Kerry Rhodes tweets about something big

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Sep 6, 2009.

1. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Why not? Sounds like Denver would trade Marshall if they got a 1st rounder in a deal. With Seymour being dealt for a one it's almost certain that if Marshall is dealt it will be for a one. The Broncos coach worked with O'Connel last year. He may want him.

I still can't believe Kerry Rhodes would do this to us for Leon Washington re-signing him. I'm holding out hope we got someone good.

Maybe we got Seymour for a 2nd round pick, lol. Oakland is kinda dumb!

2. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

the broncos traded Cutler for some back up QB who hasnt established himself as an NFL qb and picks lol

3. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

How many times have I seen that argument tonight? Too many.

4. Phear

Phear New Member

this.....^

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Great point. I forgot that the Cutler trade happened thanks to a guy who had to compete with Rex Grossman for a starting job and lost on several occasions.:rofl::rofl:

6. ........

........ Trolls

Damn, I take a few hours off of the watch and there are STILL 89 people in this damn thread.

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I never ran well at Holmdel either. I was always pretty burnt out in the latter half the season when states and MOC came around.

8. ........

........ Trolls

They've got 54 minutes west coast time to make my fucking birthday with an announcement of a trade.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

Trust me guys, nothing is going to happen at 2AM on a Sunday before Labor Day. I don't think we hear anything until Tuesday.

10. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

im out! i just doubt it will be announced tonight if anything. 2 AM in the morning?

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

www.jetsdaily.com

***Marshall Update***
    Okay, I don't know if this is a Marshall update or not, but Twitter is abuzz with Kerry Rhodes's tweets Sunday night. First, at around 7:30 PM.

jet fans expect a big announcement coming soon lol!

Now this would normally be brushed off as nothing, but given that it's so close to the start of the season and that Rhodes is supposedly friends with Brandon Marshall, you never really know.

About four hours later, he posted again.

Sorry 4 the hold up fans but this stuff sometime takes time but just stay tuned u will find out soon. Not trying to hold u guys in limbo ...

That's all we have from Rhodes. A message about a big surprise, and then pleas for patience. What do other Jets know? Very little. Jay Feely doesn't know, saying that he is "in the dark like you" on his Twitter.

So that brings us to Nick Mangold.

He wanted to find out from Rhodes what the secret is. Rhodes wouldn't post it on Mangold's Twitter for obvious reasons, so Mangold asked Rhodes to text him on Twitter. Yes, that's what sports journalism has come to, folks.

Here's Mangold's tweet after the text message (around 11:30 PM).

I must tell you all ignorance is bliss. Now I have to keep a secret that I'd love to share but I need to investigate futher. Good things tho

Soon after, he tweeted again.

Tho I have talked to @kerryrhodes I still know nothing real and have no details. I'm just as pumped to find out as the rest of you. G'night

So something is up. A few people know what's going on. The rest of us are in the dark. Why Kerry Rhodes would know before anyone else is anybody's guess, but a Marshall trade would make more sense than most theories. There is a mutual fit between the two sides, and both sides have expressed some interest. The question has always been how much Denver wants back in return.

That brings us back full circle to the beginning of the day and the acquisition of Kevin O'Connell. Denver has Kyle Orton and Chris Simms as its top two quarterbacks. Both have struggled at times, and both are already banged up. McDaniels coached O'Connell last year in New England and was part of the coaching staff that drafted him. Denver wants a player back in the trade who can help them now. O'Connell might not help them now, but he could give McDaniels a long-term answer at quarterback if he still likes him.

Why else would the Jets trade a draft pick for a fourth quarterback? O'Connell might be the backup next season, but keeping four quarterbacks on the team is never the best use of roster space (neither is seven cornerbacks for that matter). Something is up indeed. I have no idea what exactly, but I would not be surprised if Marshall is a Jet by Tuesday. This is purely based on information I posted above, from Twitter, from previous rumors and speculation, and the mutual fit that exists between the two teams.

#251 Jetfanmack, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

13. Phear

Phear New Member

i doubt i will be up in 54 minutes, so happy birthday. :beer:

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

Happy birthday, Iggy.

15. ........

........ Trolls

It's ok. The birthday was today. Thank fucking God I went out last night. I'm just obsessive enough about this team that I might have checked the iPhone every 20 minutes for an update. Today was family day with the wife and daughter.

16. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Happy birthday Ignatius

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Why did Feeley and Mangold both acted like Kerry told them what was happening and then they both retracted their statements and said that they didn't know and are in the same boat as us?

18. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Mangold said he knows but he can't say

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Tho I have talked to @kerryrhodes I still know nothing real and have no details. I'm just as pumped to find out as the rest of you. G'night

he said this right after according to the above article

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I think both didn't know, and now both know. I'm pretty sure Rhodes told Mangold who told Feely.