Jets acquired QB Kevin O'Connell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Sep 6, 2009.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

Do the buttons we would be paying Crabtree with count against the cap?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

nm.............................

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum, in a statement released by the team this evening said: "We had a lot of interest in Kevin when he was coming out in the draft last year. He’s smart and athletic and we feel good about adding him to our team. We will move forward with four quarterbacks on our roster."

No way you f...cking asshole not another season with 4 Qbs...

4. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

why cut woodhead for a third backup qb...they should have traded one of the qb's, woodhead and maybe a draft pick to pick up a good wr...tannenbaum is a moron!!!:jets:

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Woodhead means nothing to this team.

O'Connell and Woodhead are basically the same type of player. A third string backup.

Anyways, Woodhead was released to make room for fullback Jason Davis.

6. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Crabtree can't be traded as of Aug. 14th. Some rule about unsigned rookies. I.E. they would have to sign before they traded him which they would not do because of the salary cap implications.

7. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

but the way he played he could have been used as trade bait...they had enough people they could have some as trade bait to try and get a good wr
    :jets:

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Clemens is a goner.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

They can have Lito Sheppard. I think he's already been flagged for interferance in next weeks game.

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

May seem an odd question, but who is Bear Pascoe?

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Why would we pick up O'Connell if we weren't going to dump Clemens?
    I mean Ainge got a lot of work in the preseason and looked good. I'm thinking our FO/CS wanted to see if Ainge, being already familiar with this offense, would be able to handle the BU roll.
    I think maybe someone might be willing to deal for a guy like Clemens who, as crappy as he's looked, still is a veteran QB.
    Just thinking out loud that this may be our teams thoughts as well.

12. Sixto

Sixto Member

Adam_Schefter: "No, Jets fans, Kevin O'Connell's arrival does not mean this is Kellen Clemens' departure. Not at all."

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Why in the hell would we waste a roster spot for another quarterback that's unproven? This is beyond me. It makes sense if we could trade the 4th QB away for something we need, but otherwise its a head scratcher. I don't think anyone on this board yesterday was thinking, "Man, we really need another QB". I still think one of these QB's is headed out the door.

14. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Too much speculation. If the Jets were going to release Clemens they would have done it already. There must be a trade in the works, but none of these proposals really makes the Jets a better team. I wouldn't mind seeing Sanchez and Ainge as the QB's. Not a whole lot of experience, but they would complement each other nicely. We don't need O'Connell, so what is Mr. T up to? Something's up, but I can't figure it out. Maybe we'll know more tomorrow.

15. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This is a little scary to me! Angie showed he can be a good Quarter back and Denver needs a QB badly at this point. Id hate another scenario that puts a good commodity in the hands of another AFC rival. We always seem to loose these good players. I am also of the opinion that anige will blow away anyone on that roster and come back to bite us in the ass. Clemens stock is non existent , if you think about it! If a trade was looming based on the QB pick up I would think it was anige that was being packaged , rather then Clemens.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Ainge has as much risk of coming back to bite us in the ass as Brett Ratliff does.

If we can parlay him into a trade that improves another position, we should do so.

17. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Just like Ratliff? I like Ainge too but Clemens is a much more valuable player. I don't think there's any chance at all of dealing Ainge and keeping Clemens on the roster.

18. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

How the hell do 2 QB's complement each other?

19. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Hey Mark, you look great today. Hey eric ,Nice pass in practice. :smile:

20. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

That's my point! Clemens has done nothing this off season to increase his stock. Ainge would be the one that you would want to keep and Clemens would be the expendable one. The only QB with some trade value right now would be Ainge. I know some would rather keep Clemens because of his familiarity with the offense , but did that help him in any form this preseason in securing his starters position....Not really! Some players are serviceable and others are just damaged good! I think Clemens never got over running for his life the year before Farve came and is too impatient back there and will never get comfortable to the point of being a good Quarter back for us.