17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Hottest ticket in all sports, that's for sure. I've heard that only as little as 10,000 seats are available for each participating team to distribute as they please. Then the rest get distributed to the other teams in the league, and the NFL uses the rest for promos with only maybe a couple hundred available for the public lottery

2. GordonGecko

Actually, here's the complete info on super bowl ticket distribution:

SB XLII ticket distribution
    AFC Champion -- 17.5 percent
    NFC Champion -- 17.5 percent
    Host Team (Cardinals) -- 5.0 percent
    Other 29 Teams -- 34.8 percent
    NFL -- 25.2 percent

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/faninformation

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm trying to remember how that was handled the last time... not saying that will be the case this year, however.

But if memory serves (and please, guys, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), I thought the deal last time was that the NFL had close to 100,000 total SB tickets available. Of those tickets, 40,000 went to the two teams. That's 20,000 to the Jets, for example.

Then the Jets put those 20,000 into a lottery, so of the 78,000 STHs, you had roughly a 2-in-8 (or 25%) chance of getting SB tickets. The guy behind me actually won that lottery and got a letter from the Jets saying he qualified! Then we lost anyway and it was all for naught, but he was freakin' pumped, I'll tell you.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Oh... well here you go. Good research, Gecko. So under that scenario, the Jets would get 17,500 tickets.

5. GordonGecko

I'm sure he couldn't sleep after he got that letter. One thing to consider, because of all the craziness this year the place isn't filled with season tickets anymore. Many were sold individually, and many were sold in half season plans. That means if only full season get dropped in the lottery you have a much better chance this year of being picked than any other year. Now the Jets just need to do their part ;)

6. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, except I'm getting this mental picture of Woody sitting at a computer the night before the drawing, feverishly looking at STH accounts, and then he comes to 227's account and mumbles, "Another one of those bastards who didn't buy my PSLs," and then he hits the Delete button.

7. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

good info.. had the rights for 10 years and was never really clear on how that worked.. interested to see how they handle it w/ the non-PSL's in the new stadium..

8. Section 227. Row 5

Maybe Woody can sell PSLs to the lottery drawing. Fork over an additional "Lottery PSL" of $500 up front and that entitles you to get on the lottery list with a 20% chance of winning.

9. GordonGecko

1 SB Ticket right for every new 2 PSLs purchased, spechul foh uuu!!!

10. Section 227. Row 5

I wouldn't put it past him to dangle them that way. But only for new PSLs purchases. Sorry, if you already purchased a PSL, you're out of luck, just like with the Preseason games.

11. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

does the lottery pick by seat or account owners? i own one seat, my buddy next to me owns his.. others own 4+.. does the 4+ seat owner possibly only land one ticket?

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I won the lottery that year--got the Letter and when we were up 10-0 lost my mind and thought for sure that I / we were going--then Mccafrey got loose downfield and Terrell Davis turned back into Terrell Davis and ---uh---- I gotta go make a drink!!!!!!

13. GordonGecko

How many seats in your account, and how many SB seats did you get prequalified for? Did you get any details about seating location, ticket price, that sort of thing?

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

at the time I had 8 seats---my buddy was in the same exact situation and also was picked-------I won the opportunity to buy 2 superbowl seats-never found out price or location -but was set to go I had a place to stay and was all hooked up-----just needed the Jets to close the deal,,, never happened

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Super Disappointment(s)

Fellas - I won the lottery TWICE, in '83 and then again came up roses again in '98. I had my dream - a JETS SUPER BOWL in-person, dashed by Shula in the mud bowl (have you ever, before or since seen a game played in Miami in those conditions? It's why Miami is and always will be my mortal enemy. NE would have to win 4 more SB's to come close. I hate the Dolphins and despise their fanbase)

I had 4 season seats back in the early 80's and added 2 more in '84 so I had 6 season seats for the '98 lottery. For some reason, I think I was getting four seats in '83 (was it '82? Damn, I forgot) but just two in '98. Maybe since it was in the Rose Bowl in '83 and there were 104K seats. Anyway, both times my dreams were dashed. I was even in attendance in Denver. Once that crowd at Mile High Stadium saw that Atlanta beat Minnesota, everyone knew the winner of that game was going to be SB champs. It was as hard-hitting a football game as I have ever seen. And Victor Green, oh Victor Green...

Now that I am heading upstairs with non-PSL seats next year, and thanks to our cocksucker ownership, I will forever be omitted from the lottery for Jets SB tickets. I thought about that, and decided that since the SB tix are now SO OUTRAGEOUSLY PRICED that I wouldn't want them anyway. To witness a Jets SB loss in person after coughing up THOUSANDS is a scenario too much to bear at my age. If they make a SB - and they are due, I will spend lavishly for a BIG party - right here in Jersey.

If they lose it, the new TV I'll buy with the SB ticket money I'll save, will be my consolation prize.

16. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

I won in '83 also - man was I psyched - still have the notification. I had a chance to meet Shula at a leadrship conference where he was a speaker with Ken Blanchard several years ago. I shook has hand, introduced my self, and didnt let go as I told him I was a die-hard Jets fan and asked why??? I think he got nervous because by hand naturally tightened with the memory and he had no answer other than "nice to meet you, good luck to you and the Jets this year". Of course, we have the Super Bowl over him so I couldn't resist mentioning that as I said goodbye:)

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I also won the lotto for the last 2 times the NYJs had a shot of going to the SB. I was also very pumped as the notification that I was a winner arrived prior to the mud bowl so I sat home waving my post card the NYJs had sent me telling me I was a tix winner but alas all for naught. The 2nd time it was a letter & I lived about 50 miles from Pro Player Stadium as it was known at that time so I doubly pump but alas again my hope & dreams were shattered

#3077 championjets69, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  18. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

Gordon, the Jets have done the lottery the same way the yankees did that drawing for this years postseason. They put your account in hopper for seats and years, giving longtime season ticket holders a better chance. I have won the lottery both times they started doing it.. And no matter how many seats you have you are only allowed 2. Back in 80;s you were allowed to purchase as many seats as you had,,

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm new here but I followed this thread for a while. While I shouldn't rip on the veterans I have to.

Any thoughts that the Jets are up to 2000 seniority and still aren't filled upstairs? You were the arrogant (fill in word) who had to make all kinds of comments that no one after 1983 would get upstairs. I hope your "renters" bail on you and you have eat a couple thousand.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

good thing i just popped a bag of popcorn...