2009 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsNation06, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Way to be, RU.

2. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They have a terribly weak schedule but there is no chance in hell that they will get 10 wins this year

3. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

So glad I decided to go to work rather than make the trek up to New Brunswick. Yikes.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What a disgraceful half of football by Rutgers....This just in... the Bearcats have RU's number the way Rutgers owns Lousville and USF. Oh yeah and the Big East sucks.... people wonder why they had no top 25 teams....maybe because the team that was picked to win the league is down 24 on thier home field in week 1? Just curious...how does Rutgers get away with playing 2 1AA teams?

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Why not? Put your hatred for them aside. It's making you biased.

These are they games the should win easily:

Michigan
    Purdue
    Washington
    Boston College
    Washington State
    Navy
    Pittsburgh
    UCONN
    Stanford

That's 9 wins plus their win against Nevada - 10 wins.

I think Notre Dame will beat MSU and it's very possible that they'll upset USC.

This Notre Dame team is very similar to the 2005 and 2006 teams.

A QB with Heisman potential, great duo of receivers, an offensive line filled with top recruits, a running game with potential, and a very capable defense.

#65 Mr Electric, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Easily? this is the same team that lost to Syracuse last year, they never beat MSU in ND so forget about that one, they will struggle against half the teams you listed, i could see 8 wins but a team that was 7-6 the year before with an easy schedule will not all of a sudden win 10 games especially with Jabba the Weis coaching them.

7. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

What does that have to do with this year? Will Oregon St. be a power house since they beat USC last year? Clausen's finally got his act together so ND will be much improved over last season

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This is not the same team.

So the hell what if they went 7-6 last season? Alabama went 6-6 in 2007 and 13-1 in 2008 - it's possible for teams to improve.

I guess you're biased towards MSU because you're fan. The Spartans have new starters all over the place. Notre Dame has better players at almost every position.

In my opinion, this is Charlie Weis' last season at Notre Dame if he doesn't win. Knock the coaching all you want, that's easy to do - they've gone nothing but down since he's taken over. Everything has fallen into place for Weis...he's rebuilt the mess that Willingham left him. This is his year to do big things at Notre Dame.

Jimmy Clausen is for real. Who cares if he struggled early on? The whole team did. With a solid offensive line and a decent running game, Clausen will be able to get the ball to Tate and Floyd. They'll have a nasty offense.

Also, Nevada's defense might suck, but they are one of the best offensive teams on the west coast. Notre Dame completely shut down their offense...an offense that has been close to unstoppable.

#68 Mr Electric, Sep 7, 2009
  9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

ND has a very good shot at 9 or 10 wins this year. Clausen and Floyd are one of the most potent QB-WR duos in the country. Their D is vastly improved. ND should handle MSU this year. Their QB situation is shaky.

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No it isn't MSU's QB situation is better than it was last year, they can't choose one QB because both QBs are both doing equally very well and the defense/receivers/TEs are also better. Only question mark is the running game since it is maned currently with a trio of freshmen

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Are you serious?

How in the hell can you say that Keith Nichol and Kirk Cousins are better options at quarterback than Brian Hoyer?

The Spartans played against Montana State. When they play against a real team, you'll see that they have a problem at quarterback.

Your two new quarterbacks completed just over 50 percent of their passes against a I-AA opponent.

#71 Mr Electric, Sep 7, 2009
  12. JetsNation06

When they play a real team, not 1AA Montana State, then you can tell me if the QB situation is better than Hoyer was last year. Obviously that's the only game we have to go off of but they need to play someone better before making that determination. I still think they'll be a question mark this year but we'll see after they play some 1A teams.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Thank you.

Neither one of these have ever started a game.

14. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The only reason Keith Nichol is here because he was just beat out barely by Sam Bradford, he was a much higher prospect than Hoyer was. Cousins has a much better arm and is more accurate than Hoyer was as well. Hoyer was annoying as to his inconsistency these two players are easily better than what Hoyer was. And I am not basing this off of what I've seen from some game against an 1AA game, trust me the least of MSU's worries is their QBs and it would be stupid to assume there is a problem just because they can't choose one, both of these QBs can start for most of the teams in the country

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...so basically what you're saying is this: If Keith Nichol would've won the starting job at Oklahoma, he would've won the Heisman.

Brian Hoyer had game experience and these two guys are going to be thrown to the wolves.

FYP

16. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Isn't that exactly what you are doing though with ND? A team who for the past few years that has been nothing but mediocre is all of a sudden going to win 10 games? I am basing MSU's QB situation on potential, weapons around them as well as the camps which neither QB showed that they weren't worthy of being a starter. What you guys are saying about MSU's QB situation is the equivalent of saying USC has a problem at QB just because they are starting a freshman.

17. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No what I am saying is Hoyer while he had game experience was at best a game manager and when asked to try to drive a team to victory often has shown his lack of playmaking ability. As for the Oklahoma comment, no it was more if he was that close to getting a QB job currently owned by the Heisman winner it shows what type of prospect that he is.

LOL at a guy that knows absolutely nothing about the situation, as a fan of sports while in 95% of the time of a QB situation where there is camps of people on one side or another that isn't the case here, MSU fans and the school itself have basically already surmised that we are already happy with either QB starting because we know we will be in good hands with either QB

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's hilarious that you're trying to tell me that I know nothing...

Kirk Cousins only other big school offer was from Colorado - the only other teams that offered him were mid-majors and I-AA schools.

Keith Nichol's lack of arm strength cost him the keys to the Sooner offense.

Here's my point: Neither of them have done anything at the college level.

Michigan State may have better play at quarterback eventually, but not right away.

#78 Mr Electric, Sep 7, 2009
  19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I have no dog in this fight. I'm huge Greg Jones fan and seen him play when he was at Moellor H.S. I'm not a MSU fan or Notre Dame fan.

Notre Dame's schedule is setting them up for a 10 win season. Their offense and improving defense has them miles ahead of last year. JC is the best QB in College Footbal right now and I don't expect a drop off.

Don't over look MSU, their Head Coach is a well kept secret, their schedule is a creampuff...No OSU, Penn St at home. MSU will not lose more than 3 games.......but they ain't beating Notre Dame in South Bend.

#79 WW85, Sep 7, 2009
  20. JetsNation06

No doubt, like I said I can't make any concrete claims about either of your new QB's. They both did what they had to do Saturday and played well. I still have my apprehensions about them in big games but I may be wrong, we'll just have to see.

I'm basing my ND assessment on the fact that it's Clausen's third year in the system and he looks leaps and bounds more comfortable then he did even last year. Also the fact that Floyd is one of the top 3 receivers in the country hands down. Again it was Nevada so we'll see starting this Saturday against the Wolverines.

The USC-MSU QB situation isn't exactly the same as Barkley has really been ready for big-time college ball since his junior year of HS. Much more highly acclaimed than either of your guys. Yes inexperienced, however a huge pedigree and a cast of talented weapons around him that will ease the inexperience factor greatly. I know your guys have talented weapons around them but USC is a different level which I think helps Barkley have a lot of success this year.