Saints -6 1/2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaybny, Sep 27, 2009.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

This game has banana skin written all over it. Personally I think the Saints are a very good team and at home will be a real force. Of all the games we've played so far, this one worries me most.
    Also with a lack of running game, this game just got a whole lot harder

2. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In windy buffalo is a completely different animal as the turf especially for that team

3. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

damn 6.5 pts

not a lot of respect for the Jets despite being 3-0

The Saints beat the Lions, a McNabless Eagles, and the Bills

Not exactly great. I think the Jets wins were more impressive. But whatever, I like being underdogs. It's gonna be more funny when we beat the saints and the Dolphins are 2 pt favorites on MNF vs us.

4. ........

........ Trolls

I don't know that New Orleans has it in the bag right now, but you're right that Mark will have to win this game offensively. Say what you will about their shootout mentality, but New Orleans has been very effective against the run so far. They've allowed fewer yards than we have and a lower YPC. If we're going to win, it'll likely have to be on the arm of Sanchez.

5. good_ol_gil

good_ol_gil Active Member

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that our O isn't developed enough for this type of game yet.

6. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

the jets can't get into a high scoring game against the saints, they need to have long drives running the ball to keep brees off the field. and no turning the ball over either.

7. Paddock

Paddock Member

Well lets not let them off the hook :)

8. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

So we shouldn't crown their asses?

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I don't see any reason why you would believe that, besides be optimistic of course. If I wasn't being homer, I would pick the Saints for this one. I think they are a top 3 NFL team right now. We, the Jets are probably top 5 without my green glasses on.

Oh and Sanchez has also been sacked 4 times, including once when he decided to take the sack instead of throwing it away to keep the clock ticking against Belishit.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that spread isn't shocking. a full TD for the Saints at home.

They are the better team right now.

11. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

ill take the jets with the under..... thanks quick grand!

12. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

If the defense can't keep the game from being a shootout then New Orleans is going to walk to a W.

13. Saintsfan2006

Saintsfan2006 New Member

Definately the key here, as is just about any game in the NFL..problem is the Saints have been extremely against the run this year and have faced some pretty good backs, but at the same time haven't faced any top tier QB's either.

Sanchez will be the key with the Saints loading up and trying to make him take this game to the air and if this happens, Saints win easily.

Turnovers is the biggest point of emphasis the Jets need to make though because in every game, the Saints have had at least one turnover that have given them the short field and they will capitalize, especially in the dome.

Should be a very competitive game though and I'm looking forward to watching it.

14. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I was impressed with what Buff did against NO, but I forgot to take into account, as another poster said, that it was in windy Buff. Totally differnet animal. I'm sure we'll be in the game at the end, but this is definitely a different challenge than we've faced thus far - I sure wish we had Calvin back for this one.

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I see this game entirely different. I think this game should be a cake walk for the Jets compared to the Titans game.

The way you defeat offenses like New Orleans is to keep them off the field. Unlike the Titans, the Saints defense blows. The Saints D is the most overrated defense in the league, and will be exposed by a team that doesn't allow the Saints to fly out to a lead 5 minutes into the game.

On offense, the Jets will treat the first down marker as the end zone. It'll be ball control, it'll be a 10 yard field every play. The Saints won't have half the success stopping our offense that the Titans had.

With that said, I'd be stunned if the Jets D allowed more than 24 points. I'm expecting they allow less than that.

I expect the Jets to frustrate the Saints on Sunday.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

We will see if they are who we think they are.

That being said, get ready for war.

17. The_W

The_W Banned

I'm really worried about their offense, especially as were playing at NO in the dome. Brees will have perfect conditions for throwing the ball, and what has gone pretty unnoticed, the Saints running game has also been solid, albeit this has probably been due the fact that they've made their opponents respect the pass which has opened those running lanes for the backs. And if my memory serves me correct, Pierre Thomas was also inactive for the first two games.

The Saints running game has got me worried because we saw what happened yesterday, when our defense couldn't rush more than 3-4 guys as they had to respect Tennesee's rungame and fear the screen to CJ -- Collins had all day to throw. Now think what Brees could do with that kind of time in the pocket.

Now I like our chances if both Lito and Strick are healthy and ready to go and Thomas Jones shows that he can do something else with the football than just dance and hop around for a few inches.

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

None of the NO running backs are the kind of talent that Chris Johnson is - and their offensive line isn't as good as Tennessee's for that matter.

The Jets will be sending the house all day on Sunday, and they're going to make Brees have to put it up there.

This won't necessarily be a bad thing for the Jets. Sure, they'll get some big plays off, but a fierce pass rush disrupts any QB in the NFL.

19. Pustelnik

Pustelnik New Member

Take a look a the schedule...

You guys realize, that if we win in NO we are actually looking at a REALLY favorable schedule for the coming weeks...

4-0 and going up against:
    @ Maimi (with CP injured)
    Buffalo
    @ Oakland
    Miami
    Jacksonville

Before going to NE... This could be 8-0...

I know its optimistic(and most of you hate that), but this look good...

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Some people talk like we we will lose our defense on the plane trip down there. Brees hasn't faced any attacking defense like he will next week. Philadelphia is a good team but they play a different defense than we do and while NO has a decent running game it is nothing like Tennessee's. We will be blitzing them a lot more then we did yesterday.