17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

All I said is based on the fact that so many new STHs came aboard in 84 when we moved to the M/lands & with only 27,000 non PSL available in the UD it appeared that the 84ers would fill out the UD (not the 83ers). Who would have thunk that so many STHs bailed totally which is the only reason there are still UD seats available. As for Pat Hater we already have the advance that we had to pay in advance to the NYJs in hand for 10

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't still UD seats left after they get through 2009.

3. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

I don't know why they would offer you a deal for paying in full. If you go with their financing, they're charging you interest - so it's better for them in the long run. You're obligated to pay the whole thing anyway, so I would think they'd rather you finance it with them.

4. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Yes...and thanks ! Hope my point came across...Mike gave me some time to give the information and seemed to agree with me and give more thrust to the POV after I was off the air.

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

PSL Update for Jets/Giants: Is there any update on how many of the PSL's for both places have been sold ? Have they sold their lower-tier most-expensive PSL's? Is it the mid-level seating PSL's that are the tough ones to sell ?

If both clubs have sold all the PSL's for the lower-tier seats (the most expensive I presume), that's pretty good....I guess corporations mostly took those.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

This is what you get when you build it union in NYC. Your money goes towards five guys screwing in a lightbulb

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm fine with my seats. He was on here telling the board that no one after 1984 would be able to get uppers and was an arrogant (fill in 4 letter word) about it

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Upper Deck

Ok was at Jet game Sunday, Loved the Game, Hated the Rain!! Anyhow I have row one sideline seats so the front row club seats are in front of me. They are like $400 a seat, two families in front of me. One with five people and one with four people. The family with five people payed $2,000 to see Sundays game just for tickets. Mind you those are season tickets so with ten games they are paying $20,000 a season right now. Those folks are not going to upper deck. Then the other problem is I don't know if I want to go to upper deck myself. By the time they call me all that will be left is UD corners in high rows. Those seats routinely go for below face in secondary market. Bad investment bad seats. Plus I don't even know if I get superbowl rights. Right now if I can get a good 4k or 5K seat that maybe a better investment. A bad 4K or 5K seat I don't want and I am not willing to shell out more than 5K a ticket.

Another factor is newer fans like myself, view the Jets game as entertainment more than a fanatical event. We go we love it but I am not selling my first born for seats. I for one may buy in new stadium if when I am called I get good seats UD or Mezz, if not I will roll dice and see if they lower PSL prices or let me "rent" my seat next year until they sell it.

I went into the box office this morning and Jets are still selling 100 level tickets to the Bengals game. Jets are 3-0 you would think they would have at least sold out all the good seats to every game at this point. To me that is a bad sign.

9. GordonGecko

What I don't get is how Giants tickets are literally going for double what Jets tickets are going for on Stubhub. You'd think that 3-0 into the season and everyone would be jumping on the bandwagon, but this doesn't give me much confidence in putting down $$ for a Jets PSL when secondary market tickets are available and affordable

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

One quick thought, why did Jets decide to use Senority as a sole factor in allocating seats in new stadium. It makes little business sense.

I think maybe they should have done it this way
    30% seniority
    30% current seat location
    30% # of seats in your name
    10% Credit Score

Think about it, a guy who has the cheapest seats in house with only one ticket in his name who is on the verge of bankruptcy but has been going to games since 1979 gets first crack at a great PSL seat that he will most likely default on.

Meanwhile a guy with six frontrow club seats who is a season ticket holder since 1999 and wants to buy six 20K PSLs for cash has to wait and wait and wait and maybe gets shut out of seats he wants and gives up his seats. It is silly.

Senority alone is like a car dealer giving the cheap skate who buys a new stripped base model chevy every 10 years for the last 30 years first shot at the new 2010 camaro when it comes in rather than the guy who buys a brand new loaded cadilac every 3 years for the last 20 years. Makes no sense. Senority should be a factor but not only factor.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Gordon, giant tickets are sold out, jets tickets are still for sale at box office. Heck the Jets have two discount codes, Football and Plum that they are still accepting. I can sit in lower level right from box office for around $110 a seat. You can't scalp for big buch until they sell out. Plus the Jets offered every single person on waiting list, season tickets, half season tickets, season tickets with no pre-season and finally individual games at a discount. If someone said no to all those offers what makes you think they will buy seats at a big premiumn?

12. GordonGecko

But that's my point, why aren't they sold out on ticketmaster in the first place? Are there really THAT many more Giants fans than Jets fans

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Giant fans don't have a love/hate relationship with their team. I love this team and always will, but I gotta say we do have some wish-washy fans.

They were booing for Christ sakes yesterday....

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Ryan mentioned that in his post game PC and said that was ok, he was booing too.

15. GordonGecko

T-Rex always knows what to say. Gotta love the man

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah, he was being nice-

Booing our own team drives me nuts. It's not like we were 0-2 heading into the game.

The first second something wasn't perfect, BAM- boo's galore.

17. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Gordon,, Giants are like Yankee tickets.. and Jets like Met tickets, thats how its always been.

18. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Anyone get their call today. Im looking for an update on where they are.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

What??????

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Calling 2002, Calling 2002

So spoke to Jets today, they are going to be contacting 2002 season ticket holders today. The quote of the day is "plenty of PSL Free seats and 4k and 5k Psls" BTW by Friday of this week they will finish contacting season ticket holders. Even 2009 season ticketholders will get their email by Friday. However, they will have to wait till their day in October to pick their seats.

Remember, in the 2002-2008 time frame only maybe 1-2k seats opened up a year. Unlike 2009 when a ton of people go their seats. ALso how many 2002-2008 people even still have their seats or even want seats in 2009, I betcha not many. Those 2002-2008 seats stunk, upper end zone corners and on top of that they were told they had no chance for PSL-Free seats in new stadium. Well not they have a chance but who cares they gave up their seats.

So from my modest calculations if you bought your season tickets in 2009 in June in a cheap section or anytime in a good section you can buy PSL free seats. 2009 calls go by location then seniority. So Front row club, mezz, lower sideline, etc. At best only a August/Serptember guy who bought the cheapest seats in house will be shut out. Don't be shocked if they go into waiting list with PSL free seats.