Moss Disses Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DHarris52, Sep 21, 2009.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Said Revis of defending Moss (via ESPN), "If he went to the bathroom, I went with him. Even our sideline, when our offense was on (the field) I was sitting right across from him, wherever he was sitting on the bench."

That's fuckin hilarious

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Yeah...I get that part Don..but when posters throw out Champ Bailey..or other past players that were the real shut down corners..what exactly was the difference? Has the role of a safety changed over the past 30 years? I need to look up the word safety in the dictionary...but going on the blind...I think it means caution..and in football it means "just in case".

Unless someone can prove to me that Revis and another Jet DB were covering him...he was a shutdown corner...ESPECIALLY since the Jets were sending their safety on blitzes for almost the entire game.

Considering how many times they blitzed their safety, I would have to say that he was one of the true shutdown corners of all time yesterday.

3. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Lets see 2 games and the Wrs have 8 catches for 59 yards against him, I would say that is a shut down corner.

4. joesanerd

joesanerd New Member

It's ridiculous, cause defenses have changed from when Deion played... Shut down or not, Revis has shown he's been the best 'cover' corner so far... Call it whatever you want, he deserves the recognition for being the best at what he does. Granted its been 2 weeks in, but at the same time look at who he's worked on...

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Loved Revis' comments after the game.
    "i just covered him. When he went to the bathroom i went too. When he sat on the bench i sat across from him".
    That was BRILLIANT!

So glad i got my green REVIS jerset from 101. AWESOME!

6. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Funny, I thought that talk was cheap and that the Pats did their talking on the field.

Let Moss say what he wants about Revis. The stat sheet and the game tape speak for themselves.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

1. Nnamdi Asomugha
    2. Darrelle Revis
    3. The field.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Pats did do their talking on the field. They just didn't have very much to say.

9. islanderbill

islanderbill New Member

:rofl: you said it....Brady could only work from a cushy office put pressure on him, make him run....he's not doing as good

Revis has moss all game so Moss could just STFU :smile:

:gpc:

10. Kenny

Kenny New Member

again please tell me how ur considered the best when u play on one side of the field?? how is that challenging yourself?? Its easy to avoid Nmandi since you can move you star reciever around if you want.. Add to the fact in the past the raiders been down by so many points teams ran the ball down there throats.

Im sorry but where is the value of Nmandi when a star reciever of the other team can put up big numbers on oakland

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i was wrong before. on the revis int they did have rhodes playing centerfield. having rhodes flying over probably allowed revis to make such an aggressive play on the ball. great defensive scheme to be able to get that many guys in brady's face and still have help on moss.

12. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Fuck Randy Moss

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

if moss talks about rolling help, deep help, etc being the reason he was shut down it would happen every week. The Bills didn't help on Moss when he had 12 catches? No one helped in 2007 when he had like 20 + TDs? Well yesterday he had 4 for 24 and got his ass shut down by DR!! Help or no help he was a non-factor. Welker being out was big but his replacement was 8 for 98 so I don't see a major drop off from that slot role.

14. steelerblackandgold

steelerblackandgold New Member

Moss better be careful what he says. Revis may only allow him to catch 2 balls next game instead of 4.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You might have something there, but I wouldn't go as far as to say "easily taken out" because, after all, this is Randy Moss we're talking about.

But The Little Weasel is definitely a defensive magnet that has to be watched like a hawk. The two in combination are like trying to keep track of Duper and Clayton with Marino at the helm... damn near impossible.

So yeah, take Weasely Welker out of the equation and it's not the same for Randy, who is obviously disappointed with his performance today. The pick was a total surprise and clearly shows Revis' talents against a much bigger receiver.

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Moss got raped. Take your L and shut the fuck up!

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I love how everyone is flippant about Welker being out when we had to deal with Pace being out.

It doesn't matter that Mayo was out, the Pats defense played very well.

18. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

The whole Patriot team is nothing but a bunch of sore-losers what did you expect??

19. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Maybe Moss should reach out to Andre Johnson and ask him what it was like....what it was like to get OWNED by Revis Christ.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is probably one of those let me take the one comment out of context and make a big deal out of it. shame is that obviously many on here have taken it that way just because they dont like moss or the patriots. i would hope that people would watch the interview in question or listen to the other side and make their own decision rather than reading the original post and just assuming moss is a dick.