If Crabtree signs...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Sep 10, 2009.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

...the 49ers will be carrying 7 WRs on their roster:

Arnaz Battle
    Isaac Bruce
    Michael Crabtree
    Jason Hill
    Brandon Jones
    Josh Morgan
    Micheal Spurlock

That's a lot of WRs especially for a team that going to run the ball a lot. I think they would be viable trade partners if Crabtree comes around. I'd love to pry Morgan from them but I'm sure he would be off limits. Jason Hill, however, could be had. This is a guy who put up big numbers in college, ran a blistering sub 4.4 at the 2007 combine and came on real strong at the end of last season with 30 receptions. I read that if the 49ers kept only 5 WRs he may have been the odd man out. He's also intriguing because he is going into his 3rd season which is usually the year the light comes on for young WRs. Just a thought.

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I don't see any of those guys as better than the ones we already have. They'd probably just cut Spurlock and carry 6 WRs.

3. legler82

Spurlock helps out in the return game so I think he the slight edge he had over Hill. And with regards to Hill possibly not being better than our guys, he did 30 receptions last year. That is more than Allison, B. Smith, Wright and Clowney combined and just 2 less than Stuckey, our number 2. He's no Marshall but I think he could help.

4. ........

........ Trolls

I'd be interested in Josh Morgan, but that's about it.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yeah same here. It's amazing to think of the talent VT had at WR that year. Eddie Royal, Josh Morgan, David Clowney, and Josh Hyman (and their passing game still sucked that year)

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Receiver help from the 9ers?

they are worse off than we are.

7. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Speaking of wr's..... I cant create new threads yet, but i had to find a place to tuck this in. The Vikings released wr bobby wade. He had been with them for three years and led the team in receptions each of the first two years he was there.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Don't worry, even David Tyree was suggested on this board. Someone will post it.

9. legler82

Jason Hill is no slouch. He had 2 consequetive 1,000 yards season as a sophmore and junior with 12 and 13 TDs respectively. He got hurt his senior but still managed 41 receptions for 600 yards and 7 TDs with an average QB throwing him the ball. So he's not one of those fast guys (4.32 at the NFL Combine) with very little production at the college level (i.e., The Clown, DHB,...etc.). For whatever reason, he's been in and out of Singletary's dog house. He's young, fast, has some NFL experience, good hands, runs good routes and attainable. I think getting he would be a very good pick up for us not to mention a realistic one.

Here's his scouting report coming out of college:
    POSITIVES: Consistent wideout with deceptive speed. Strong, uses his frame to shield away opponents and makes the difficult reception with defenders draped on him. Displays sharpness running routes, stays low on exit and gets separation. Extends to make the reception.

NEGATIVES: Lacks the second gear and true deep speed. Has been nicked up the past two seasons, which caused him to miss time.

ANALYSIS: A natural wideout who also lends a helping hand on special teams, Hill has the natural abilities to be a second receiver at the next level.

PROJECTION: Middle Second Round

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Pre-Season is over. We are going with the WR's we have. Give them a chance, who knows if Stuckey or Clowney step up and become stars.

11. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

how is bobby wade? is he worth a looksee?

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You're right, we will go with what we have but it's a shame. Average receivers need a really good QB to look good where great receivers can still make great plays even with a rookie.

We needed to get a #1.

13. GangGreen

GangGreen New Member

sorry this doesn't have much to do w/ crabtree signing w/ 49ers... but i don't have enough posts to start a thread so i have to resort to asking my question here.

insider.espn.go. com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4477435&name=schefter_adam&addata=2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4477435%26name%3dschefter_adam%26addata%3d2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

this espn insider article says something about crabtree to the jets and i can't see it. can someone with insider please explain what it's all about? thanks, appreciate it.

edit: can't really post links either, but just remove the space in the .com part at beginning

14. ........

........ Trolls

The usual nothingness:

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jason Hill a Jet...That sounds like a good idea

16. GangGreen

GangGreen New Member

thanks man, appreciate it. they always get to look at the article by making it seem like it's a real possibility, only to actually be a question of someone else.

17. N8n619

N8n619 New Member

Do the Jets have a late 1st at all next year?

Hold out for a Dez Bryant or Damien Williams in the draft next year