**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily care if he's a good guy or not.

What I care about is the Jets possibly wasting key ingredients to there team for someone who appears to be on the fast track to prison because he's a r'tard thus wasting the value they gave away.

I also think comparing smoking weed to beating women is absurd. Here's the rap sheet again for good measure.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

Yea but he killed his wife and was a free man until he fucked up again.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's too difficult to wade through but it seems everything was dismissed or charges were never filed.

Don't get me wrong, I know he is a magnet for trouble..and being stupid. He is also rich and probably has a lot of people after his money. It's just that if he was really as bad as people make him out to be he would be in jail or at the least out of the NFL.

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

No my point is this ... the guy just didn't make a mistake or two and wake up. He REFUSES to wake up. Everybody makes mistakes. Some people learn from them and other people don't. A guy like this just doesn't give a damn. He doesn't get it, and I believe he never will.

Why would you want a guy like this on the team? We'll give up a good player, or a draft pick, or both ... and he'll be out of the league while we're wtching other teams win playoff games and Superbowls.

5. Don

At least he was charged and went through a trial.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The problem with the rap sheet, posted ad nauseum btw, is that we don't necessarily know where this guy is in his life today. Some would claim that he's rehabbed, others would stick by their guns that it's a matter of when not if he does something to get himself ejected from the NFL... my argument has more to do with us not knowing the truth about Marshall than it does about Marshall's past... we know his history spells trouble.

Either way, I only think Jets fans would be happy with a deal if it was reasonable. Nobody here wants to put too much on the line for him, not even the most die hard Marshall supporters I don't think.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

You don't get a rap sheet like that because you're being picked on. He's clearly involved in some serious shit there. Let's not try and sugar coat this.

fleeing the scene
    dropped after agreeing to anger management classes
    no charges filed
    no charges filed

This bitch knows who her meal ticket is.

As for your "if he was really that bad he would be in jail and not in the NFL" comments, my opinion is that it's only a matter of time. That's why I'm so against this. He's obviously a hell of a receiver that would help if he were available to play.

8. xxedge72x

Do you hang out with him? You seem to have a special insight to what he doesn't "get".

Maybe I'm giving Marshall too much credit, maybe he not only knows what he's doing, but enjoys it... in that case he "gets" it and just doesn't care.

So tell us, what do you know that we don't?

9. WhiteShoeWillis

What has Marshall done to show that he's grown up besides the recent mockery he's made of Broncos practice?

He's consistently doing something retarded. Why am I supposed to think he's found God or whatever?

Marshall has been charged with crimes and been to trial as recent as last year.

September, 2008: Charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple battery

#1089 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I wouldn't give up much for him, good WR or not. Just look at that tape and how he's acting, you want him here? Let me see that Clowney can't do the job and if that's the case then draft a guy who doesn't have all the baggage.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think that a good sign that a guy is trouble is that his rap sheet is 'too difficult to wade through'.

12. xxedge72x

My skepticism comes from his latest trial which was dismissed because the girlfriend he was with is a loon basically. In that story, it was reported that in attending therapy sessions, the woman was constantly baiting Marshall and trying to start shit when Marshall was attempting to work through things. The doctor described her as an obsessed stalker as far as I remember.

One of the reports of violence came two months after he proposed to his girlfriend, where an off duty cop found the girl hitting him while he screamed at her.

I'm not defending Marshall as much as I am wondering about the innocence and sanity of the woman he's with.

I think in his relationship, it appears that there's a bit of a circle of insanity going on. It takes two to tango.

13. xxedge72x

And to clarify... the reason that justifies trading for him is that to me at least it sounds like in his particular case a change of scenery WOULD do him tremendous good.

I don't know that for a fact obviously, it's just what I perceive.

14. Don

Well, I just wish the Jets would bring in some clear cut #1 receiver. They are already starting to take crap again from the media because they didn't. This whole Rhodes twitter thing got the sharks circling again.

15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I know enough not to be an apologist for a guy who obviously is incapeable of staying out of trouble. You tell me ... am I seeing something that's not there, or are you ignoring what is there?

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You know, with all the baggage, I haven't really even bothered getting annoyed by his childish behavior - the baggage is enough for me not to want this turd. But anyone that would try to make excuses for the bullshit that guy was pulling off in that Broncos practice has to be an idiot. I don't care who the coach is, that's fucking pathetic.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm sure she's got a screw loose too. Which begs the question, why would he be with such a lunatic? I'm sure he has plenty of women available to him.

I've been with my share of lunatics, I get rid of them.

18. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

A change of scenery to the NY metropolitan area. Not sure all his problems occurred in the Denver area. But take a guy with a propensity for this kind of trobule - give him boatloads of cash and set him loose in NYC - and it could get ugly.

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If I thought bringing in a very talented WR took this team over the top I would give up a ton to get him even if he was a complete turd like Marshall. This team would go much further and do much better with a top stud DE than a stud at WR. Getting rid of a potential all pro inside LB and picks which we desperately need to reload our D would be insane if it was for Mother Teresa with a 4.2 40 time a frame like Plaxico and hands like Al Toon.

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yeah, I didn't even know the rest of his story until reading all of this. I pointed to that tape because it's from last week, which indicates that he hasn't grown up at all as of last week.

And again, it's not like we have WRs we know are bad, we have unproven guys who may be good. Stuckey looked good in his limited action and Clowney is certainly ripe for a chance to play. If it doesn't work out there's a new crop of WRs coming out next year, it's not a hard position to fill if you have a QB, line and running game which we now appear to have.