Jets vs. Saints - Keys to the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Atopps, Sep 28, 2009.

1. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

Thats because we have more recievers to throw the ball to. We dont have 1 man like you guys have. We have 6! So of course a 1 reciver team WR will have better stats than Colston.

38-10 Saints!

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Shouldn't that make it even tougher for Jericho to get open, considering the Jets only have one WR? He gets double teamed all the time.

3. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

I have a hard time believing that the Saints offense will have more trouble than they did last week against the Bills. In theory the Jets D is better, but the Bills got pressure right up the middle with only 4 guys, and they covered our receivers well enough to shut down our medium to long distance passing game (with a bit of help from the wind perhaps). Of course, whatever they were doing made vulnerable to the run which ultimately sealed their fate.

As for the Saints D... so far they've played exactly as good as the game required. I can't be fully sold on them until they're really stretched to the limit. I don't think the Jets game will be the one too do this however. I think the Saints win this with a mix of hard earned pass and rush yards, and a solid performance by the D to keep the game under control until the Saints can come out ahead.

4. 67Bndwagnfan

67Bndwagnfan New Member

You only name three of our offensive threats, we still have 3 other recievers unaccounted for. Not to mention our runnng game isn't to shabby either. As far as Leon is concerned I just dropped him off of my fantasy squad because his numbers are dismal.

Without the antagonism the things that makes the Saints offense work is ball distribution. If you decide to blitz you are are leaving someone or some part of the field open. The Saints are not in the same class as the previous teams you have played thus far.

I look forward to the game. It will be a challenge for both teams but all in all we have to much to throw at you.

5. ........

........ Trolls

1 man? Cotchery, Stuckey, and Keller have more yards than Colston, Meachem, and Shockey.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Porter or Greer on Cotchery doesn't scare me.

Sharper does, Vilma, and that good front 4.

the Jets have a lot more weapons on defense. Revis, Sheppard, Jenkins, Harris, Scott, Leonard, and Rhodes. It matches up so well with that offense. No one is scoring 30+ pts if everyone is healthy.

The Saints are lucky Pace isn't back.

7. Tolan

Tolan New Member

Theres no use arguing! The flow of bullshit is too strong! Abandon ship! He has beaten us with BOLD UNDERSCORED WORDS IN ALL CAPS!!.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. ........

........ Trolls

How exactly do you plan to field 6 receiving threats and a QB? The incredibly rare "4 lineman" set? Fact is, with our blitz packages, you'll likely be looking at a TE and RB being left in to block, which allows 3 receivers. On packages in which Bush is the RB, you have an outlet for the pass. Still, that's a max of 4 receiving threats at any given time.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

This guy is terrible at grammar. Oh I know, Raiderjoe is a Raiders fan and has to suck at everything...

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he's raiderjoe who writes slightly better...... slightly.

11. GreenMachine

So in conclusion:

The Saints will put up 40 on a team that has allowed only 2 TDS in 3 games
    The Jets have no offensive weapons
    The Jets D is nothing compared to the Saints D
    The Jets have a fat head coach

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^^ i see its already been established.

13. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

The Jets D is SOLID, so were the EAGLES
    The Saints offense has the advantage
    The Saints Defense has the advantage CLEARLY

BUT GUYS I HAVE TO SEASON MY PORK CHOPS I'LL BE RIGHT BACK

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Guy's if the Jets can run the ball and control the game they will win, if the Jets are up but go 3 and out and do not make crucial first downs at the end of the game to ice it, we will lose, we cannot ask the defense to bail out the lack of ability of the Jets offense to make crucial first downs at the end of the game every week, it happened last week and against the Pats.

Game management!!

15. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

:rofl2:

Stevie Wonder has better typing skill then RaiderJoe, so it's really not that far of a stretch that this guy is a bit better is it?

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't forget the garlic and the Ritalin.

17. GreenMachine

A top 3 D is just solid?

Buffalo, Detroit, and Philly(after the cheap shot on McNabb)...just sayin'.

18. davidstvz

davidstvz New Member

I don't think it's likely, but we can put up 40 points (or close enough) in a fairly normal situation. It goes like so:

The game is tough and close through the first half and the Saints go into the locker leading by just 3 or 4 points (say 14 to 10). Then in the second half, there is already a sense that the Saints are slowly but surely winning and suddenly the other team makes a mistake (turnover on special teams) and the Saints use a short field to stretch the lead in spite of the opposing team's solid defense. Now in desperation the other team's offense makes more mistakes trying to catch up giving the Saints O more short fields taking the other team's D mostly out of the equation.

That's how we get scores like 48-22 (vs. the Eagles) and that's how it might happen to you guys. I'm not saying it will, but if you let us get ahead by 14 in the second half, don't be surprised if that's how it ends up.

19. GreenMachine

Good post, but a few things.

The Jets ST is one of the best in the NFL. Ryan knows how to gameplan..and he does something we have not seen in years: Halftime adjustments.

We know the Saints Gameplan going in...Stack the line and force Sanchez to throw.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this out of context is hysterical