Jets vs. Saints - Keys to the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Atopps, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ........

........ Trolls

What's the latest news on Moore? I'm a fan of the guy, but I hadn't heard he was definitively back for this week's game. It's a frightening thought, but that offense will be even more productive when he's back in the lineup.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Go back and watch the tape from Sunday's game. We beat the Titans and the Zebra's

3. mc4saints

mc4saints New Member

Lance practiced today, while others were held out. That is a good sign for him to play. Payton usually holds players from Wed. practice for sure if they are injured.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

interesting.

With Jenkins and the two ILBs in Harris and Scott, Ryan has sent blitzes where the big guy eat up blockers which frees those two to get to the QB. Collapsing the pocket from the middle is tough but highly effective against any QB, let alone one that torches defenses on a weekly basis.

The Saints D isn't something to look past. That front 7 is flat out good. Vilma has helped out a lot in giving them a leader and an attitude.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

pats tried going 5 wide and it still failed.

but the Pats don't have slot and 4th string guys who would be serviceable #2s on shitty teams.

6. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

^

The Pats didn't go 5 wide until very late in the game . My point is the Saints fans are all saying how they'll just go 5 wide to combat our blitz. I doubt that happens and if it does they're playing with fire.

7. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Not sure what your implying here ??

8. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

/filler...

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If we rattle brees and force him to play like dog turd we will win.

10. Jserr4802

Jserr4802 New Member

Left tackle is out for season, back up left tackle, 4 sacks is what we are going to get.

11. retthib

retthib New Member

The saints very rarely go 5 wide. Now we may send 5 out into the pattern w/ bush, Evans & Shockey, but w/ our LT Bushrod out & us down to our 3rd stringer, we will have protection plans in place, so I doubty we ever see 5 out on a pattern. We usually dont have to send that many out since Drew can find an open WR with 2 guys and a TE in pattern.

The LT who will play is Strief. He is very decent and was only 3rd string because he can play multiple positions. He actually started a few games last year and did a decent job against Abraham & Peppers, IIRC. So its not like we have this bum off the stret playing, Drew has confidence in Strief & thats what matters.

Shaping up to be a good game, I really cant wait.

12. Stracks

Stracks New Member

I want to see the D line get their hands up and tip some of Drew's passes. It's time for some pick 6.

13. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

The defense is due for a touchdown...

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

can you keep posting here after the game.i'm gonna miss that avatar

15. DomeDude

DomeDude New Member

Hey guys, here's my take on the game as a Saints fan. On one side of the ball you have the Saints' offense, which really needs no explanation, everyone here seems to know what is up with that. On the other side we have the Jets D, which is pretty much the same deal. While I dont believe Brees will be stopped all day long and not score, I think predictions I have seen floating around different forums that we will score 40 or more points are flat out ridiculous. The only way we reach that mark is if y'all turn over the ball a bunch of times and we dont turn it over at all. To me, turnovers are going to be one of the biggest keys in this game. If the Saints can come out at least +1 in the turnover ration I think they will win. If they get flustered by the Jets D and get behind on the turnover ratio it will be much harder to win this game.

If this game were an away game I would be much more worried. I think being at home this week gives the Saints an advantage, not only does Brees perform better indoors, but the crowd will be into the game big time, it is going to get very loud in there.

Another thing I think favors the Saints is Brees' performance last week. He had an off week, even some throws that werent pressured to an open man were behind him. That is not the typical Brees, he is deadly accurate most of the time. By nature he is a fierce competitor, and wont let this happen 2 games in a row, which pretty much guarantees you are going to get his A game. I dont really expect anyone here to agree with me, but I see the Saints winning this one, but thats the Saints fan in me. Regardless of who wins this one I think both teams are serious contenders, and may well meet again in Miami.

16. retthib

retthib New Member

I cosigned the use of my avatar by a member here by the name of jets & boys. He will gladly carry on the tradition for you guys.

Her name is keyra augustina. You should google her, its nice. LOL