17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So you didn't get your seats yet?

You'll have to change your screen name....

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I doubt he'll be able to get anywhere near row 1 for next year. I got coaches club seats (the real first row) for the Patriots game in the season ticket holder sale opportunity. Had I known those tickets were so hard to get, I would have bought them for every game this year

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Row One

Yes I know. My bother in law already got his seats in the PSL free section end zone sideline. around row 18, I can sit in those next year for some games.

But it is BS I am getting booted from my row one sideline seats. I love the view from the 40 yard line and what a deal, 105 a ticket when front row club right in front of me cost a fortune to move three feet forward.

I am counting on them cutting PSL prices after people have already commited to PSL free or cheaper PSL seats. I am rolling the dice.

4. GordonGecko

There's no way PSL prices go down, not after everyone else paid full price that would set off a shit storm

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I can't believe I was offered non-PSL seats, so I bought 2 in section 333 for 2010. Same angle we have now, goal line on the visitor's side, but instead of 20 rows up we'll be 20 miles up and they are a bit more expensive. My wife and I discussed it, figured we'll give it a try for a year, with no PSL there's no strings if I don't renew.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Of Course PSL prices can fall

Gordon, some basic math. PSLs are the same price for whole section. In that section some seats are better than others. Take for example yesterdays game. A 50 yard line row one seat on the Jets side to yesterdays games would have been around $500 a pair on stubhub , while for $200 a pair you could have got in the lower sideline last row by zero yard line. Both tickets cost $105 face.

Lets say all the good PSLs in the 15K or 20K section are gone. The remaining 30% are not as desirable and since they are the same price as the better seats they stop selling. At some point Jets have to lower price or leave seats empty.

This is no different than in a new housing complex when day one all are priced same but when builder has three left and sales have ground to halt as last three left are on top of a major road he needs to cut price.

Each section in PSL seats the bottom 1/3 of seats in desirability will not sell. The jets will swing it by saying it is value pricing. Or maybe Jets will throw in one year of free tickets.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

what year are you?

I can't believe I was offered non-PSL seats, so I bought 2 in section 333 for 2010. Same angle we have now, goal line on the visitor's side, but instead of 20 rows up we'll be 20 miles up and they are a bit more expensive. My wife and I discussed it, figured we'll give it a try for a year, with no PSL there's no strings if I don't renew.

8. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Its extremely unlikely at best that the Jets will lower their PSL prices. In the small likelihood that they do, it will most likely be the worst PSL seats. If anything is going down, its the $700 price tickets for expensive PSLs.

9. GordonGecko

On the first item, 1st row to last row is a valid comparison, but 50 yard line to 0 yard like isn't a good analogy since there's 7 PSL price zones on the lower sidelines (5 on the Jets side). To your point though, I could see them creating new cheaper PSL zones, but they would have to not have sold any full price PSLs yet in those sections.

If you want to compare to a housing complex, people will actually walk away from their deposits if they know that even if they eat their deposit and first payment. they can get the same house for cheaper. If those same PSL zones go down more than 10% and the first of 15 installments, why would anyone keep those seats (besides having a collection agency bang on their door). I could easily see the lawsuits flying and I don't think the Jets want to deal with that just for an extra 5-15% more in sales

10. GordonGecko

One guy I met at the Pats game put down for 4 seats with 20K PSLs. He told me that if you look at the fine print on the PSL contract, the published ticket price is the most they can charge and that the actual price will probably be lower next year. I don't know if that's true, but I've heard it from other people that they don't think the ticket prices will be that high in some of those sections

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

will they ever play the superbowl at the new stadium? or is this out of the question because there is no roof.

12. GordonGecko

out of the question. Makes you wonder how two teams can pool their resources and still not be able to get a roof.

Anyone know if the new stadium has the infrastructure in place to add a roof at a later time should they decide to add it?

13. Italian Seafood

We're 2001--got the original call last week but spoke to her this morning and took the seats.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well alright, MY MAN! You are the man! Good job. We'll all be up there and we should all get together in the parking lot before the very first game.

Good way to look at it too... that's what I did. Screw it, we try it for a year and see how we like it. I can tell you right now though, my wife is NOT going to like sitting in the rain, I know that for a fact.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes ur POV I understood & yes MF was on ur side as well.

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

We spent an extra 30% and $600 MM more than Jerry Jerk and he got a roof and we don't.

Unbelievable.....

Same Old Jets......lol

17. Italian Seafood

My wife blew off the game yesterday morning when she saw the rain and wasn't feeling good. I drove down to try and sell the tickets, saw no I NEED TICKETS guys on the way, went in the lot, no buyers there, all sellers. I ended up going in and seeing the game, ate the other ticket.

Regarding next year, not thrilling to go up in price and move a mile straight up in seating, but I was almost sure I'd be squeezed out completely. Being able to keep two seats and the same basic corner of the stadium to me is pretty cool. They want $500/seat within 7 days, I told them that probably won't happen but they will get paid.

18. Italian Seafood

I don't want a roof, I like the elements even though they suck sometimes.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Tell them you heard about their new program and you're unemployed right now and you'll send $100 X 2 = $200. Maybe they'll go for that. I gave them $2,000 (4 tickets) on my credit card the same day. Hated to do that but at least now my bill in May won't be so bad.

I would have preferred the roof, for the very reason your wife bailed. My wife doesn't do cold rain very well and although I was an Eagle Scout and spent a year in the monsoons in SE Asia, I don't care for it now either at my age. For the kind of PSLs the Giants and Jets are charging, it unconscionable that they didn't at least build that in from the start for the fans they "love and appreciate so much."

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

I had some issues with seniority but not a lot. I'm a 1991 seniority in the upper deck so it bothered me that a guy with the same 1991 seniority in the lower level could take an upper deck seat first since they did each year starting at the 50 and working outward.

Overall though the people that were there the longest should have first shot. For example, a guy like 227 has I believe 86 seniority. He should be able to pick his seats anywhere he wants before someone else. Look at the Giants. If you had 50 yd line seats for 30 years that are now coaches club you're basically shut out of the new stadium with their process.

My only issues besides the calling each year starting at the 50 yd line was the issue of passing tickets down thru family's. My tickets have been in my name since 1991 and I have gone since 1991. If a guy has had tickets since pre-1977 and they are now his kid's who has only gone 3-4 years I didn't find that fair. That's just me though