**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Um the last incident was this March 2009. So I say we know where he is now! To me personal history means something that happend 2 years ago with a clean record ever since.

The guy is bad news! I would not trade more than a 4th rounder for him. Which is what NE paid for Randy Moss.

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I've always wanted to be unleashed in NYC with a boatload of money. Instead I find myself next to the smelliest fuck on the train with a nickel in my pocket.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

...but think of the PSL's Mother Teresa would sell. It would be perfect!

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Exactly while our WR may or may not be great, running a WCO with Cotch and Stuckey, using Clowney for the occassional down field shot and throwing a ton of balls to the TE and Leon doesn't seem like the passing game will be a real weak spot. It seems to me we have alot more need on the DL and OL depth not to mention the other CB spot before we bring in an all world WR that we probably don't need right now.

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Is that why he slaps women around, and injures himself beating up TV's too?

6. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

He could potentially be better as well. KC quarterbacks as a group have been running for their lives every game the last 3 years because of the hideously bad offensive line in front of them. Croyle and Thigpen have both put up decent numbers when they're not getting pummeled every other snap.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

They could play a hymne over the PA....tuuhh huuuhhhh huuuhhh huuuuch dooooooowwwwwwwn.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Not to mention she could jump into gate D crowd after scoring.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Who knows what the reason is... maybe it actually is love? Love hate? If his problems were that bad that the two of them got violent over it... I would think they should break apart as well... but then he goes and proposes to her... and then they're outside of a bar again fighting?

It's lunacy in my opinion. Whether it's with the Jets or whoever, I think the best thing for Marshall would be to get the hell out of Denver and find some new friends / girlfriend. Start over in a way.

The guy clearly isn't in a good situation in Denver. His hate for the team is known, and it definitely seems clear he's got issues.

The NFL has shown that it wants to have a policy of forgiveness. They've forgiven Vick, Williams, even Pacman who pissed on the forgiveness and got himself run out of the team.

From a football standpoint, I agree with the argument that the guy is too much of a risk to trade a lot for. However, with a change of scenery and a good deal to acquire him, there's the chance there that he could turn out to be not only a great player for the Jets, but a model citizen.

By the posts on this board though, I think people have consigned the guy to jail already... all without actually knowing anything about him besides what they see in that list.

Everyone has their fucked up circumstances, Marshall clearly way more than most. I'm not defending what he's done or excusing him for it... I'm saying he needs to get out of Denver regardless, and if this is the place he ultimately ends up going to, then I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over it. The guy still has a right to play football and to be in the league. Perhaps a team with a better supporting cast and can do good things for his outlook on life, guys like Kris Jenkins.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

As far as Marshall is concerned, a pile of money would do him good. If the jets get him, the only way he'll be content (for this year anyway) is if the Jets back up the money truck and pay him big.

11. xxedge72x

I'd prefer the Jets took care of Leon before shelling out money to anyone.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I bet this guy donates half his salary to the "collection plate".....a la...Ned Flanders.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I like the way all our WRs and Keller have different skill sets, too. Cotchery is a posession guy, Clowney a burner, Stuckey in the slot and Keller at TE. It's worth a look before giving up value for a malcontent.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Good point!

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Exactly. Leon has the right attitude, came to camp and worked hard even though he hasn't gotten his deal done. What message do you send your team if you stiff him and reward a guy who acted like a baby in practice to get himself traded? For what? Talent? Leon is one of the most talented players in the league. Like you said, pay him first.

16. xxedge72x

Leon's talented too. He's a good soldier, a great human being, and has done the Jets right... they need to reciprocate, just as you said.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They more than took care of him..now it's up to him to sign it or walk away..nobody will care which he ends up doing.

18. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I agree, we may not have the marquee name WR but I don't think they're that bad. Take a look back over the years , we've certainly done much worse ( Chrebet's rookie year , the wr's were horrible) . I'll point to the Ravens last year , their wr's were and are subpar to the Jets and they fared ok with a power running game a rookie QB and a dominant D. Ths is the blueprint that Rex is taking for this years team.

Don't get me wrong , if Anquan Boldin or Andre Johnson magically sprung free and became Jets , I wouldn't be locking the door to keep them out .

19. xxedge72x

I disagree. The haggling over a million / year is more petty on the Jets side than it is on Leon's.

I have no doubt Leon will prove he's worth that and more... if the Jets lose Leon over a million/year there's going to be a revolt by fans. It would be the worst player loss to FA since... I don't even know?

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Haha!

He's a hidilly-hidilly-ho__

People put way too much thought into athlete's off field behaviour.