**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Ryan said that Clemens was hurt after the last preseason game, so this may be why we got O'Connell. Sorry if this was posted already. I'm just not trying to get too excited yet until something more official comes out

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

And didn't Kerry Rhodes say he is really good friends with Marshall? or was that BEdwards?

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Rhodes said of Marshall "As a player he is one of the best.", a few days ago, iirc.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

someone was asking if he was teasing or joking

"@Jets321 im not joking guys just b patient"

5. dmb88886

dmb88886 New Member

Someone just asked about if he's serious about this big news to which Rhodes responded:

"im not joking guys just b patient"

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Ah, I get why you're upset. You misunderstood me.

I wasn't laughing at Woodhead, and I don't think Kerry would either.

I meant Kerry and I were laughing at the fanbase who truly believed that he was going to be on the team. The kid fought hard, and against the odds he excelled (against garbage time players, but still, a guy in camp for a pro team is still better than 99% of the country's population) but he wasn't going to be a productive member of the team.

He might make a practice squad, but he won't make the active roster for any team this year unless there it's due to injury. I truly doubt the kid ever plays a meaningful down in the NFL.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Too small for what? To be an everydown workhorse RB? I agree with that. To be an NFL player? I disagree with you there, look around the league there are plenty of guys about his size,Jim Leonhard isn't much bigger. I don't think the Jets are the right spot for him but I can see him playing a role on a team looking for a complimentary speed back or return man.

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

OH come on already it's 1 AM in Italy and I want to go to sleep :p

9. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

nickmangold@kerryrhodes no no no, no one follows this twitter stuff. It'll be just between you and me, I swear.

lol mangold is a funny fuck.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Honestly, the only way I can see him being of use is with the screen. When he's in open field, I think he has the speed and agility to make things happen. Running between the tackles though? I just don't see it. He's not overly thick.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

if you follow the rotoworld players news the browns are waiving a lot of people.... mass exodus of NY players to their old coach for B. Edwards?
    I don't think so... just wondering...

12. facch

facch Active Member

This twitter stuff is definitely out of control. But some of these guys are truly amusing.

13. Attackett

I see, I misunderstood what you meant then. I didn't think he had any chance of making this team but I do think he showed enough to make another team looking for a speed type of back to compliment their work horse. Or as a return man, there are plenty of guys in the league around his size, look no further then or very own punt returner/starting FS.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

You might be absolutely right, but my opinion follows the same lines as JJ's. I won't believe it until I see it.

I honestly think the green-colored glasses clouded most Jets fans' opinions. I hope he catches on somewhere. I don't harbor any ill will toward him. I just don't see it happening.

15. 624

624 Banned

Rhodes to the Broncos?

just kidding but its all so weird

16. Attackett

No he is not very thick but as a change of pace back he could be effective. Listen, I don't think the guy has this huge Wayne Chrebet like career in front of him. I do think though with his heart he could hang around the league for a little while.

Now back to the point of this thread, we are not getting Brandon Marshall, I refuse to get my hopes up about it. Although it does seem that when Tanny does target a player he get him no matter what it takes.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Way too many people appear to be reading way too into this.... I'll believe it when I see it but for now I think Rhodes knows that he is messing with you guys. I'm sure these guys read these boards (albiet probably at least I hope don't take them too serious) I wouldn't be surprised if he was in here reading this thread right now.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I honestly think in open field he becomes dangerous, you never know.

I hear ya, being a Jet fan has conditioned us over the years not to get excited, but you hit the nail on the head....Tanny makes things happen.

19. 624

624 Banned

Marshall practiced with the Broncos today.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

rotoworld.

The Broncos submitted the paperwork necessary to lift Brandon Marshall's team-induced suspension late Sunday.
    Marshall also practiced, although it's uncertain if he worked with the starters. Still, this is potentially a sign that Marshall will be a big part of the offense early in the year. He was mostly running with the second team before his suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. Jabar Gaffney's multi-week finger injury means the Broncos need Marshall right now.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/06/broncos-get-another-day-to-make-move/