The crowd

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by good_ol_gil, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Jbuc15

Jbuc15 New Member

I'll tell you what, I've never seen less Patsy fans in the stadium. I didn't go back and read all 6 pgs of comments but it's usually 70-30 and yesterday I would say it was 90-10 or 95-5 GANG GREEN.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

True. Maybe because real Jet fans can go on the website and buy tickets for the first time in a generation instead of people who signed up years ago and let them go to waste to wherever. Of course that's just for this year. I can't imagine the crowd will be nearly as loud next year when we move to the country club and half of the "fans" are at the restaurant or the spa.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There was a guy a few rows ahead if us wearing a bruschi jersey.

Every time the guy stood up about 100 people would yell, sit down bald spot.

It was too fucking funny. Whenever the guy would walk up the isle, he'd hear- bald spot on the move.

I was practically in tears.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

For the first time, the crowd gave me a sense of pride (hearing them on TV).

Whenever I watch the games with louder crowds, I think "Man, I wish the Jets crowd was like this" because it actually makes me want to watch the game (even if I'm not a fan of either team) -- the intensity alone is enough to attract me. Well, I finally felt that today.

Good job to all of you who attended and screamed yer heads off. Let's not make this an exception though; make it the bar for the next 7 home games so that teams don't wanna play at the meadowlands.

PS How come I saw no SPIVEY signs? :rofl:

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

F-Word

Hey Yell all you want but there are lots of kids up front. Don't be suprised if someone texts your seat to security to have you tossed. If I am paying a few hundred to take my kids to a game I don't want to be hearing F-bombs being yelled at the top of your lungs.

Re "I was at the game sitting in section 109 row 1. At first my section was dead sitting on their asses! I got up & screamed what are we at a f___in opera. LETS GO!!

6. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I loved the pats fan with Army fatigues getting thrown out :lol:

7. The Uniform Bomber

Earmuffs.

Cock. Balls.

Alright, Frank, you don't have to celebrate it.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Spiveymania is so offseason.

9. ........

........ Trolls

What is that word?

10. The Uniform Bomber

11. Italian Seafood

Not trying to pick a fight, but it's going to happen. It's hard to ask 80,000 rabid fans to behave because of your kids. It's easier to alert your kids that they are going to hear some bad language and learn what a drunk asshole looks like up close, like a 101 course in "don't be that guy".

12. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Like the rest of you guys, my voice is shot today. It hurts even to eat and drink. But it was totally worth it. Like the other guys have said, I've been going to just about every game for 29 years, and this was the loudest regular season game I can ever remember. The only thing close was that Packer game in 02, but I think this was louder. Whats better, is that the overall atmosphere was great and we really had positive charge energy going. Nobody got down, even when we turned the ball over on the 17.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

If it counts, I did wear my "I Banged Ashley Spivey" tee-shirt before the game. I was roaming around Lot 6. But when it times to go in, I put on my Sanchez authentic.

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

They're still for sale? Link?

15. Italian Seafood

There was just so much pent up hatred and hostility for the Patriots, it was easy to yell the whole time, especially when we got ahead and were trying to hang on and rally the D. You factor in Belichick leaving us for them way back, all the consecutive years they've beaten us in our stadium and our opener, Brady and all the glory he's gotten after our guy KOd Bledsoe, you know the list, I could go on for paragraphs. Add in a phone call from Rex, an exciting new QB, the Week 1 win, it was the perfect storm of loud.

16. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Thank you! Especially since I won't have a voice for the rest of the week. Jets 9-0 when I go! :)

17. Italian Seafood

Damn, that's not easy to do. Someone send this man a limo and get him to the games!

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Keep going. Somebody get this guy season tickets.

19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

This includes the Colts playoff massacre, and the San Diego playoff win!

I think my next game will be against the Bills in October!

20. Italian Seafood

I like how we both had the same idea and both put the onus on "somebody". We can't help him but someone surely can. :grin: