containing the saints

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

One game at a time.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I think the Jets will have to really worry about Vilma. If he continues to make tackles 5-7 yards past the line of scrimmage, Jones and Washington are screwed. With big play ability like, that I would worry.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Oh well there goes next week.

4. 624

624 Banned

Yeah, my bad.

5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

anyone see if Buffalo did what they did against NE? I mean, I know it was close until the end, but i ddin't really see how Buff fucked up

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I think the New Orleans game won't be as difficult as the Tennessee game. As pointed out by Bart Scott, finesse teams play right into what the Jets D does best... they should be all over Brees all day next week.

It's the physical in your face teams that worry me more, teams like Tennessee. As proven yesterday, we can beat those teams too. The sky is the limit for this Jets team.

7. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

YUP .... That's a worry .... NOT .... If he continues to make plays 5-7 yds downfield then we should never even have to face 3rd down, just keep pounding it 5-7 yds at a time .... Just a game of long, time consuming drives, no better defense than to keep our offense on the field ....

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

You can't contain the Saints. You can only outscore them. In the Titans game, Sanchez had to step up and win it and he did just enough. The Jets caught some great breaks - a few non-calls and a bunch of dropped passes by Titans WRs that should have been caught. Sanchez fucked up one too many times but the defense bailed him out (not that the complete non-factor run game was helping any).

Now, against the Saints, Sanchez is really going to have to step it up. No more overthrowing, no more fumbles. He has to have a big game or the Jets don't stand a chance.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If Brees tries to force the ball with the pressure he is going to face he will be in for a long long day.

10. HOI

HOI Active Member

Its gonna be about keeping Brees of the field. TJ has to show up and help us sustain some long drives. Not that its all TJ's fault, I havent noticed any huge holes. The Titans were in the backfield most of the day yesterday.

They're gonna have to go after Brees just like they did Brady. I think that may lead to some big plays for the Saints but against that O you're gonna have to go for broke at times.

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They have a top 5 rush D so I don't know about them having a weak front 7.
    They also have 6 sacks and 7 ints.

I think the short pass game is going to be key this week.

12. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Get up big and all your D stats look good.

13. NFC CHAMPS

NFC CHAMPS New Member

Hello Jets fans,

I know this game will be hyped up this week and it should you guys have been really good with a rookie QB and strong D, & a coach that has the right mind set. So I wish you guys luck the rest of the year just not this weekend. If anyone is coming to New Orleans this weekend... have a great time in our city and enjoy some great food and we will see you in the DOME Sunday.. WHO DAT!

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They played Detroit, Buffalo and Philadelphia without McNabb. What did you expect their defense to do? Even with that they gave up 400 yards through the air to Kolb. People give them way too much credit.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Hit Brees 23+ times. Hitting him in the mouth is the only way to slow them down on defense.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If Revis can deal with Colston like he did to Moss & Johnson (and Sheppard & Strickland can play) it'll make pressuring Brees ALOT easier. Bring the pain and win the game.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Classy post. Welcome to TGG.com!

This should be a great game and has me a bit scared. can't wait to see how our D stacks up with your high powered offense.

18. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

i would LOVE that strategy except.....have you seen thomas jones running lately?

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Indoors in perfect conditions to throw the ball. Be aggresive with the passing game out of the shoot. Make something happen outside the hash marks down the field early and spread out the D. Than run it inside on them late.

We need points early to allow the D to tee off. Points come off the passing game.

20. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

It's going to be an extremely tough game. With the way Ryan activates and leaves players inactive based on the week's strategy, it'll be interesting to see how many DB's and LB's are active at the expense of defensive lineman and possibly offensive players.