The crowd

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by good_ol_gil, Sep 20, 2009.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm willing to take donations! :)

<<My new avatar from last night after the victory!

2. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

My throat is still sore, back is sore, chest is sore, major headache but still not as bad as Bradys feeling it today

3. dainfamusgc

dainfamusgc Active Member

i'll be at that one too. in sec 317 had one guy with a randy moss jersey anytime he got up they chanted "A$$hole" and i gotta say for w/e reason it caught on and atleast the next 2-3 sections on each side was saying it. good times yesterday

4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

dainfamusgc said:

"i'll be at that one too. in sec 317 had one guy with a randy moss jersey anytime he got up they chanted "A$$hole" and i gotta say for w/e reason it caught on and atleast the next 2-3 sections on each side was saying it. good times yesterday"
    --

I was in 301. We had the lock down on all Pats fans within yelling distance. Most of them sat there silent.

#144 rockyusmc2003, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  5. jetmike

jetmike New Member

I am a season tix holder 44 years and the only regular season game that had this intensity was the Jets-Dolphin game 1981 at Shea that we won on the last play 16-15 when Todd throw a TD pass to win the game. But this game yesterday was unique for the intensity from beginning to end. It was not stop and on every down. I will never forget yesterday. I pity the Pats fans sitting in 228 who were afraid to wear Patriot gear and thought they went unnoticed. They quietly left before Brady's last attempted drive. Go jets!! Jetmike 228/334p.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Wow, 44 years. There was a couple of Pats fans on the concourse at half time and some drunk Jets fan went BOOOOOOOOOOOO at the top of his lungs in her face and then in his face before ripping his cap off his head and flicking it away. They just took it and kept walking...

#146 GordonGecko, Sep 21, 2009
  7. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

^Not cool. Yell and say what you like, but keep hands off. That's where real trouble starts.

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I agree, there has to be a line. On the walk out people were talking shit to a little kid with a Brady jersey, I thought that was wrong too. I'm not a fan of telling people to watch what they say because of kids being there, but they shouldn't say shit right at kids, either, there's a difference.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah I mentioned earlier during the Brady Sucks chants there was a very young kid wearing a Brady Jersey in tears. I think mainly because the guy behind him was hunched over and in his ear.

Even some Jet fans told the guy to calm down.

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Speaking of the fans, did anyone happen to catch the hearse in the parking lot? Someone decked out a hearse with a casket in the back and some guy dressed as Tom Brady sitting in it. It was pretty creepy but hilarious :)

11. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I agree there is a fine line. I don't condone abusing opponents fans , unless they ask for it. When I go to an opposing stadium , I don't taunt the fans. So many times though I see and hear Pats/Phins/Bills/Steelers fans taunting the Jet crowd at the Meadowlands. You do that your asking for trouble.

We had three young ( 18-25) girl Pats fans behind us yesterday. They would scream whenever the Pats did something , it was that blood curtling scream that would just cut right through you. A number of times they were telling us to sit down which we absolutely ignored. I had to bite my lip a few times to keep from verbally ripping into them.

As far as people expecting no one to curse because kids are there . Forget about it, you bring a kid to a game you have to expect that. I'll ask those same people, do you also show respect to your fellow fans. Ie do you let you kids throw paper planes all day - do you contsantly get up in the middle of plays - it goes both ways . I swear some people are just clueless.

12. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

They've been doing that for quite awhile . Not sure if they're there every game , but I've certainly seen it many times before.

13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Yeah? Do you know if they park in the same area each game? We usually never park where we parked on Sunday because the traffic was just so bad getting in. We didn't notice it until we left but it was the funniest thing I've seen yet. Of course, there was also a car that caught on fire in the same general area so the more I go the more I see some strange shit in the parking lots...lol.

14. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Usually, see them in the same area , behind the racetrack grandstand. They are usually around the crew that puts up the big inflatable gorilla. Again, not sure if they are there for all games , but have seen them at others.

15. L Washington29

L Washington29 New Member

cant wait for next week

16. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

you guys think its gonna be the same atmosphere next week? i know it cant compare to NE in the home opener's added charge, but do you think that everyone is still gonna try or is it just gonna revert back to the usual?

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I've had tickets for 30 years and I agree with you. That was by far the loudest I have ever heard a Jets crowd and it lasted the entire game. It was louder and more intense than the Packer game in 2002 and the Colts (02) and Jaguar (98) playoff game. Hearing the crowd yelling on the way out made me think of that 81 game against the Fish when the same thing happened after the game - the extreme jubilation after a big win against a hated rival. I agree with Italian Seafood - the reason for the excitement and the noise was the years of pent up hatred of the Pats and the frustration of last 8 years. It all came to a head yesterday. The guy behind me was so happy, he was crying. It was great!!!

The players themselves confirmed how loud it was. Ellis said the ground was shaking. Sanchez said no offense to the great USC fans, but he has never heard anything like that before from a crowd. And a game ball from Ryan! When do I get my ball???

Alley Cat doesn't get it. What is he complaining about? The fans were a huge factor in that game. Brady couldn't hear and the Pats couldn't hear him. And what is wrong with the J E T S cheers before and after the game. That is the Jets signature cheer - its only permitted in the stadiuim during the game????

I do have two small criticisms, however. I agree that the Brady Sucks chant was stupid, mainly because he doesn't suck. I despise him, but can't we be more creative and realistic than that? (And no grown man should yell at a kid)

I also think the crowd needs to be in the stadium for the pre-game introductions. While the stands were filled more than usual for the player introductions (1/2 full), what is so hard about getting your asses in the seats by 1 or 4 or 4:15 pm????????

Overall, the best crowd in my 30 years and 200+ Jet games!!!!!!

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

<3333333
    Yeah, the J-E-T-S chant at kickoff was really effective... :rolleyes:
    Hah, I woke up at 5 AM to drive back up to school. I listened to sports radio for most of the way up and I couldn't get the goofy-ass smile off my face. My body hates me for what I've done to it in the last day.

Yesterday was my girlfriend's first Jets game. Perhaps I should invest in getting her to the rest of them.
    I don't see the problem with the Brady Sucks chant. Sure he doesn't suck (though he did yesterday) but there's nothing wrong with getting in his head. I'd like the environment of the stadium to be as hostile as reasonably possible for the opposing team and to a lesser extent, their fans. I do agree that kids are off limits though.

I thought we were more than half full for player intros but we could have done better.

#158 BadgerOnLSD, Sep 21, 2009
  19. KSJets

KSJets New Member

My friend and I got to the stadium a little before noon. We weren't able to actually pull into a parking space until close to 1:30. I don't know what they were thinking, but they had some of the traffic merging from three lanes all the way down to one lane. I really think they find the dumbest people alive to try to route the traffic there.

20. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

If the "Brady Sucks" chant shows up on the web as a .wav file, it would make a great ringtone.