Does anyone else fear a letdown on Sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Sep 24, 2009.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just don't see it. They might not score on us even. Collins might get killed. I think using Vince Young is the best thing they can do really. Leon should be able to run freely on their D. Jets win.

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

i was going to say collins was going to get killed lol

3. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!!

We're not going 16 - 0 so I am wiilling to think we may lose sometime. Just not this week.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Of course we fear. Cause we care but at home coming off a huge win and the way rex runs things i can see us winning. Just gotta execute the game plan and stop Chris Johnson and well be fine.

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

^ i would agree with you

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

no i dont sense a letdown. But TEN is fully capable of beating us.

Kerry Collins will be under fire all day and I could see us forcing turnovers. the key is containing Chris Johnson. plain and simple.

i dont see Gage and Britt lighting up our DB's, especially with Collins probably having little to no time to throw.

after that itll be up to Sanchez to not turn the ball over. and for the playcalling to not telegraph our runs.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

True, a game where the Jets typically are, well, the Jets; but much like my feelings last week, just murder the quarterback no matter the outcome. I really wanted to see Brady with a bloody mouth, but how can I complain? I can't and I'm not, of course.

The thing that gets me is some analysts - and fans - are already worrying about the Saints! Forget that nonsense. Sunday is Sunday; and if the Jets are 3-1 after NO or even 2-2, am I really going to cry? I was thinking 1-3 in my heart of hearts. All I want this year is for the Jets to show me something. And they are. Orale!

#27 jetophile, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah the thing nobody is talking about is Brees has had ALL DAY to throw this year. i bet that changes when we roll into NO.

also I have absolutely 0 respect for the Saints defense. that should be the game where Sanchez showcases his throwing ability. then again the Saints are so weak at the point of attack we might just ram it down there throats just to keep Brees off the field.

its by no means a gimme, but I agree with you.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I am beginning to wonder how the cornerback assignments are going to go for this game.

Gage is a pretty clutch guy but he's slow. Britt is inexperienced, but he's got speed. You put Revis on Gage, then that leaves Lowery getting burned deep which makes you keep a safety deep on that side. You put Revis on Britt, it means that Lowery will probably give up more than a few first downs to Gage.

Our CB matchups are a little more difficult with Sheppard out for this game. I think we're also going to miss Strickland a lot - Coleman will make depth receivers look like Pro Bowl players.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

fuck.....both Lito AND Strickland are out?

i couldve sworn Revis said he heard from Rex theyll both be good to go come sunday?

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I meant to say 3-1 or 2-2, but apparently you got me. It still kinda works either way, but I fixed it. :)

12. abyzmul

I don't think either one of them practiced today. We'll see just how good Rex is on Sunday.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rex seemed pretty confident Lito would play Sunday in his press conference today. He was much less upbeat about Strickland.

14. abyzmul

I must have misheard then, I thought he said that Sheppard didn't practice. That would make me rest easy, because it takes one of their half-assed speed receivers relatively out of the game.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He did say that but I though he was sounding optimistic about him playing. I'll have to rewatch now that I'm not at work.

16. abyzmul

If he didn't practice on Thursday, I would think that the most action he would get on Sunday would be limited. They're installing the defense for the Titans, even if Lito ends up being healthy on Sunday, he needs to know his assignments.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You got it, but with Kerry Collins passing, it's the least of our worries. And besides, their injuries will only be temporary.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

only same old Jet fans who own metaphorical vaginas think the worst is coming.

if they devise a scheme that beat this defense, than the Titans are for real. But they have one guy on offense. Stop him, win the game.

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It will be a tough game no matter the outcome. The Titans were within earshot of winning both of their games so far. They're a good team but I think the Jets will win a tough, snotknocking affair. The keys will be Sanchez picking apart their D and keeping Jonson in check. I think running on them could be tough.

20. abyzmul

For real, Chris Johnson is not a one man army and he is also not Barry Sanders. Barry could put an offense on his back against an elite defense. CJ had a career day against the Texans - fine. He also did it in a losing effort.

I think that if Lito is actually in the game (probably not but if) then we can shut that air game down and concentrate on pasting CJ's pretty blue jersey all over the Titans' 35 yard line for 3 hours.

The only one player in this league that can truly take the game over against a strong defense is Adrian Peterson. Chris Johnson is no AP.