17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My cousin and a friend of mine ,both of whom just got their tickets THIS YEAR in the old place are getting called next week. I will get whatever info I can from each and post section availability and whatever else they ask

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey what is their seniority date. Mine is June 10, 2009 and they have not called me yet. When they reach 2009 supposed to do by date and then section. So also what section are they in? I will give them a call in morning to check when I am getting called.

My cousin and a friend of mine ,both of whom just got their tickets THIS YEAR in the old place are getting called next week. I will get whatever info I can from each and post section availability and whatever else they ask

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

Call me nuts but I sit in section 337 now. Talking to guys around me last week how we will miss this stadium and the views. I said I would rather have paid a $1k PSL for my upper deck seat, had it painted gray and stay where I am now rather than move next door.

4. KriSpY162

KriSpY162 New Member

Looks sweet!

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is absolutely amazing. I am really SO glad they got this deep into present season ticketholders. I thought the Uppers would be done for (as Champ had predicted) by 1985. I was 1986 and seriously, I thought I was done for. Not necessarily all on Champ, mind you, I thought it would fill up much more quickly.

Now here we are, already almost up to the present date, and guys are still able to pile into the PSL-free Uppers. Makes you scratch your head on the people on the Waitlist who passed this summer. At least if you held in there, you've still got a shot at being an honorary Jets Season Ticketholder!

Good for you CBG, glad you got your seats. And hip-hip-hoorah for your friends with the 2009 seniority date! See you all in the "Upper" parking lot. It's going to be Tailgate City.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Good luck RT.

7. 7 to Shea

7 to Shea Member

15 years. I told them right off the bat, I wasn't doing PSLs.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 , it really is amazing that there are seats available! Hell it amazes me that there are seats available for THIS YEAR never mind next! If nothing else we are going to have one hell of a good time up in the ALPS! I really think it will be EXACTLY like the garden was years ago up in the BLUE SEATS. I hope it works out for all of us but at least for now we are IN! As I said before one of my buddies already has 4 in my section in the row rite behind me and after my cousin and my other buddy are called I will let u know what they are offered. I will ask them what exact date they have this year---and will post it.Best of luck all who are getting a choice

9. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

We are getting called on the 6th...seems like we may be able to get uppers as well...we had been planning on the 4ks....

10. charlie10170

charlie10170 New Member

I've been a season tix holder since 2002. I was called this past Monday but couldn't take the call when the rep called since I was in a meeting. I left a message for the rep Tuesday and he called me back today. I asked for uppers - he said they had upper endzones left. I got row 17 in section 323 (maybe 324, I need to go back and look). There are 26 rows in the upper deck. FWIW - the rep was very easy to deal with, the whole thing took about 3 minutes.

So, if you're waiting for a call, I'd say if you want no-PSL uppers, they are yours for the taking.

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

So you would refer on the 4k and take the high uppers? You, like a friend of mine is thriiled to possibly get a shot at getting the free seats

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the question at this point is are there uppers left because a large number of people took psls or are there uppers left because that many people just plain bailed.

i have to think there were lots of non jet fans with season tickets that have bailed this year and next.... i actually wonder if the reps actually have access to see how many of each is left or if they plug in an i want this and it spits something out to them. it would be really nice to have an inside guy.

13. JetsSec337Lot13B

I think a lot of people bailed. Mezanine A seats are still available which is the cheapest PSL and if you WERE going to buy a PSL the best value PSL out there. I think a lot bailed. My tailgate party has dropped by over 50% from last year. Don't know about anyone else but when I got my first round of calls I was told I was on the cusp for uppers and a lot of friends with later seniority were told they would be able to get the 20k PSLs. That first round of calls was a HUGE marketing blunder IMO. No one was buying club seats they took our preferences and instead those calls turned a lot of people off. Probably would have been better to start seat assignments after May 1st without that call back in Feb/March.

14. ztiwomik

ztiwomik New Member

Got my tickets today. I haven't read this thread so I too was surprised that I was offered upper bowl non-psl seats when the first call I received said I had no shot of getting those seats and I should expect to pay endzone 5k psl for my seats. My ticket rep, who was very helpful btw, said that more people were buying the psls bc they want the better seats. I'm not sure if thats the truth or the party line, but regardless, makes no difference to me. I wanted uppers, was disappointed that I had to pay a PSL to keep my seats, was prepared to pay that PSL and to my delight, got comparable seats to the ones I have now. Section 320.

15. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

15 years and thats the best they offered you? wow i cant wait to see what they have to offer me this morning.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

see the thing is that most people involved in this thread really put effort into this whole process, i am pretty confident that 95% of fans didnt they got the call and did what they always do..... they got what they wanted not what was necessarily the best for them.

it very well could be true that the psls are selling well because people dont want to go upstairs. if only we could know for sure :(

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm surprised there hasn't been an article on this, at least one that's more recent. The Giant beat writers seemed to cover this all the way through.

I guess I'll try and email one of the Jet beat writers and see if they have news. I remember when the Woodman first announced this Jet beat writers put a notice out to fans about there opinion.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I ain't going down like that!! End zone 20 rows back!!!! Is that all I get for being a loyal Jets season ticket holder for four months. I even attended one Pre-season game, holy sacrifice. I want my row one sideline Non-PSL seats, now show me whose ass I have to kiss to make this happen.

19. Section 227. Row 5

You can start by kissing Champ's. He's the only one around here with front row uppers. PM him and tell him you want to become one of his "tenants."

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Chump better read fine print. Non-PSL's are non transferable. If he is caught selling seat he can get booted. Only PSL holders can sell for profit in secondary market. Someone can buy his seat rat him out and take them over. Oh the joy. A non psl is like a rent controlled apt, a psl is like a condo

What about handicapped and old people who are in stadium now. I am just curious as where I sit there are some very old people. There is no way they are going to be able to climb to the 30 row end zone, heck they can't stand how will they see up there with everyone standing and yelling.