Yanks at Seattle: 9/18 - 9/20

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Chamberlain...my hero.

2. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

He's been pitching like a real douchebag.

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Chamberlain is killing us, hate to say it but 3 games in Anaheim and 3 against the Sux with only a 4 game lead in the loss column...

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I disagree. Texas would've stayed in it right until the end had they not collapsed.

It's no longer a race because of Texas playing like garbage over the past week moreso than because of Boston playing well.

5. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

So they would've been in better position if they won games instead of lost games? Huh.

:smile:

Easy, there. Look at it this way... the Yanks would need to get swept by LA and Boston to wind up trailing.

#25 Cappy, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Pretty much...

I knew it would look odd when I wrote it, but it's all on Texas. They had three at home against Oakland and three at home against the Angels. They should win 4, but 3 is the bare minimum. Instead, they somehow get swept twice.

If they played last week at a decent level, the wild card race goes down to the final week. As it is, Boston has it locked up and can rest guys.

7. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Oh, and that was IF the Sox were able to take at least three of four from the Royals before the Yankee series. They lost the first one tonight.

There aren't that many games left.

Of course, the larger point here is that all that matters is getting to the postseason. Home field and division titles and what not are nice... but all you need to do is get into the postseason. After that, anything can happen.