containing the saints

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Sep 27, 2009.

1. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Jonathan Goodwin at center - remember him?

2. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

He seems to be an escape artist.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Isn't this the same team with the same players that finished 8-8 and last in their division last year? When Brees threw for over 5000 yards? Do Jets fans always have to manufacture reasons to hyper-ventilate?

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

The biggest key to this game, well there are 2 really. One: We have to establish a good consistent running game and we have to set Sanchez up with some 2nd and shorts; we must keep moving the chains. This keeps Brees off the field. The Saints can't score a lot if they aren't on the field much. This is an emormous game for our front line. They must create some good running lanes. Leon, Jones, Richardson and the quasi-inactive Greene need huge games. The second: Sort of stating the obvious; we have to rush the daylights out of Brees. Give a QB of his caliber time to throw and he will beat you. Jenkins has to be in top form. Scott, Harris, Revis, Rhodes need to have huge games. Ellis stepping it up would be good, too. I am looking for a surprise spurt from Cummings or Westerman, too.

We have a good shot at this one, but we will have to earn every point. Mouton will not be playing this week. No mistakes from Sanchez either. Not complaining - I am thrilled they way he is progressing; couldn't ask for more - he does have to protect the ball a bit better, though.

#104 GreenHornet, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  5. Puddinhead

Puddinhead New Member

"Isn't this the same team with the same players that finished 8-8 and last in their division last year?"

Basically.....no.

6. Don

What changed?

#106 Don, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  7. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Jeremy Shockey found God.

8. Don

He must have...I saw he actually made a few catches this year.

9. Puddinhead

Puddinhead New Member

"The Saints offense seems similiar to the "Greatest show on Turf"."

Aside from being second in the NFL in rushing, that is...

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

posted this in another thread but since theres basically 3 ongoing threads about the Saints VS Jets ill just post it again cause its relevant.

i love the saints fans throwing around numbers as if their Strength of Schedule is even legit enough to support the argument.

you cant make a stat for how hard Jenkins is to block or how hard Harris/Scott hit.

and we'll see how the new saints VAUNTED defense holds up.

this is indeed our toughest game so far you wont see many jets fans denying that. I just think its funny how I see alot of Saints fans clinging to numbers basically saying there defense is better than ours and theyre going to run ALL OVER us.

let Bush come over the middle in the slot and Scott will hit him harder than footage of Ray J fucking Kim Kardashian.

the saints offense is elite without a doubt but theyve yet to be under constant pressure or hit by a real team.

itll be a hell of a game and I wouldnt be surprised either way, I just think these Saints fans in general should save the defensive numbers for someone who actually thinks the bills, no McNabb Eagles (the fact some of you even suggest his absence was a non factor makes me feel like im wasting my time typing), and the only High School team in Michigan with a Salary Cap compares to beating the Texans, Pats, and Titans (who are good enough to be 3-0 and everyone knows it)

end of my rant. this isnt directed at anyone in specific just the more ive been seeing posts on this msg board and the Saints msg board (alot of posters on the Saints fan site appear to think this will be a complete blowout) i for one, know it will be a hell of a game either way.

11. Don

I know you have a great passing game, you did last year too. I asked what changed. I won't worry about your running game until I see it against a team that can play defense.

12. HOI

HOI Active Member

Everyone needs to check out saintsreport.com. These morons are predicting a 45-10/35-7 type blow out. I'm all for having faith in your team but these people must be high. I just got done arguing with a guy who was trying to tell me that, the Broncos D is better than ours not only statistically but they that they also have better personnel.

13. mc4saints

mc4saints New Member

"Isn't this the same team with the same players that finished 8-8 and last in their division last year? When Brees threw for over 5000 yards? Do Jets fans always have to manufacture reasons to hyper-ventilate?"

No, we actually have a defense to go with Brees and the offense. 2 new starting corners and a new starting safety. Also, Greg Williams has brought a different strategy and attitude to this defense, kind of Like Rex has done for you.

I am not one of the Saints Fans counting on a blow out or anything, but I do expect us to pull out a win in the Dome. Your Defense is good, but it has not been tested like it will be this weekend.

Geaux Saints!
    MC

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

yeah but Texans offense was said to be dynamo too...Likewise the Patriots are always great. But I understand, saints have an offense on another level

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

This is gonna be a hell of a game

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

That works both ways. If you send too many people out running routes, Brees isn't going to have time to get them the ball.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

WTF? Really?!?

18. VOR

VOR New Member

Saints Fans

Just joined the forum for this game. Yep, the guys on Saints Report can be a little nuts. In any event, I'm looking forward to a great game. I'm accomplishing exactly dick in my office this week.

I'm concerned about the Jets defensive schemes and blitzes, and, clearly, that has to be what Payton, Brees and company are working on this week. I will say, that the Saints running game looks legit this year, and that's huge.

On the defensive side, the Saints have upgraded significantly over last season. They're creating turnovers and the secondary is not the joke it once was. They can give up the occasional big play, however.

I'm looking forward to Jets fans hitting the city. You guys are great. I always have a good time with good natured smack. There are occasional idiots from both sides, but they're the minority. If anybody needs suggestions on bars, restaurants, etc., let me know.

It's going to be a great game. Too bad Kyle Turley isn't around, though.

19. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

I dont think we are quite up for this type of game yet. From day 1 this was one game I had in the loss column. I am confident our defense can throttle these guys back, but I dont think our offense is in synch enough yet to run toe-to-toe with these guys. That being said, the Saints (and everyone around them) pretty much feel like they cant be stopped. And everyone is still wondering if the Jets are for real. If Rex has our guys wound up like he did for the Pats game and the Saints are feeling like the Titans of last year...well then we could see an upset. This game isnt as critical as the next 4 though. If we lose a game to a NFC team, (and a good one too) I can swallow that. We have Miami twice, Bills and the Raiders(if we lose to them this year I will puke). I would be ecstatic to get to the bye week at 6-2.

20. realitybias

realitybias New Member

I don't think you can call a Jets win an upset any more than a Saints win. Yeah, someone will be "upset" after this game, but both teams are VERY good and close to one another in power rankings. Either team can win this game.