Mangini VS RYAN

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ToddisGod, Sep 21, 2009.

1. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

the major difference between last year and this year is belief in the Coach which is a result in the Coach believing in his players
    I felt Mangini began to lose players in Denver last year and totally lost them in San Fran. I remember the opening of the San Fran game and saying "oh my god" this is the collapse of our season and then end of mangina.
    Playing against San Fran- coin toss San Fran wins and defers to us, slap in the face. They then onside kick to ass and try to slap us in face again.
    Mangini's response 5yd run 4 1/2 yd run, incomplete and then a fucking Punt from there 38 into the end zone.
    Mike Singletary basically takes shot at our manhood twice and we respond by punting on 4th and 1/2 yd from the opponents 39yd line with the leading rusher in the league. A chance to pump up the O by showing faith in them, chance to pump up D by going and saying I dont care if we don't get it. C- pump up kicker by attempting 50 yder, no we opt for D punt into the endzone.
    Ball Game over , season Over, Mangina Era over.

Ryan support of his players and belief in his players is enormous and he woudl never ever allow a team like san fran to basically kick us in the balls twice and have us just lay down.
    Here is to a new era of Jet Foot Ball. For better or worse it will be exciting and fun to see a coach who plays to wins and believes in his team.

2. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

Very well spoken. The way Ryan is handling this team just shows how bad Mangini was.

3. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I believe anybody is comparing these two. It's like explaining the differences between a slap on the wrist and a bullet to the face.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Mangini runs a culture of fear and it shows up in his players. Thedefense gives up the short gain and plays safe, bend but don't break. The offense is conservitive. Try not to turn the ball over. Its more about not losing the game than winning it.

Rex brings a culture of agressivness, swagger, and fun. We take chances. We blitz. We don'ty play the fricken prevent and only rush 3. Its not hard to see why when the plays are not afraid to play they have more fun and are more productive.

5. benjetin

benjetin New Member

Rayan is the right man at the right time with the right team

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the difference... mangini is gone, thank god
    ryan is here and he has breathed new life into a franchise that hasnt had a decent coach since bill parcells.

7. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

The positive spin to last year is that mess forced Woody to go out and get a new coach. That makes the suffering at the end of the season worth it, kinda.When you look at our whole team, we have most of our coaches and players still here, but this team is 180 from where it was last year...I just can not believe the difference... so sorry to the Browns fans. :)....Oh, thanks Eric for our Qb!!

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Mangini would make a very good positional coach. He coaches the fundamentals pretty solid, he just lacks the correct philosophy. Never a lot of penalties. I could be wrong, but I think he has the work ethic and attitude to be successful with smaller roles. He wasn't all that impressive as a DC, so smaller than that as well.

I think what I just said, in too many words, is Mangini sucks.

9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Mangini is not a football coach period... Once he completes his failure in Cleveland (should not take more than a year), he will be out of the NFL for good.

10. afternoondelight

mangini def sucks as a head coach. he doesnt make any adjustments....and sticks to his game plan no matter how much its not working.

11. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Trying to draw any comparison between Manretard and Rex is like comparing a fucking ball boy to an NFL football coach.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..people just starting to see what I knew all along, just how bad Mangini was..here's another insight, I will be surprised if he lasts out the year in Cleveland.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Ryan is much fatter and jollier than Mangini.

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Need to get Ryan on a diet in the offseason or he's gonna have a massive stroke one day and turn into a vegetable. If god forbid that happens, he'll only be marginally better than mangini

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Ryan>Mangini>Herm, so it looks like we're at least headed in the right direction as far as head coaches go.

17. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Major difference?

Mangini does not believe in team identity. He believes that every week, he can draw up a different, opponent-specific gameplan. Sometimes we'd come out with a spread attack on offense, sometimes we'd play power football, sometimes we'd blitz heavy, sometimes we'd play prevent, and everything will work, because he's a mangenius and he's smarter than the other coach.

Rex Ryan believes in team identity. "We're gonna play Jets football" is not a generic coaching slogan, it's a mission statement. You've gotta change your identity to beat us, not vice versa.

ADDED: Another major difference? Eric believed that if you drew up a blitz and got to the quarterback, and the play went for a first down, that play was a failure. Rex recognizes that even though that QB got the first down, the knockdown hurt, and he'll remember it for the rest of the game. That's why Ryan Fitzpatrick and Seneca Wallace looked like superstars last year. No quarterback in the league, not even the third stringers, are afraid of fancy cover packages and confusing zones. They're afraid of blitzes, they're afraid of getting rocked. That's why Tom Terrific looked all too human yesterday.

#17 JCotchrocket, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  18. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I saw some quotes from Mangini blaming the blitzing D (and Rob Ryan) for the loss. I'm sure Mangini has his positives, but his fear-based coaching decisions undo any good he might have done.

19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

The highlighted portion is what thrills me the most. It's like seeing light after being stuck in a dark tunnel for 3 years. It's so beautiful!

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I would go Herm > Mangini now that the "genius" era is over...

Mangini was definitely a better X's and O's coach than Herm... but Herm's style was a lot more hands off than Mangini, who was the polar opposite as a micro-manager. Herm could've succeeded if paired with an excellent coaching staff... with Mangini what you see is what you get... or, he is what we thought he was. Herm's teams also played with a ton of heart, where as Mangini's teams are flat and uninspired... as we're learning this year, that counts for a LOT.