Brett Favre Blames the Jets!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

At this point, it now becomes a pertinent issue. Way to open your mouth Favre. You have now become an enemy.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm not so sure. The Jets can say he never missed a game so he didn't need to be on the injury report. He was never questionable or doubtful and Clemens never prepared as a starter even once.

#42 Don, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Just him opening his mouth when he is on another team is fodder enough to piss me off. I can see him trying to defend himself, but damn Brett, you are a Viking now. I wonder what his new team thinks of his recent statements, he is turning into a joke, worried about his last team and now saying he may not make it through the year? Wow.

4. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Mangini is a cancer. No two ways about it. It's like he's building a house with glue and crate paper, while everyone else uses wood and nails. I'm not an architecural engineer, but my guess is the crate paper house falls.
    Again I am not an architecural enigineer I want to reiterate.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am sure they are not happy at all.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The fucked up part about this is it's either BS on Favre's part or BS on Mangini's part and if anyone gets punished it will be the Jets, who neither are currently affiliated with.

7. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Agreed. It's fucking ridiculous to bring it up.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Fair point. The sad part is, neither the Jets nor Mangini have said anything about Brett, yet he keeps harping on the past. Memo to Brett: You are a Viking, your team wants you to start concentrating on them.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Honestly, I'm betting it was more Mangini than Favre, but I agree with you, the Jets are the ones who will suffer in the end.

The thing is, what if it was Woody or Tanny? Obviously, Tannenbaum would be believable if he were in league with Mangini just trying to win at all costs. But if it were Woody, say, to sell PSLs, then F him and I hope he gets fined.

But if it was Mangini alone, I hope Brett rips him apart Sunday on the field, and I hope Cleveland wins none this year, resulting in Mangini losing the last NFL job he ever holds.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Last year, I had enough Favre to last a lifetime.

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It is crepe paper. Ba-gees.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Brett Sisterfucking Favre needs to shut his vagina. I hope his hand gets squashed by Mangina player and he won't be able to start the next game. I hope he never throws a TD ever again in his life. I hope he throws 30 Ints in the next 6 games. I hope AP gets frustrated at all the ints and kicks him in his vagina!

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I HATE Brett Favre much more than Eric Mangini.

14. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Let me write that down cre...wait I don't care.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

true....... and sad. Still a clusterphuck anyway you look at it. The Jets can always find their way into a phucked scenario, but something tells me Favre wasn't eager to take a seat. The Madden Curse strikes again

I just want 2008 to go away....... yet it won't

:shit::jets:

#55 stinkyB, Sep 10, 2009
  16. Jets Fan from NE

Farve is full of $#|+. Of course it couldn't be HIS fault he sucked at the end of last year.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Him making excuses like that is so pathetic. Each day I hate him more and more. And it is sad what he has done to his legacy the last 2 years really. He was my favorite non-Jet.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

this is brett favres greatest masterpiece.

he gets made to be the hero/victim of every scenario hes involved in. it sickens me.

even if they both knew, and you say its the coach's responsibility to sit his injured player in order to win.

i say this, NO MATTER WHAT. favre would be shitting on us, simply because he decided to play injured and sucked.

if we had sat him, hed be saying. "well i really liked it in New York, I just wanted to win, I've played injured before, I think I know my own body. no offense to anyone within the jets organization"

and then people would say we ousted a legendary ironman who couldve taken us to the playoffs only if we let him.

anyone get the drift here?

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/ny_jets_gm_mike_tannenbaum_res.html

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Even if the orders came from Woody, that doesn't explain (or excuse) the ridiculous playcalling down the stretch if they knew he was injured, so IMO this is still all on Favre (if it's a lie) or all on Mangini and the coaching staff (if it's true).

Either way, how can anyone have any respect for either of them? Favre is either a liar or a crybaby (and an egotistical jackass either way), and Mangini is either completely incompetent or a pussy for not defending himself.

Edit: and now based on Tannenbaum's comments, it turns out that it's crybaby and completely incompetent, respectively. This also means that unless Mangini was calling the plays, Schottenheimer is a moron and should have been fired.

#60 statjeff22, Sep 10, 2009