Does anyone else fear a letdown on Sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Sep 24, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Good point. I do think he's enough of a veteran to learn the defensive installation w/out taking part in practice.

To get back to my original statement, I'm rewatching now and he says.

"We're thiking Lito, I'm thinking Lito, hoping Lito will play, we'll see."

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

On the bright side, I can't see Kerry Collins withstanding the same pressure the Jets brought on Brady. He's a concrete statue - and worse of a statue than Brady with a diminished knee and scared of taking a hit because of it. Fat slob Jenkins wants a cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger. Feed the man.

Again, I just want to see people get beat up. Throw in some gladiators, feeding Christians to the lions, Vlad the Impaler, fukk it, I don't care.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Tennessee is a good team. I don't fear a letdown.

4. cambam71

cambam71 Member

I completely agree with the above - if we don't win it's not a "letdown" it's just losing to a good, hungry and desperate Tennessee team.

5. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

We SHOULD win this game but I've been having a feeling all week we come out flat for some reason. It'll be a close game even though we should handle them easily.

6. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I have faith in this coach and this team to not have a let down. This teams approach is all out pedal to the metal and letdowns don't come easy when you bring it as hard as they do.

7. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I've always felt that if you get pressure in Kerry Collins, he will make a mistake, either a pick of fumble. He has been a fumbler for much of his career. As he has gotten older, he tends to throw the ball away then take a big loss or sack. He definitely is not mobile.

Mawae has a tough time with Jenkins in the middle so I guess Jenkins will get doubled and tripled given the formation. I have faith in the defense.

Now we bullied the Titans last year so Shotty knows what was working. Hope he employs a few passes early to open up for the running game. I like this matchup and feel we should do well. Sanchez, since he is a rookie, is and will be the X factor.

No fear, Rex won't let em go there. Also, failing last season is still a vivid memory for the players and they don't want any of that.

8. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

I don't think our defense will give up many points...we are too talented, young, and fast. Revis is a sure bet as it gets...i'm more than ready for any team with this defense!

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

letdowns are a product of our pussy coaching from the past. until i see this team come out totally flat i will have faith that rex will have the guys ready to play

10. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Any other year I'd be thinking letdown, but this season I have a lot more confidence in the way the Jets are playing (and being coached) than ever. The defense is just looking vicious. With the home crowd going insane I think the team will be energized and ready to throw down.

As someone else eluded to, if we play as aggressively against Tenn as we did against the Pats, Collins should be on the turf a whole lot.

I'm thinking good things to come...

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If this were a road game, I'd be worried about a letdown. I don't think VonRyan will let these guys coast on Sunday especially after being the toast of the tristate all week long.

Can you imagine the fallout if the Jets get smoked on Sunday? That alone is enough incentive for VonRyan's Express to keep on rolling..

12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

No. I expect a shut down like last year. I am predicting a closer score though.

21-10.

13. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Normally this would be a let down game given the history of the jets, but IMO i feel like this is a new jets atmosphere and if we win this game I will officially be convinced that these are not the same old jets

14. Mr777

Mr777 New Member

No let down either 31 -14

15. FEO

FEO Member

itll be a tough game cuz last year we beat NE and the TITANS who were on fire but after that we just fell off the map and lost games we shouldve won hopefully that wont happen this year....

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's what injuries do.

17. Royce Parker

Along with horrible coaching.

18. Royce Parker

And a QB with a torn bicep tendon.

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

LITO has been great!

But as JETS fans are, they saw some crappy penalties in preseason and immediatly labled him as crap and threw him in the dog house where he never deserved to be.

He has made some great plays the 1st 2 weeks and I think he has shown to be a solid #2 CB especially on bump & run.

What other team has 2 CB's that can be physical @ the LOS and still cover 1 on 1?

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

i wouldnt even consider it a let down really, but i think we very well could win this.