Saints -6 1/2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaybny, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Saint Smack

Saint Smack New Member

What I was pointing out is that Philly was a quality opponent, but you guys seem to keep discounting them. McNabb would not be a factor in the running game, being that he is now completely a pocket passer for the last several years.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm not questioning your offense....it's certainly legit.

but your defense.....i want to see you try and stop a legitimate offense.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The Eagles hung up 22 points on you guys......with Kolb as the QB.

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

It's been stated time and time again by Scott/Ryan that those 4th yard runs by Johnson was a mirage. The scheme was designed to prevent the big passing play-- not to contain the run game-- so those numbers don't tell the whole story. Chris Johnson was absolutely shut down, aside from a 2nd quarter run that should have been a holding penalty.

5. Saint Smack

Saint Smack New Member

That is why this is a great matchup. Both our defenses are going to have their hands full. I think you will have the most success in the short passing game, more so than the run. JMHO.

6. Tennessee Saint

Tennessee Saint New Member

Guess you'll have to wait for when the Giants visit us then :smile:

9 of those points came in garbage time against prevent D.

7. Saint Smack

Saint Smack New Member

Eagles are a more legit offense than the Jets. Eagles are ranked 6th overall, Jets are ranked 20th. A McNabless Eagles, much less.

espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

8. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

it was ridiculous conditions, the wind was howling all over the place. take that with a grain of salt.

9. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

The Eagles scored on a terrible Carolina team, apparent garbage time against you guys and a terrible Chiefs team. Tough defenses.

10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

well still be underdogs on espn though. nobody wants to admit were for real. although i do have my doubts about winning this one.

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

You guys still use prevent D? Cute.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i love the saints fans throwing around numbers as if their Strength of Schedule is even legit enough to support the argument.

you cant make a stat for how hard Jenkins is to block or how hard Harris/Scott hit.

and we'll see how the new saints VAUNTED defense holds up.

this is indeed our toughest game so far you wont see many jets fans denying that. I just think its funny how I see alot of Saints fans clinging to numbers basically saying there defense is better than ours and theyre going to run ALL OVER us.

let Bush come over the middle in the slot and Scott will hit him harder than footage of Ray J fucking Kim Kardashian.

the saints offense is elite without a doubt but theyve yet to be under constant pressure or hit by a real team.

itll be a hell of a game and I wouldnt be surprised either way, I just think these Saints fans in general should save the defensive numbers for someone who actually thinks the bills, no McNabb Eagles (the fact some of you even suggest his absence was a non factor makes me feel like im wasting my time typing), and the only High School team in Michigan with a Salary Cap compares to beating the Texans, Pats, and Titans (who are good enough to be 3-0 and everyone knows it)

end of my rant. this isnt directed at anyone in specific just the more ive been seeing posts on this msg board and the Saints msg board (alot of posters on the Saints fan site appear to think this will be a complete blowout) i for one, know it will be a hell of a game either way.

13. tucsonsaint

tucsonsaint New Member

Coach K, haven't you ever head Parcells? You are what your record says you are and the titans are 0-3. You guys keep going back to last year..................except when it comes to the jets and then you say you're better.................which is it? Are we going by last year or this year? BTW the Texans suck....................we destroyed that team in the preseason at their house and they actually tried to win. That team has more personalities than TO.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

who did i say the jets are better than? all i said I think weve beaten better teams than the saints have beaten

and if you really believe the titans arent a great team. thats fine, i think most people would disagree.

the PRESEASON?

yeah ill just leave that one to yourself.

15. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

What's the worst part of this post? The five ellipses piled on top of one another? The poor grammar? Talking about preseason games? Or a random Terrell Owens reference? It's tough.

Oh, and in that PRESEASON game, by the time Matt Schaub left, it was 7-7. So, you're an idiot.

#75 firemanedjr, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  16. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

This is one of the 3 hardest games the Jets have on their schedule this season. With that said, I think the Saints defensive stats are misleading, especially their run defense. You need to look at each game.

There's nothing impressive about beating the Lions, they lost 19 straight games.

Even without McNabb, the Eagles have a good offense. The problem there is that the Saints were up by 18 points early in the 2nd half which forced the Eagles to get away from the run.

The Saints were able to keep the Bills from scoring a TD on offense, which is great, but they still let up 4.2 yards per carry.

What that tells me is that as long as the Jets defense is able to keep them within a score, they should be able to have success running the ball. If that is the case, this is going to be a close game that will be decided by which defense forces the most turnovers.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is a clear case of Misguided stats....
    3 of those INT's were against Stafford and they were playing from behind.
    the other 3 are vs Kolb
    So you really wanna come hear talking sensless smack like that?
    Your stats are wack.

Next, your run defense.... Of Course it's going to look good if everyone is passing cause they're playing from behind, again...a bad stat that is misguided.
    And you are no where Near the caliber of Defense the Titans are...

Wanna talk Defense?
    Well You played Detroit w/ a rookie QB, Philly w/Backup and the Bills w/an EMO QB. all together you've given up 56pts.

We've played the Texans, Pats and Titans their Full squad but in a few games we've missed starters...
    Yet, We didn't allow an Offensive TD til the 2ndQ of game 3!
    Yes, we shutout the Texans & Pats...who mind you, have put up points vs other teams this year.

Your team can score but let's not get it twisted, your D is basically bullshit.
    and by the time sunday night comes, Brees will be hit so many times thet they're going to be surgically removing his Mole from his ass....

Welcome to the board.

and yes, Vilma was a player I liked...

#77 Royal Tee, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Pretty good stats, but again different Ds and Revis could alter those stats significantly.

Here's where Brees is going to have trouble: his best receiver will be covered by revis so he's going to have to go through his progressions which ultimately takes longer. If you give brees time to throw, he's going to shred you. Now add the pass rush we have, with the disguises, and the blitzing schemes and they could very well be held to under 20 points.

If that's the case, I'll take the Jets. If we can't get any pressure then we're screwed....if that's the case, we've gone back in time and are watching a Mangini team.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Our running game has shit the bed, so nothing to fear there.

20. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

NO reminds me of Indy: everything revolves around that O getting ahead and allowing the D to pin its ears back. I just hope we slow it down with a solid rushing attack. The thing that actually worries me the most? Gregg Williams. Just look what the man did with ZERO talent in Wash.