dribble, this guy is an official writer? our team has won more playoff games in a season than in your teams history? and then he says thats true? wtf am i missing something here? what the hell is he talkin about? whoo dem derr pettycoats walkin on da corna shut the F up.

15. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

i guess this guy hasn't been reading much of the predictions. everyone i listen to is in love with the saints. care to take a look at this weeks predictions? you'll find 25 out of 25 sites picking the Saints...ESPN and yahoo..check em out! I'm not lying! Not one person picked the Jets. As a 3-0 team the Jets are being treated like 0-3 vs a 3-0.

16. Puddinhead

Puddinhead New Member

Rose is a good guy, but he's not a sports guy. He's more of a humorist, actually, in this post-Katrina New Orleans. He actually played with me on a team I ran in an adult basketball league many years ago when he first came to New Orleans (he's not a native; actually, he came here from the University of Wisconsin in 1984...so he's just barely been down here long enough that we don't hold his "Yankeeness" against him. LOL)

Prior to Katrina Rose was actually doing the column where he'd go to various entertainment venues and parties and report on what the "important" members of NOLA society were wearing, or on what kind of crowd Britney Spears drew at the Arena...you know, stuff nobody read. Then came Katrina, and Rose became the link to home for thousands of New Orleanians stranded outside their city. His columns about the madness and despair of post-flood NOLA, told with an "you gotta laugh, or else you'll just cry all the time" attitude were collected and published as the definitive chronicle of the first four months after, One Dead In Attic. The title refers to the messages spray painted on the fronts of flooded homes by the National Guard and other rescue teams to convey to later "recovery" crews their findings. My own home still has the heiroglyph on the front denoting that there were no bodies found inside (we'd evacuated), although many in my neighborhood were not so lucky. We're thinking of leaving it there as sort of a "monument" to mark what will undoubtedly be the signature event in our lives.

Anyway, the duty wore on Rose...you could almost read the deterioration of his mental well-being and the despair that things would never be "normal" again in his columns. Eventually it happened to Rose as it happened to so many other New Orleanians at some point in late 2005 or early 2006--he had a nervous breakdown. His marriage fell apart. He later wrote one of the seminal post-K columns about his struggles to get and stay well mentally, about his finally accepting the need for anti-depressives. Incidentally, you can get a pretty damned good idea why the Saints' return to the Superdome in 2006 was such a big thing to us by reading his book.

Pretty long-winded...but hopefully it explained the role Rose plays in NOLA journalism, which is not the role of sportswriter.

17. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I thought that was great. Really.

I wouldn't call it news or anything. But it's a nice piece of N'orleans smack talk. He even got us on our greatest weakness, the open sore that all teams eager to trash the New York Jets should pick up on: Rich Cimini is our beat writer.

I thought it was pretty well written too, but in all fairness, I am in the seventh grade.

Well played, Rose of the Big Easy: I commend you. Yours will be a quick death come Sunday.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Interesting point from a inbreed POS.

I read the first two sentences and had enough.

I'd rather watch Cabin Boy then read the rest of dat dere shit..

19. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

20. Puddinhead

Puddinhead New Member

If the point is that even a idea-less piece of crap writer like Ayn Rand can manage to not only be published, but to somehow garner a following....

....I concede the point.