2010 Draft, one at a time

Discussion in 'Draft' started by rhodesfan16, Jul 22, 2009.

1. dirtysanchez7

dirtysanchez7 New Member

Richard Dickson is a veteran who goes into senior season with a shot at breaking every receiving record in school history for a tight end ... In 39 games, he?s caught 69 passes for 795 yards and 10 TDs ... The 10 TD receptions tie with Brad Boyd for the most in school history, while his 69 receptions is the fourth-highest total and the 795 yards is the fifth most at the school ... Is the all-around package at tight end ? has great hands, good speed and is an exceptional blocker ... A team leader for the Tigers, both on and off the field ... Excels in the classroom as well, earning SEC Academic Honor Roll honors in 2008

2. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Dickson is like the most underrated player on LSU, I dont understand why Gary Crowton who is a great offensive mind never seems to get Dickson the ball enough. But Dickson is kind of small for a TE

3. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I want Sean Weatherspoon. I know we need help at WR and DE, but I think Weatherspoon is going to be a star in the NFL. I think we'll be picking in the 18-25 range, so Benn and Bryant will be gone. Weatherspoon will be a perennial Pro-Bowler in the NFL.

Give me Weatherspoon, Mardy Gilyard in the 2nd, and a DE/DT in the 3rd. Damian Williams would also be a great pick IMO, he could be Greg Jennings.

4. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Duke DT Vince Oghobaase

[​IMG]

I feel like someone else has already posted on him but Im not sure he plays a 4-3 DT, which means he would be an end in the 3-4. Quick and athletic off of the ball, changes directions quite well. Pursuit looks good and tackles well

5. dirtysanchez7

dirtysanchez7 New Member

[/quote]I feel like someone else has already posted on him but Im not sure he plays a 4-3 DT, which means he would be an end in the 3-4. Quick and athletic off of the ball, changes directions quite well. Pursuit looks good and tackles well[/QUOTE]

In most mocks ive seen we get him in the 2nd round so i think it would be a great pick there but not in the 1st round

6. dirtysanchez7

dirtysanchez7 New Member

i think that he will be a real good players late 1st rounder. Maybe we can get him if we trade back and get more picks and pick Weatherspoon then trade back into the first and pick up maybe damien williams or lafell if they fall to later 1st early 2nd

7. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I like this. Maybe our first and 2nd for a later first and an earlier 2nd.

Weathspoon and Williams is probably too good to be true, but it'd be an amazing haul.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't know if Weatherspoon is a worth a first round pick...especially not for a 3-4 team.

Sure, he flies all over the field and makes a lot of plays, but he's not the biggest guy in the world and he certainly doesn't fit into our defense. He'd have to play inside and those spots are locked down by Scott and Harris. Using a first rounder on a inside linebacker doesn't make much sense for this team.

If the Jets end up making the playoffs, I'd like to see if anyone falls into their lap...and if not, they should try to move out of the first and acquire a 2011 first rounder in the process - 2011 will be the year to draft a receiver: AJ Green and Julio Jones will more than likely be available and this team will need a ton of ammo to move up and land either of the two.

It'd be hard to pass on a guys like NT Terrence Cody (Alabama) or DE Derrick Morgan (Georgia Tech) - I know the defensive line we have now played well against the Texans, but the front office needs to add some depth. Kris Jenkins, Marques Douglas and Shaun Ellis can't play forever - I'd like to see a 3-4 defensive lineman selected in the first few rounds...

I also wouldn't be upset if a right tackle was selected to groom behind Damien Woody. Russell Okung (Oklahoma State) is rated extremely high on a lot of people's boards right now - I think he'll slide to the late first because he's a not a left tackle. Guys like Trent Williams (Oklahoma), Bryan Bulaga (Iowa), and Ciron Black (LSU) could go before Russ Okung. I'm pretty high on Anthony Davis (Rutgers). In my opinion, he's the most versatile lineman in the country, so he'd be a hell of a pick mid-to-late first.

#48 Mr Electric, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Ogho plays mostly inside in Duke's defense. Duke plays a 4-3 and likes to use quick, smaller DE's in their defense. IMO, Vince is a perfect 3-4 end in the Jet's system, he's big and very athletic and doesn't have the body of a typical Dlineman. He has like zero body fat on his 6'6" frame, but is still a strong player. Ty Warren is a good comparison who played mostly inside (his greatest success} and some outside at A&M.

Oghobasse and Wooten are 2 of the possible 3-4 end targets in late rd 1 or early rd 2. But, as I've said before..." 3-4 DE's don't grow on trees and are usually drafted earlier than projected".....just ask Tyson Jackson. 2010 looks very good for 3-4 Dline help.......we need to pick a couple of players. I have no issue drafting a 3-4 DE and a NT in the 1st 3 rounds....another 2nd rd pick would be awesome.

#49 WW85, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  10. dirtysanchez7

dirtysanchez7 New Member

As seeing our WR look solid and and the not the biggest need everyone has been making it look to be. A 3/4 DE prospect in 1st round would be Arthur Jones of Syracuse.

11. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

today out of the blue I kind of snapped with Woody, I know he is good in the run but he takes so many penalties and is pretty bad in pass protection, any good Tackle prospects in the first round. I know its early but why not take a prospect in the first round. I dont know if it is this 2010 off-season or after the 2010 season we actually begin to save money if Woody gets cut. From this year I was thinking of a Charles Brown from USC (I think that is his name but Im not sure) or Ciron Black from LSU would be first round options I know it is early but I mean I think we could put our o line on a crazy high level with a great RT, which is probably our weakest spot on the line

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Look up a few posts - I talked about the same problem and I gave a couple of options at tackle and a few other positions of need.

13. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I still would like to see another wr chosen stuckey is soild but we still need to give Sanchez more options wrs like Mike Williams and Decker come to mind but definitely d-line is a need NT and DE hopefully within our first 3 picks
    Seeing jenkins on the ground hurt makes me sick

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

What about Mark Dell if we don't go WR in rd 1? Seems like a good player although playing last year with a capable QB helped...

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Dell is a Junior and should stay for another year. Dell is good , but IMO, nothing special and will probably be a Stuckey clone (inside receiver, slot).

I know Cotch, Stuck and Keller are playing well, I'd still like to get another big playmaker for our QB. If our season continues in a positive direction, even D. Williams will be out of reach in rd 1. We may pick-up a WR in FA in 2010 and devote our RD 1 & RD 2 picks to DE/DT.

2011 will be loaded with quality WRs in Rd 1.

#55 WW85, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

With Williams, Bryant, LaFell and Benn supposedly coming out in next year draft I think we'll definetly have a shot at one of them in rd1. As to who, it all depends on how the season evolves and from stuff like the combine etc.
    RIght now I hope we get Williams but we'll see...

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm with ya 100%!! Williams is my #1 target for the Jets. Benn and Bryant are going to be out of reach. Let's see how M.B. at USC does this year, so far so good,.......it will have alot to do with William's draft status. Aaron Corp would be a diaster for William's career.

IMO, Robiskie was a lock to be a late RD 1 pick at this exact time last year and Pryor's learning curve throwing the ball hurt Robo some. It could be a similar situation with Barkley....but I doubt it...Barkley has a better Pro-Style passing game, even being a true freshman, than Pryor right now. Also, Williiam's is a much better athlete than Robo. I was just trying to bring up a possible scenario that could hurt William's stock.

#57 WW85, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  18. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

[​IMG]

Eric Decker, 6' 3" 220lbs, WR, Minnesota

Big, fast, sure handed, with the kind of knack for getting open that you just can't teach.