17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

The waiting really sucks. I figure if i dont get a call by 3pm im calling them.

2. jetfan29

jetfan29 New Member

Easy on the caffeine JIM

3. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

I got my call at 6:45 PM!!!

4. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Got a call at 2:15 p.m. I had 5 seats, but was going to go with 4. Was offered the following non-PSLs:

sec 345, row 18
    sec 346, row 18
    sec 302, row 20
    sec 301, row 21
    sec 301, row 15 (3 seats)

Was offered the following mezzanine seats ($4000)

sec 201, row 3
    sec 226, row 3
    sec 226, row 1 (3 seats)

I was told there were many more seats in the back mezzanine (secs 249b, 250b, 201, 207b, 203b, 228b, 227b, 226 and 225b) further back below the upper deck.

I'm conferring with sons now and will make decision soon.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I wonder if 226 and 201 are covered, they look like a second level Mezz type section?

6. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

I was told the first three rows of 201 and 226 (as well as the other 8 "back" sections) are not covered and the rest are.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I think lower goal line is the best deal.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good job on reporting, Down. I wonder what in the world they are going to do with a lot of these "back mezzanine" seats like 201, for example. They're priced the same as Row One 202a. Both are dead center EZ but 201 is much further back. Same $4,000 PSL and same ticket price of $120 (for now).

Who the hell is going to buy those things? You're better off up above if that's all that's left and being in 301, Row 15, for example, with no PSL at all and a ticket price of $95 (for now). No cover up there, but you don't have it anyway in a lot of the rows in 201.

9. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

According to DownAndOuts post row 4 and above in section 201 is covered. Personally I was told anything above row 5 in "upper" mezz had cover. But that is certainly a selling point in my mind and the reason I chose to be in 250b. Also factor in the other comps of mezz seats as your are aware of in today's stadium - fewer people at that level , meaning shorter lines for restrooms/concessions.

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

sorry to tell you but how many concessions stands can they have in the end zone mezz? 2 maybe 3 food stands. 4 beer lines 2 restrooms per sex.
    there are 12 sections 12 rows and 20 seats per row of the front mezz = 2880 fans. there are 8 sections 12 rows and 20 seats=1440 in the back mezz for a total of 4,320 fans in the end zone using 2 mens rooms and 2 womans rooms.have fun waiting in line AGAIN

do you know how many peiople sit in those end zone sections that are SEPERATED FROM THE MEZZANINE CLUB SECTIONS. thats right you cant access those concession stands just your end zone concessions.

11. 17a_tailgater

there is only 9 rows in that section.dont get fooled by the low # row.

12. Namath12

Namath12 New Member

Latest Update

I just nailed down my tickets for next season. I was interested in either the Upper Sideline or Upper Endzone sections (no PSLs for me). If I could have gotten Upper Sideline seats closer to the middle of the field, I would have paid the extra $10/seat/game, but the sections offered were very close to the Upper Endzone sections and the seats were not any lower. Therefore, I opted for the Upper Endzone. For me, the choice came down to Sec. 306, Row 22, or Sec. 346, Row 18. I took Section 306, because I come from the north and always wind up in Parking Lot Y and was told that Sec. 306 is the closest corner to Parking Lot Y. I struggled over whether it was worth it to walk partway around the stadium to get four rows lower, but decided not to do it and to sit on the Jets side of the stadium for a change (I'm on the visitors' side now). If I like the new stadium and the prices stay relatively stable now (fingers crossed), I can request an "upgrade" to the Upper Sideline sections in future years.

The Jets representative that I spoke with was very helpful and not pushy at all.

Hope this helps those in a similar position.

13. Section 227. Row 5

The more I hear about this new stadium the more I don't like it. They are segregating people like cattle in a chute, ready for slaughter. Now a guy can't even wander over to one of the other "clubs" to have a beer and look around before the game. Really stupid if you ask me. Way to segregate your fan base, Woody.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Good job, Namath! Parking is a consideration if you want to get out of there ASAP.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I get my call Monday, I am stoked!!!!! Thanks for all the info guys, keep it coming.

Have a good weekend.. I'm out.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Parking is soooooooooo 2009. The Jets are a Green team take the train baby. I actually hate driving there. I hate having to buy 10 parking passes, some pre-season games are after work when I am in city, sometimes I can catch a ride with friends and sometimes the yankees are playing and I don't want to deal with traffice. Plus parking is $25 next season. That is $250 for a pass! If I am offered a pass I will buy it just to ebay it out.

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

pats hater what year are you? Also I only want two seats have anyone asked about that. You guys all seem to be going for 3 or 4.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

Interesting story. My friend got tixx for the 2008 season. He had 2 he has been buying off a guy for years as well. Back in March when he got his first call they told him he'd probably only be able to get a $20k PSL when he got the call for his 4 seats 2008 seniority. He said f this and dropped the 4 seats for this year and kept his 2 he has always been buying off a guy. Got a call today asking if he would still be interested in the new stadium and he said if I get uppers yea. Told him they will call him back on Monday. Gotta be hurting.

19. 17a_tailgater

just in case somebody needs it,here is the parking lot layout from the giants website
    [​IMG]

20. Section 227. Row 5

National unemployment is at 9.8% now, quickly approaching that magical 10% number that will make all the doom-and-gloom headlines. What do they expect? At least the Mets had the common sense to lower ticket prices by 10%. The Jets need to come out with some kind of guaranteed ticket price freeze, i.e., no price increases through 2012. But oh no...

Even with that, I wouldn't trust them now. They could guarantee no increase 'till 2012, but what good is that if they come out in 2012 and raise them by 15%? Your $120 ticket just went to $138. Gee... that's sweet!