Brett Favre Blames the Jets!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Sep 10, 2009.

1. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

I will be so happy when this dude is finally actually DONE with football. Go away Brett. Please.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

It was the organization's call.

3. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

OK, I give up.......what did I misread ?

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Honestly, I don't know how much of it was a complete lack of confidence in Clemens. Imagine you're Mangini. You're right in the thick of the playoff hunt, you've beaten the undefeated Titans and your current primary rivals the Patriots. You've got a first-ballot Hall of Famer for a QB, but he's hurt. You've also got a guy whose only starts were largely unsuccessful.

You take out the HoFer, and put in the other guy. You lose. You miss the playoffs.

You're fired. End of story.

So you keep in the guy you rested the fate of your season on and he fails. You did what you could.

The only thing about the entire situation is that we should have run the ball more. The only question is whose call it was to pass so often. It probably wasn't Favre. I don't think think it was Schotty. That only leaves Mangini.

5. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

So you think that Brett Favre just sat there, passively, and let them decide amoung themselves? You don't think he offered his opinion, and that that opinion was taken heavily into account by MT and EM ? Do you really think for one min that, had Favre said "I don't think I can go. I can't make the throws." that they would have at least tried Clemens ? What did they have to lose?

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

See my post right above yours.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Mangini said he made all the decisions..can we see to it that Cleveland gets fined?

8. patsfaninpittsburgh

Hmmm, that's interesting. The Jets GM seems to have violated league rules concerning the listing of injured players. Even if he was going to play, Favre should have been listed as "probable".

Hopefully, the league will investigate and clamp severly down on the Jets organization for blatant cheating. By right, a minimum 1st round pick (not Gholston) should be forfeited.

I would also encourage the entire "ganggreen" family to contact Gooddell and DEMAND severe punishment for such severe cheating.

Recent history has proved that the entire Jets organization and fanbase has zero tolerance for "rule misinterpretation" and full desire to protect the integrity of the game from such overt and dastardly forms of cheating.

Injurygate is SERIOUS.

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Which makes sense....for the first 2 games of that last 5. Maybe even for 3 games. But at that point it was pretty obvious something had to be done.

I see your point clearly, but Mangini also must have realized, after the 2nd or 3rd consecutive loss, that he needed to do something or this would continue.....and it did. At some point, you have to think that putting Clemens in had no downside. The worse that could have happened is that you lost the game for different reasons. Either way, you were probably gone. If you know this, and you know that Favre is hurt, why in the world would you "force" him to play any more. It makes no sense.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You are trying to compare taping and stealing radio and video signals as the same as not listing a player on the injury report who did play as the same. You are way off base. Stop trolling.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Let's see, cheating in a Super Bowl.....

or

Not listing a injured arm during games in which we lost and only negatively effected us.

You're a MORON. Go cut your sleeves off and troll the Suck Tom Brady off forum.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I'll agree with Andy M on this one, although I won't go so far as to bash Favre mercilessly.

You can pretty much see in Tanny's comments that Favre had say ni the matter. You can take into account that Favre has play through debilitating injuries at any cost. And you can take into account his enormous ego.

I think Favre is bulshitting here to make himself look good. Nobody makes Brett Favre do something he doesn't want to. He's just making excuses so Vikings fans will hate and blame the Jets for poor Brett's busted wing once he starts throwing wounded ducks around week 6 or 7 this season.

#132 abyzmul, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sometimes I wonder who the Pats would have drafted with that pick that Mangini so unceremoniously RIPPED from Belichick's grasp. And then I laugh hysterically.

Spygate was worth having Mangini as a coach.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Jets admitted to this and will probably get a slap on the wrist, according to Fatcessa on the FAN.
    Favre is the biggest self serving cock sucker on the planet.If anyone believes he would sit out and jepordize his start streak i've got a bridge to sell you.
    Anybody that sticks up for this prick should be banned from this site for LIFE!

If there is a GOD this cock sucker will blow out his fuckin knee in game1!

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

If this wasn't such an utter fail of a post I'd call it trolling.

It's not like this is the first time this particular thing has happened. There is a standard set for the punishment already.

But the Jets only needed a couple wins in those last few weeks to make the playoffs. And again, if he had taken out Favre to put in Clemens, the entire legion of Jets fans would have said "He's BRETT F**KING FAVRE! This guy NEVER misses a game!" and people would have flipped out had we lost.

It was damned if you do, damned if you don't. Again, the only real issue is why they insisted on going with a passing attack when it was clear to everyone that the run was the way to go.

Which makes it more damning of Mangini, considering he was always doing things to "outsmart" the opposition, usually resulting in him making stupid decisions.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

When the interceptions rain, they pour where Favre is concerned. :grin: Probably good looking out on his part... :drunk:

17. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

With the injury, I'm not sure Favre could throw the Jets as far as a bus...bound to come up a few yards short.

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I gotta agree with Alio on this one. Easy to look in the rear view mirror and coach that stretch, but it was a real lose-lose situation.

19. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I agree as well. I'm sure ol greybeard would have just sat down if the coach or GM asked him to - righhhhhhht. Like you have said , he's played through numerous injuries to preserve his streak. and as far as the playcalling goes, no doubt in my mind it falls on #4. If it was Mangini makin the calls , it would have been on the conserative side ( especially in the bad weather Sea game) . Shotty had no say whatsoever last year , which is why he wanted to leave, he had his offense in place and then last minute in TC Favre comes to teh Jets and SHotty's asked to basically scrap hs playbook for #4. I know this for a fact because we ran almost no motion or gadget plays last year - a large part of Shotty's O - but they we're scrapped so #4 could run his WCO and for all intents and purposes call his own plays.

20. patsfaninpittsburgh

:rofl:

Yeahhhh I'm the moron. I guess rooting for a team that cheats by screwing themselves makes their "fans" Mensa candidates.

No wonder they are the J-E-T-S. P-L-A-I-N-S has way too many letters for the fan base.