Brett Favre Blames the Jets!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MadBacker Prime, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

He's making his injury out to be something way more serious than it was. Excuses for poor play

2. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Wait, so Favre had surgery just so he could later blame the Jets over nothing?

What a tricky bastard!

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We'll probably never know if Favre is telling the truth or not. If he is though, that's a pretty big fault against Mangini. It could be a big reason why he was fired so quickly.

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

You can play with the injury Favre had. Doctors said the surgery wasn't even necessary and that it would eventually tear completely and he would still be able to play. Brett Favre made bad decisions over the stretch on where he was throwing the ball. Remember the throw in week 17 against the Dolphins where he threw the ball right to the defender for a pick 6? That had nothing to do with his injury, but his terribly decision making.

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

If true , it puts an exclamation point on Kellen clemens. I still thin Bretts a scumbag !

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

You never know, that could have been a directive from the FO. Who knows, either way the guy was hurt so al the shit people give him for his crappy play is largely unwarranted.

Pennington got the benefit of the doubt when he was playing hurt, so you have to give the same to Favre otherwise it's just bias.

7. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

A. why didn't this injury appear on the injury reports?

B. Will the jets get in trouble for it not being on the injury reports?

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets take will be that he played so he didn't need to be listed on the injury report.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

From who? People here are still whining that Chad didn't play well enough in Pittsburgh, even though he was playing with a torn throwing shoulder after we beat San Diego on the road in the playoffs. I've never seen too many people give him the benefit of the doubt. I credit anyone who goes out there and plays hurt, Favre included.

Of course Chad has more class than to blame the Jets for anything, despite how uncerimoniously as he was let go. He didn't even say boo when he came back and won the division in our house in Week 17. The same can't be said for Favre, even though the Jets treated him with complete reverence the whole time he was here. It's always the team's fault according to Favre, first Green Bay and now the Jets.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Don't hate the playa', hate the game.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm just glad he's gone. Let him create drama elsewhere, we have Dirty Sanchez now.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Come on man, let's keep revisting the past. Remember when we let Terrance Mathis walk?

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If Favre didn't really want to play I can't see how they could make him play? My guess is they knew he was hurt and Favre was willing to sit and Mangini and Mike told him to play.

I can't see Favre who has a ton of clout not being able to take himself out.

14. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

to bad Favre doesn't come back to face the Jets this year

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't think he said he didn't want to play and they forced him. I think he said he would understand if they sat him down and they decided he should still play.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Favre wandered into the darkened bar down by the old port, and little did he know what would transpire that night. As it turned out he got into a fight and lost, and all the people that originally asked him to come there and cheered when he did are now thowing stones at him as he walks back to the farm.

17. skoobz2001

skoobz2001 Active Member

Whatever happened, it's a shame he wasn't MORE injured.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You forgot to add the nice parting gift. 12 million dollars.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I just lost whatever small thread of respect I had for Favre. This guys is a complete tool.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This may get pretty interesting.

NFL checking into Favre injury cover-up
    by Rich Cimini
    September 10, 2009 10:47 AM By Rich Cimini

It looks like the Jets could be in some hot water with the NFL.

The league is investigating whether the Jets committed an injury-report violation last season with regard to Brett Favre's torn biceps tendon, a league spokesman told the Daily News.

Favre, speaking to reporters yesterday in Minnesota, revealed that he had an MRI last season and that he -- and the organization -- knew he had a torn biceps tendon with four or five games remaining in the season.

Favre never appeared on a Jets injury report.

The NFL takes these matters seriously. In the past, teams have been fined for violating the injury-report policy. There is no statute of limitations.

Favre never missed a game last season, although he performed poorly down the stretch, throwing nine interceptions in the final five games. At the time, he and then-coach Eric Mangini continually shot down speculation that Favre was injured.

Favre first revealed the biceps injury after the season. At that time, he never said it was diagnosed during the season.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is scheduled to address the media at 11:30 this morning.

Fittingly, Favre faces Mangini on Sunday in a Vikings-Browns opener.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0QigLMV42