Jets @ Oakland - October 25th

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 3lixer., Sep 30, 2009.

1. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Anybody else going? I got tickets 14 rows back visitor's side on the 45 yard line. I will be tailgating before the game if any other Jets fans want to join.

2. MisterBouncyBounce

MisterBouncyBounce New Member

that game is the lock of the year............can you imagine jamarcus against our D? raiders will be shut out and have minus net total yards to boot.

3. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

that's what I thought when I went up there last year and we lost to a Raiders team that was worse than they are this year.

4. ........

........ Trolls

I don't do Oakland anymore. Have fun, but make sure you don't have any Jets stuff on your car. If you do, and we win, your car will be messed with when you get back to it.

5. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Unless there's a few of you together, DON'T go take a leak wearing Jets stuff. Friend of a friend got f'd up badly there.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I plan on going if things fall in order. The damn tickets are like $100-150 near midfield, first few rows. Is that cheat or are the Raiders that pathetic?

7. ........

........ Trolls

I've never personally had a problem with that, but I saw Tony Gonzalez's stepfather come back to his seat beaten up and with piss down the front of his pants. He got jumped at a urinal. Little old white guy. Given that we were sitting with all of the friends and family of Chiefs players, Oakland security did absolutely nothing about it.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Actually, Jacircus is worse than he has ever looked. Can't even complete a pass. So much for that rocket arm if u can't complete.

9. ........

........ Trolls

I doubt we have the absolutely bizarre offensive playcalling we had last year, and I doubt we suffer from the same defensive breakdowns.

10. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

I might be making the trip down from Vancouver with a couple of my buddies. Definately not wearing any green and white. Tickets are still available through the team right? Nevermind, why would I even ask that haha

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to be there but it hasn't been decided yet.

12. Jets1458

Jets1458 New Member

Is it seriously that bad at the Coliseum? You guys aren't even going to wear a Jets jersey? If it's really that bad to be an opposing fan in Oakland than why even go if you're not going to have a good time?

13. ........

........ Trolls

It was that bad during the "good years" in Oakland. I haven't been back since 2003. A friend of mine is a Raiders fan, though he now lives in NY. He flew out for the game last week and said a Broncos fan had his jersey stripped off by a group of Raiderfans in the parking lot, one of whom then stuffed it down the back of his pants. So, yeah. It's probably still not great. People still go because they want to see the Jets live.

On the flipside, I went to some Yankees games while I lived there and the A's fans weren't problematic at all. Two entirely different fan bases within the same city.

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

You can have a good time there, just don't be coming in and out sporting your jersey. You can rock one in your seat though, thats safe enough. Expect to be showered with whatever is handy if you start flipping out when the Jets make a good play.

15. ........

........ Trolls

That's good advice. I only had a problem there one time when my car was messed with and some jackass threatened me with a broken bottle, both in the parking lot after a Jets victory. Most of the nastiness I've seen IN the stadium has been for division games.

16. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

whats up man? i remember my friend and I met up with you in the parking lot before the NYJ @ OAK game last year... i moved back east now so I can't make it but i hope this year is better for you than it was for all of us last year.

i'd never been treated like that in my life. oakland fans were telling us that we were going to get raped, they tried to get the police officers to throw us out of our section, at the end of the game when we were leaving the concourse, a jackass raiders fan took off his jersey and shoved it in my friends face and started rubbing it around... lol have fun tho :jets:

17. Jets1458

Jets1458 New Member

Wow, that's ridiculous. That team and their fans are alike in so many ways lol.

18. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wow...not gonna go there. Better safe than sorry. I've seen it all. I'm from England and we all know what happens outside soccer stadiums don't we? Just watch Eurotrip and you'll get an idea.

19. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

I wore my AL Toon throwback last year. People were yelling a lot of stupid shit at me but I didn't get physically harmed. They weren't even good insults. Just a bunch of idiots yelling "Jets Suck!" over and over. It was pretty sad how horrible and witless some of their fans are. The friend I'm going with is a Raiders fan and will probably be rocking a Raiders Bo Jackson throwback so I think that is what kept and will keep me semi-safe out in Oakland.

BTW

Oakland has the ugliest fans in the NFL. The parking lot outside the stadium on game day is full of people who look like they just crawled out of the sewer aka mutants.

#19 3lixer., Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  20. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

I predict McFadden will finally have a break-out game and be the leading rusher in that game. The fact that my niece used to tutor him in math has nothing to with that prediction. :cool: