Jets acquired QB Kevin O'Connell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Sep 6, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I don't hate the guy.....I just think this thread is a waste of bandwidth....when there's already a few threads created on his behalf.

What's next? he gets footage of O'Connell taking a dump...and decides that's worthy of its own thread??!

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

There's a draft forum...that's where this video should be posted.

Open it. Search for Kevin O'Connell. You'll find a lot on him in a few of the threads.

I'm honestly just sick of the posters that know close to nothing about the game - complaining about the O'Connell trade or the Woodhead release. Give me a break...I can't wait for the season to start.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I hate twitter too but you must admit that thread did get a bit of attention... so maybe it was useful making it instead of talking about those twits all over the other threads...

Anyways no problem, we have different opinions and we can live without agreeing on wether these threads are useful or not ;)

Edgw72 got while I made this thread...

I'm going to stop talking about my reasons of making this and the other thread now (no one rightly shouldn't ive a damn)... If anyone wants to start talking about O'Connell I'm more then happy to listen...

#183 Mambo9, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

He's not being drafted, he's a Jets now. Jets conversation goes in the Jets forum. Or are you the new moderator and have decided to change policy, and we just don't know it yet?

5. xxedge72x

If he posted a video of O'Connell taking a dump I'd be bashing instead of defending. :smile:

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I just hate it when menial threads pop up on the board...and push down some of the more important discussions off the first page.....it's ridiculous.

7. xxedge72x

I don't think it's a menial thread, but we'll agree to disagree. The truth is if it's a menial thread, it'll naturally float to the bottom anyway. The quality of content of the posts usually determines the life of a thread.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Ok, now that the threads have been merged somone give me some god damn info about this kid, and how he projects in the Jets roster, and stop arguing wether it's a menial thread or not :p

Ps not to lick anyones balls but thanks edge for understanding why i made the thread

#188 Mambo9, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

thanks for the merge, JFM. :)

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I do like how they praise Bellichick for having vision and that this was a "Bellichick pick" that "thinks down the line past just one or two years."

Welcome to the Jets, Kevin! If you stay, you're definitely an intriguing guy to develop. If you go and help bring Brandon Marshall or someone else? Even better!

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I saw the guy play from the field in college... I liked what I saw. Now I'm no draft guru nor would I ever claim to be but my impressions of him were that:

He has good size and a QB body, the guy looks like an NFL QB
    He looked like he had some good pocket presence (albiet every QB looks like that against UNLV)
    His arm looked decent, looked like he could make all the throws with some work. It didn't look like he forced anything.

Negatives:
    Didn't seem like he was very mobile... he looked like a statue
    Played on an awful team, sometimes average players really stand out on terrible teams
    Poorly coached, Tom Kraft (SDSU Coach) was awful, even his kid who was a D1 QB was garbage (and coaches kids usually are very good)

Now this was one game so I'm not going to claim to know this is his scouting report but this was what I saw when I saw him play live 2 years ago. I didn't see him in any situations where he had to use his intelligence or make a huge play.

Hope this helps Mambo...

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Yeah it does thank you :) I wonder why he was cut by the Patriots... maybe he really was just an average player in a bad team...

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It was a Bellichick cut too..even though it left him with only 2 QBs on the roster.

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Sorry if I missed it, but what did we end up giving up for this guy?

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

No one actually knows yet... I read somewhere they where talking about a 7rd pick but I think they where just guessing...

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Still not announced.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I wonder why though... I mean, it's not like it was a blockbuster trade or something like that... just a low round pick for a guy who supposedly has potential...

18. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

It must have just been the game you watched, since O'Connell is regarded as having very good mobility for his size.

Rushed for 1300 yards and 19 TDs in his college career.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow I didn't know that... yeah who knows maybe he was nursing something the game I saw too... I did look at him and right away w/o knowing he was projected as an NFL QB think he had the size and arm strength to play in the NFL. I figured he'd be a 6th or 7th round guy.

20. bajakian

bajakian New Member

Sanchez seems to be picking up Shottys system pretty quickly and is looking good. Maybe its the player (Clemens) and not the coordinator?