17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Good deal Paul!:up:

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Not sure what the ticket laws are in NJ but in New York event holders are not allowed to restrict anyone from reselling their tickets for whatever price they want. That includes any penalties like loss of ticket rights or cancellation of tickets. I'm pretty sure the law is similar in NJ

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Looking at the 3-D seat thing, it still puzzles me that there are seats for 400 - 600 a game. Who the hell is paying that kind of money for these games, yeah I know corporations and shit but it still is insane. No way a family man is buying these tix.

A game for me is a $350 day now. I couldn't imagine $1600 a day, that's my mortgage payment minus tax and insurance...

4. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

I called today and they said I'm getting called October 10th. Not sure why I didn't get an email.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

anyone who has been paying for season tix for a while and has taken the jets bullshit have been either taking the uppers or bailing out.

the more recent season ticket holders who are not used to the jets STH bullshit OR buy 1 out of 2-4 seats think the PSL arent that bad of a deal.

hey if i only had to pay for 1 psl and 1 season ticket i too would think the PSL wasnt so bad. but i have to buy 3 seats by myself. sorry i am not getting fucked unless its by Mrs.17a

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've noticed this also. I think younger fans are justifying the PSLs because they're buying only two seats. "Not a big deal spread out over the 15 years" is the usual argument. I also think that because they are young, they're like most young people in (a) not listening to the experiences of the older fans, i.e., they couldn't have been porked that bad with ticket price increases and are probably exagerating and (b) it won't happen to me because I'm a new generation and (c) Woody won't dare do that to me, only to the older STH that he's been porking. I think it's just human nature in young people (I was the same way) in thinking that things will be different and Woody wouldn't dare pork me.

And, like most young people, today is important. In some cases, today and this week is the only important timeline and the completel extent of their horizon. The thought never occurs to them that shelling out that kind of money for 2 Jets tickets might become pretty old after awhile and a financial burden taht might interfere with their lifestyle in years to come. The girl they're dating is elated to be able to go to the games in the brand new stadium and see Mark Sanchez... what a thing to brag about at the next party! Look at us... we're hot shit!

Then reality starts to set in for the young man when his girlfriend starts pushing the shit out of him to get married. Next comes buying a house. "I'm pregnant and for the baby's sake, we have to get out of thius apartment." So now he's got a mortgage and a house that needs repair, and he's working his ass off just to afford the mortgage, so the only time he has to work on the new kitchen that his wife wants now is to do it on weekends.

Now all of a sudden she's screaming at him: "WTF do you mean you're going to the Jets game? Bullshit! When is this kitchen going to be done? And WTF is this bill that just arrived again from the Jets... your 2 tickets that used to be $120 are $200 now? So now we owe the Jets $4,000 plus $250 for parking and we have to pay for these preseason games which you don't even go to? We can't afford this! Besides, the Jets were 4-12 last year and even our friends don't want to go anymore and we can't even give the fucking tickets away. You've got to tell the Jets you're not buying these tickets anymore!"

"Yeah but honey, I've got this PSL that I paid for. I can't just stop buying the tickets becasue I'll forfeit the 2 PSLs that I bought. And if I try to sell these PSLs right now, with the Jets at 4-12, I'm going to take a loss!"

"I don't fucking give a shit, okay? Sell those things for whatever you can get on eBay because we need that money to finish off the kitchen. We're not shelling out $4250 every year for Jets tickets buster, you got that? Fucking day care is going to cost $1200 a month, so you can jolly well watch the games on TV while you're helping change diapers, becaseu I'm sick and tired of you going to the games with Charlie and I'm stuck home here with the baby. So sell those two PSLs for whatever you can get for them, I'm sick and tired of Woody Johnson porking us!"

"Hmmm ... he thinks to himself. Maybe I should have listened to 227's advice 5 years ago..."

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 If That Was Not So Damn Funny It Would Be Sad!!!!!

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL-

Are you a screenwriter?? Maybe we can put together a weekly WebTV series, "the life of a JET fan"

I completely relate to your story, and I hope this does not comeback to bite me in my Jet green ass.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I think its true. Some people refuse to sit in the UD and have the cash to pay for the PSL's. The UD seats that have been sold in the past month, End Zone about row 15 are really high so I would probably give up my seats or buy 4K PSL before sitting there and have sat in the UD for 29 years. I mean, how high can you go and still watch the game? I am glad people are getting the Non-PSL, just my prefrence. I could have gotten the 30 yd line if I wanted to sit high but I took row 10 side of the end zone

10. jetfan29

jetfan29 New Member

Didn't I see this in a "King Of Queens" episode with Doug and Carrie?

11. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaa..... I can see this unfolding. Carrie sitting home getting pissed while Doug and her father are getting ready to go to the game.

12. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

But wait, he just got a promotion and now he is vice president of his division, and is entertaining clients. Wife has new car every two years, and her biggest pleasure is him going off to football games, and she is out shopping for the day.. And the clients are so
    impressed with his seats, and they are giving him business galore.. And the compnay is now paying for his seats every year... blah blah blah...There is a story for everything..Dont rain on peoples parades who bought the psl.. be happy with your won decision..and let it be..

13. jetfan29

jetfan29 New Member

BTW, 227, I left 127 this year for 109.....was that you dropping beer on my head all those years?

14. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Ok its almost 12:30. im scheduled to get my call today and NO call yet WTF!!!!!!

15. Section 227. Row 5

I haven't been raining on anyone's parade, just being a realist. I've been against the PSLs for some very good reasons. It's not only been the pricing, it's the entire process... the auction, he deceitfulness of the "reps," the arm-twisting, creating false impressions that parking will be a nightmare, etc.

The best part of this thread is that everyone has been allowed to express their opinions very strongly on this topic. That's a good thing, because a lot of very good points have been raised throughout. To not have expressed those opinions and facts because someone thinks you're "raining in the parade" would not have served anyone very well during the entire process.

So yeah, I have strong feelings about the PSLs. I've been around the block in this world a time or two and been a ticketholder for 25 years... that's a lot of experience to offer to this thread. I just think they're a tremendous waste of money, that's my opinion. Not raining on anyone's parade, just telling it like it is. People can choose to either buy into some of what I say or ignore my posts. No harm done either way and I wish everyone well with their decisions.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Call them, it can't hurt!!

I was Antsy as a muddafukka waiting to get the process over with.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Don't worry, I didn't get my call until about 3PM! I was on pins and needles the whole day! I even took the phone into the bathroom with me for fear I would have to call him back and "lose" a day. LOL

I wouldn't bug him at this late date... you've waited this long. If you call him he's liable to get pissed, so just wait it out... that's my advice anyway. That's just me.

Good luck and let us know what you were offered after you make the deal!

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Exactly....:rofl:

19. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

227 - very entertaining. It brought back some memories for me as I've been a STH since 1986, with tickets in my own name since 2000. I remember the fights with the GF's and then after marrying ,with the wife about spending 16 Sundays/Mondays etc... on the Jets . Thankfully , my wife is very understanding and has become a real Jet fan who goes to the games with me now.

But I think that story fits in with any guy getting Jet season tickets - regardless of PSL or not. I appreciate the information that this thread has provided , but I still don't understand why a few here need to consistently characterize those who buy PSL's as young or foolhearty or idiots or spendthrifts or whatever the phrase of the day is.

People choose to get their entertainment in different ways. Some choose lavish vacations or vacation homes, some buy luxury or sports cars, some join country clubs, while others choose to sit home and save money I happen to be someone who enjoys going to the games . Would I have loved to contiune with my existing seats (139) and no PSL - certainly. But given my seniority the mezzanine EZ PSL's represented the best value/seat choice . Does, that make me a sucker - not in my opinion .

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

GOOD LUCK Jim-----let us all know how it goes---------ps it can't hurt to call them but just fyi ,,they also called me at 3 pm