17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Im in the same boat as you. I'm expecting my call on thursday, friday the lastest. I too will not purchase a psl and from what ive been gathering on this board and calling up the ticket offices last week it looks like they will have non-psl left for us. I was told to expect upper endzones at best.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

rowonejetfan

I plan on buying non-PSL Front Row tickets!!! Just waiting till people don't pay their deposits and the tickets go back on sale!!! Betcha better seats go on sale in four weeks than today.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

People have to pay there deposits immediately.

I spoke with my rep and if people to back out they will call the people with higher seniority.

People were selling their seniority on ebay when this first started.

4. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Sorry to scatter you hopes but you need a credit card to make the deposit, for them to hold the seat for you... even for non-psl seats.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

pretty sure you have to get them the money within a week. dont necessarily need a cc at that moment.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Can I just turn down PSL Free seats for 2010 and ask to be put on waiting list for 2011 and hope somone with good seats gvies them up. Maybe I can do that if all they have left is terrible seats.

Also what happens when they run out of PSL free seats? If I don't buy a PSL am I off list or can I join new waiting list for non-Psls?

7. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

What is your obeseeion with being in the front row? Is it that big a deal to wait a year without going at all?

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only that cut through the industial lot to avoid the Moonachie Ave. traffic. I park on the north side of the Izod, M23, and leave via the service road. The walk take 10-12 minutes but leaving is great. Seems like its gonna stay the same for the new place. When I get there at 9am, the parking people look at me like I am crazy for parking in an empty lot

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't want to burst your bubble, but the chances of that happening is nil. Do you honestly think somebody with front row non-PSL tickets is going to give them up because they lack the deposit money?

A lot of those front row seats were doled out to Woody's cronies. Still others went to the Star-Ledger, insurance companies, pharmaceutical affiliates of Johnson and Johnson, acounting firms who do their books, gardiners that take care of Woody's property, all the way down to the guy who is renovating Woody's kitchen. The rest of the front row uppers went people with TONS of seniority... older people no doubt, who are financially set.

Somebody like Champ, for example, would have to have his head examined to not send in the deposit. Once he owns the seats, he can sell them to "tenants" for much more than he paid.

You do not have seniority, which has been your problem right along. You were extremely fortunate to get your hands on 2009 front fow seats this year and that was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but that's where it ends. Your only hope of now getting 2010 front row tickets anywhere in the stadium is to buy them on StubHub and pay through the nose, or buy a front row PSL when they become available and pay through the nose. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my best advice is for you to really, really enjoy those front row seats this year becasue it'll probably be the last time you'll ever get to even smell them.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I travel more than 3 hours for each game. Sometimes its a 10 hour round trip and there is ALWAYS something better about being at the game than being at home....

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Row One

I have an obsession with row one as it sounds better and has better re-sale value on stubhub. Basically to me row 1-20 sidelline is all good and all the same face value $105, however it is much easier to sell or even give away row one, does not even matter on section. Kinda like why is something $1.99 and not $2.00.

Row 2 is good but it is not row one.

I monitored the 2009 tickets sales every day from early June till they stopped selling. The part that amazed me is the best tickets apeared periodically throughout the process.

Did you really think Jets would only sell best tickets only to first 80% of list and then get stuck with the last 20% of seats. No makes no sense. Give a better shot at better seats early but throw in some good seats later on.

Jets have never said what seats are left. How do you even know all of row 1-10 is sold our in the sidelines?

13. Section 227. Row 5

That, my friend, is probably the most sensible thing you've said all month. We don't know... good point. For all we know, they could be holding out. They've never accounted for any of the seats or made it public. We only know what the "reps" have been telling us, so very good point indeed.

I remember buying tickets to a play recently online. And they let you go into the seating chart... it's an interactive website seating chart, which means, it's like picking out airline seating. If you hesitate and go back the next day, you will see that some seats are already gone, so it's constantly changing. Not so with what the Jets have done. It's all a big fucking secret, so yeah, how do we really know? Maybe they stuck all of us suckers with "seniority" with the crappier seats and then they'll roll out the better seats toward the end when they need to finish up selling them.

Fuck you Woody. The level of distrust you've generated throughout this entire process is egregious.

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That's right, which is actually legally problematic for the Jets. As someone said, their pitching of PSLs as an investment straddles the line in terms of securities laws. You could argue in court that the Jets failed to properly publish a prospectus that outlines the risks, and where they would have to very clearly indicate which seats are for sale and publish how many licenses have been sold and where/for how much.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I asked my rep point blank what happens when PSL-Free seats run out and PSL free seats stop selling. Was told they may re-evaluate prices. To me that means. They can cut PSL prices, cut ticket prices, give away one years season tickets with PSL purchase, throw in free food and drinks, throw in free parking, etc. etc. Right now offered a half-way decent PSL free seat I will buy it no questions asked. But when it comes to last row in corner PSL free or roll dice I can buy a 5K PSL with one year free tickets thrown in I am rolling dice.

Until attendence is announced on opening day of 2010 we will have no clue how PSL sales went.

16. Section 227. Row 5

The one huge advantage to not having purchased a PSL, at least from my perspective (and one of the main reasons I chose not to do so) is that I'm not tied down. I can walk. I do it for a year and then I'll re-evaluate what I want to do. That's the beauty of the Uppers.

If a lot of PSLs come on the open market 17 months from now and there are PSLs out there that look very appealing, I can always buy one at that time. Will they be higher? Maybe. Some of them will certainly be higher, like front row in any section anywhere. But many will be lower or at face value, I think. And then people will be able to pick and choose.

Like I've said before, many buyers of these things are going to find that they have to get out for a variety of reasons. And some of them will have to get out quickly. There will always be opportunities to buy into the PSLs if that's what you want to do. It's not like an immediate decision had to be made )for life) right now. There's always going to be plenty of movement and other opportunities to upgrade.

For now, I'm set in Section 342.

17. GordonGecko

Attendance on opening day 2010 will be 100% of capacity. The real question is game 2 and especially game 8

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

I come in from Edison. Been parking in lot 13b (now 17e with the BS renumbering) and I'm home within 45 mins. I'm glad I will still be able to park there and jump onto rt 3 after.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

I hope he falls over the ledge I hate him

20. GordonGecko

no really, tell us how you really feel haha