Kerry Rhodes tweets about something big

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Washington would have been a complete idiot not to sign before the season started...this is totally not news to anyone.

2. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Kerry says you need to be a real fan to appreciate this

Well why didn't you say so in the 1st place?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, too bad we aren't trading first round picks for the wideout version of Pacman Jones. I'm shattered.

4. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

what does that mean?

5. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Kerry Rhodes is a faggot. He knew exactly what he was doing, screw him.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

It's not just the addition of the WR. It's the addition of said elite WR in terms of the mix with the rest of the offense.

My biggest problems with this team right now are: depth, and lack of a true pass-catching threat that would make Sanchez deadly.

Right now, he has Cotchery as his first choice and Keller as his second. Then he can throw to Stuckey or Leon out of the backfield. These are all "nice" choices, and should have some success, however, they present problems without a Marshall.

Cotchery gets a double-team, effectively making him a non-factor all year. He's a great #2, but not a #1. If he lines up on the other side of the field because Marshall is getting the double team, he's suddenly wide open; at worst mis-matched on the opponent's #2 CB.

Stuckey is nice third option, but he'd never start if the choice were mine. As our #2, he's at best evenly matched with a #2 corner, at worst, he's overmatched and not worth the look.

Keller is almost always a mismatch over the middle, but eventually teams are going to say "Well, we've got Cotch covered, Stuckey's not getting the ball, and TJ is in the backfield. Watch Keller!"

There's only so effective Leon can be out of the backfield when they start shutting everyone else down. He's only going to be the last option to begin with.

All of this only makes life harder for Sanchez as a young rookie. Without an elite WR this offense will struggle. A lot.

It's not really all that "crazy" or "ridiculous" if you take a step back and think about it for a moment or two. We're not talking about adding a rookie WR with potential. We're talking about adding an elite game-changer. That's the definition of a "game-changer" they "change the game" for their team.

The defense is there. I'm confident we have a defense capable of playoff-level play. If the offense is good enough to move the ball downfield, the defense will keep points off the board. Add that elite WR and the offense can get the job done.

Obviously, the key at that point would be luck with health. If we stay healthy, we'll get those wins. It's all luck though. Nothing we can do about that though except cross our fingers.

Something I haven't bothered to mention in all of my 4-6 predictions is that I don't believe we're going to lose games by 20 points. I foresee a number of close games; within 3-6 points. Those are games that swing our way by scoring an extra TD, which a receiver like Marshall can provide.

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm happy too... I just want to see the numbers before gettingt thrilled :p

Ps maybe they decided to sacrifice Hodges to the gods in exchange of blessings for the new season... I'd be thrilled by that!

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Lol, I love how everyone just turns the speculation from Marshall to now Leons contract. I guarantee this has nothing to do with Leon Washington. WHy in the world would Kerry Rhodes have any inside info on Leons contract details yet the rest of the team doesn't.

At least the Marshall speculation was somewhat plausible if their is any truth to the report that they share the same agent.

Who cares about his big announcement, I guarantee it has nothing to do with the on the field product of the NY Jets.

9. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

So after begging him to tell us when the news would be announced, he said he would do it tomorrow

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Rhodes keeps saying that if you're a real Jets fan you'll appreciate the announcement... what could Jets fans possibly appreciate more than Leon finally getting a contract extension signed and delivered?

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I just wasted several hours of my life getting worked up over a twitter post. Lord help me.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm laughing my ass off at this point! Rhodes is awesome!

13. abyzmul

Lesson learned?

I'm actually glad that Rhodes did this.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, here is something totally unrelated but not speculative at all. Mangini has decided on who his QB will be and won't tell anybody including his 2 QBs who it is until game day.

Now, what I want to know is where are all the people here who coined him the name of Mangenius?

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Wooo! Leon's getting paid!(probably)

16. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

rhodes is awesome? im fuckin pissed... why would he do this to thousands of fans...

17. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Jeff George landed @ Newark. Why stop at 4 QB's when you can have 5?!

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

34 members and 80 guests!

Spiveymania goes Bubbles!

19. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Me too! I loved him before but I really love him now. Way to go Kerry! :metal:

20. abyzmul

Maybe he's weeding out the gullible fans. Go Kerry, I support you in your efforts.