Jets vs. Saints - Keys to the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Atopps, Sep 28, 2009.

1. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Mr Colston, I'd like to introduce you to the CB you'll be facing on Sunday, Revis Christ.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I never thought I'd see the day when someone would say this without being sarcastic.

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Her are definite things that will happen when we play the Saints.

1. The secondary is going to be tested. Lower got caught with that touch down last week and if he starts again he will be picked on. Revis will keep his area on lock, but we saw Kerry wasn't afraid and was trying t complete passes to his side. Its time for Kerry " The play maker" Rhodes to show what he's got.

2. Leon Washington will either run one back or have a good game on the ground. T Jones will add 50-65 yards. The running game will improve from last week.

3. Sanchez will be let loose! Not sure if the result will be a well played game with the 3rd down magic returning or another confidence dampener. His face said it all last game , while they were on that out of sync stretch.

4. Defensive front will be out for blood and return to attacking the quarter back. I think they were more reserved for fear that The running back would be able to get out side and torch us , the way he did on a couple of plays.

5. The offensive line will open those holes for Leon and Thomas.

I smell a victory! Jets Keep rolling 34-24:jets:

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

1) Lowery CANNOT see the field as a #2. BURNED constantly. Comeback route? Burned. Slant? Burned. Crossing Route? Burned.

I'm sick of him.

5. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Obviously the best bet is pressure. You could allow Dinner Table Russell 8 seconds to pass and he would tear you up. Give him 3 and he just wants to get to the sideline to have a snack. Brees is no different from any other QB in that respect.

If the Jets don't get pressure up the middle, it will be a quick game. That said, the middle of the Jets defense is the strongest part.

6. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

I am thoroughly excited and nervous for this game. It's only Tuesday and I am dying for Sunday.

I am really looking forward to see what kind of preparation Ryan has in store here for this game. This is gonna be tough and a true test.

7. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I want the Jets to win as much if not more than everybody but I cannot see us putting up 30 plus points. I am excited yet nervous about this game. Our secondary really needs to be on point and I hope Jenkins is relatively pain free.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why not? We put up 24 against Tennessee in the rain and with no running game.

9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

On the road in a dome we have to take away the passing game. The last thing we need is for the Saints to go up by 2 TDs and their passing game can easily do that. IMO we pressure Brees and try to make the running game beat us. I think our front 7 can slow down the running game even while applying pressure. By putting the ball in the hands of their running backs they chew up the clock and hopefully score less. Likewise this is the week we try to pound the ball against their defense.

I think the difference will be our special teams. If we can provide Snatches with excellent field position and score or continue to force turnovers deep in enemy territory then we will win.

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The key to this game is Sanchez's ability to strike with the quick passing game without turning the ball over to many times.

This is the first game we are playing indoors on a very fast surface. Compared to everything else Sanchez has seen this is going to look like a pinball game. Fast and furious. Can he adjust to the speed and the noise and put enough points on the board to compete?

11. Breesus

Breesus New Member

We also put up 48pts on Philly at their house. Yeah, Yeah, yeah Mcnabb didn't play, but last I checked he doesn't play Defense.... You going to tell me the Eagles don't have a good D? I think they are ranked 5th or so right now. And I do think your D has been really great so far this year but keep in my you haven't played an Offense like ours. And don't say the Pats have some great offense b/c they have looked like shit this year and should have lost to the Bills were it not for one of the worst special teams decisions in mrecent memory. I think it's going to be a hell of a test for both teams. Being indoors really plays to our strengths and I think that will help us get the W. I really like the Jets this year and love the coach and the young QB. This game won't make or break any team obviously but it sure would be nice going into the bye week 4-0. Wish ya'll the best after this week and maybe we'll meet up in Miami....

12. winstonbiggs

I think the Pats just kicked the crap out of a pretty good Atlanta team on Sunday. Didn't they make the playoffs last year from the same division that you guys play in?

Brees is a great QB indoors, we just have to beat on him and hope Shockey is possing for the NY audience and makes one of his patented end zone drops.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The key to this game is both Sheppard and Strickland being healthy.

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It would be great if Shockey threw his helmet 10 miles at a key point in the game like Tirley did that one year, wouldn't it?

15. winstonbiggs

Shockey is a huge talent but enough of a head case where the Giants were comfortable downgrading the talent at the position for some stability. Shockey can give and take away and it wouldn't surprise me to see him do both in this game.

He has TO head case potential.

16. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

:jets:I think if we score first, that we have a pretty good chance this sunday. The Saints have not had to comeback in any game they have played this year. If we get the early lead we have a good shot!

17. LSUsaintsfanla

LSUsaintsfanla New Member

yes pats beat the falcons, but the falcons weak point last year was their d.

18. Tennessee Saint

Tennessee Saint New Member

That's because we haven't been down even once this season lol

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I really see Sanchez really challenging himself against the best QB in the business today, i'm sure he will learn plenty from this game, and IMO I think the Saints top 10 D is horseshit, I hope Sanchez - Cotch - Keller burns them, just try not to throw in Darren Sharper's direction, hes been sick this season

20. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Can you read? He just said that.

The Saints have not had to comeback in any game they have played this year. = That's because we haven't been down even once this season lol

#60 wildthing202, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009