containing the saints

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Sep 27, 2009.

1. realitybias

realitybias New Member

I'm sorry.

I just don't see the Pats going far this year, not nearly as far as either of our two teams.

Tom Brady TRIED to give the Falcons the game.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Buffalo is not a "very good" offense. It's poor on the OL, QB, and TE with good WRs and HBs. They're scrappy and can put on points but for the most part they're a frustrating offense that struggles often.

The same can be said about the Jets offense right now but the difference is the Jets seem to have found a way to get it done when it matters... and this was against the Patriots and Titans defense, both of which are vastly superior to the Saints.

I will give the Saints credit for being a ballhawking defense that can make plays, but if the Jets are able to play this game without turnovers, something they'll definitely be gameplanning for, it'll be a very long day for the Saints D. The Jets are going to be playing for the first down marker rather than the quick strike... they're going to go for first downs and try to control the time of possession... leave the Saints offense without a lot of time to work with.

3. SaintsFanMan

SaintsFanMan New Member

I love this match up. May the best team win....

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Buffalo is a very good offense? Haha, since when? This is the Saints first tough game of the year, there off to a good start but they haven't faced a D nearly as good as this Jets D.

5. SaintsFanMan

SaintsFanMan New Member

The Saints defense is built for shutting down the running game with 3 #1 picks starting on the DL. You don't want to go 3 and out with us too often.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Fortunately for the Jets they've been facing the same situation every week so far. Every team has played the Jets run game very tight and forced the Jets to pass... and for the most part it's worked out well for the Jets.

The Titans gave us a scare in that regard but with the help of the Titans ST we were able to eventually pull through.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

we're aware.

this is the hardest game for both teams. it's going to be a fantastic game. I can't wait to see our teams play.

8. realitybias

realitybias New Member

I can't wait either.

I have tickets to see this game in the dome. I'll be doing my best to scream my lungs out and disrupt your rookie's play calls :)

9. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Philly's d is pretty good! I don't think they are as good as ours but they did face a strong d and chrush it! Buffalo and detriot are weak and no way to judge them but Philly plays a blitzing sceme and got burned by NO. Just saying.

10. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Typically, Brees passer rating goes UP in blitz situations.

There was a stat, I forget what it was (it was posted last week before the bills game) that Brees completion percentage goes up when rushing 5 and up more when rushing 6.

11. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Here is the relevant stat:

Brees as a 159 passer rating whenever you send more than 4 pass rushers.

I can't post the link because I have a low post count.

12. bclemms

bclemms New Member

Finesse teams don't lead the league in rushing yards, rushing yards per game, and rank third in yards per attempt.

Finesse teams don't rank 5th stopping the run and 6th in yards allowed per carry.

You must think the Jets are going to get on a Time Machine and travel back a season before heading to the dome. This isn't the 2008 Saints just like you guys aren't the 2008 Jets.

Regardless of the competition, the Saints have won all three games they've played by 20 points or more. Two of these blow outs have come on the road in tough venues. You can say McNabbless Eagles all you like but McNabb doesn't change that game, Kolb is extremely capable and actually looked pretty good in the game.

You can say yeah but it was Buffalo. The Saints played in a stadium that completely eliminated the passing game so the defense gives up 0 points and the running game puts up over 220 rushing yards.

The Saints are a complete team. Greg Williams is going to give looks to Sanchez that he has never seen. We play a 4-3 defense and in one week we went to a 3-4. Hell, we may play a 4-6 against you guys next week, who knows.

Our defensive line has 3 first round draft picks. We have depth with guys like McCray, Ayodele and Hargrove.

Our secondary has been a huge problem in past seasons, particularly Jason David and Josh Bullocks. Both of those guys are gone and in place we have Greer who is extremely underrated and held TO to 0 catches yesterday. To replace Bullocks we brought in a future hall of famer in Sharper who is leading the league in interceptions. Tracy Porter, our 2nd round pick last season was playing like a stud early in the season before getting injured. He is back now and is playing lights out. Our #3 CB started in a Super bowl for the Pats and is a very good nickle. We also have our #1 pick Malcolm Jennings who is making plays as our dime. This isn't the same secondary that you guys watched get lit up the past few seasons.

If you guys decide to blitz the hell out of Brees then you better get to him because he is hands down the best QB in the pocket in the NFL. He knows how to slide away from pressure then hit the big play and will do this repeatedly.

I've watched the Jets a lot this season and Sanchez is a stud, you guys have a young franchise QB but don't expect him to put up huge numbers every week. As teams scout against him, find his weaknesses he'll have to grow up just like every other rookie QB out there. He has protection because of a great defense and shouldn't be asked to get in shoot out situations so I think you guys can go a long way and even think this could be a preview of a game in February.

Revis is a stud but even if he can take Colston away Brees has no problem hitting other targets. Lance Moore was a 1k yard receiver and caught 10 TDs last season, he'll be back for this game. Shockey is finally healthy and is a weapon instead of a decoy. Bell, PT, Bush and Evans are all capable of making plays out of the backfield. Devery Henderson has led the league in yards per receptions the last two seasons and is continuing that trend this season. Meachem our first round pick in 2007 is really coming into his own and is a big play threat. We have weapons all over the field and a QB that doesn't key in on any one of them.

Sanchez is going to be playing in the most hostile stadium he has ever played. It will be his first game in a dome against a defense that shows tons of different looks.

Now with all that said, the Jets scare the shit out of me. They are incredible at bringing pressure up the middle which will prevent Brees from stepping up. Teams that have done this in the past have limited what he can do.

Sanchez can make all the throws and has stayed pretty cool under pressure so far this season. He is accurate and a gamer that the team can rally around. Leon Washington is a playmaker that can beat you between the tackles, outside, in the passing game and in the return game. When Jones gets on a roll he can take over a game with that talented young offensive line.

You guys have a great team but it is going to be a very tough task to come into the dome and win this game. You have to understand where Vegas is coming from. You have a rookie QB going to a hostile environment against a team that has won its first three games by 20 or more points. A team that has the #1 ranked offense, #10 ranked defense and has more balance than any team in the NFL that looks to be extremely healthy with very good depth at every position.

In the grand scheme of things this game is fairly unimportant as far as NFL games go. It is an out of conference game in week 4 against two undefeateds, far from a must win game for either team.

Do I think you guys can win? Absolutely.

Do the statistics and odds favor the Jets? Absolutely not.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a blow out game, a defensive struggle or a shoot out. This game could go any direction because both teams have the ability to play defense and score points.

If the Jets want to win:
    They have to get to Brees when they blitz.
    They have to establish the running game to take the pressure off Sanchez.
    They can't let the Saints get off to a fast start and play from behind.
    They have to force turnovers and then make the Saints pay for them.
    They have to play good third down defense and can't give up the big plays.
    Most importantly, they can't turn the ball over.

Most importantly as fans, we need to appreciate the fact that both teams are 3-0 and on fire with an unlimited upside. Regardless of the outcome I'm excited to watch this game. This is the type of game other team's fans circle as a must watch and it should be extremely exciting. This game will be the ultimate guage of offense against defense with Rex Ryan vs Sean Payton. The individual matchups are outstanding and will be fun to watch, the defense vs offense will be a blast to watch on both sides and even the special teams have been making big plays. I can't wait for Sunday!

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Nice post.

You better have good center and guard play because our NT is a load and so are both of our inside linebackers.

14. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Also, another stat:

The saints have not trailed yet.

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Well if you're going to go by "#1 picks" the Jets have 4 #1 picks on the OL to block your 3 #1 picks. Please stop using that argument, I think I've read is several times in this post alone.

16. brad01

brad01 New Member

Jets want to win this game, they're going to have to get pressure with 3 or 4 guys and run a lot of zone coverages. They'll also have to get a lot of pressure up the middle. Blitz and play a lot of man to man and Brees will pick them apart. Don't take my word for it, watch film and look at the stats. They'll also have to win the turnover battle.

17. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

where the fuck are all these saints fans coming from.

18. bclemms

bclemms New Member

We have the best OG tandem in the league and our Center just got done kicking the shit out Marcus Stroud and Mike Patterson. While he isn't a pro bowler he is very good and a strong guy that holds up very well. This isn't the first time we've played Jenkins either. I'm not worried about the defensive line, I'm worried about Harris coming through and the backs picking up blocks against blitzing backers.

19. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Don't feel threatened.

We're a pretty reasonable fan base. We do this every week. We enjoy dialogue with other teams fans. I think both the Jets and the Saints are pretty good fan bases and we've had more than enough respect on our board from you guys (and you're getting a lot on yours from us).

But feel free to come over to our place and talk!

saintsreport.com

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Don't you know the Jets Mantra. They take a swipe at us we take two swipes at them.