The Cuts We Can Use Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Sep 4, 2009.

1. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

2. ........

........ Trolls

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'd love Ventrone...but that's just because he's a Villanova guy.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

KFFL

49ers | Announce roster moves
    Comment (0) Tweet me!
    Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:31:57 -0700

SF49ers.com reports the San Francisco 49ers have waived OT Jacob Bender, OT Alex Boone, WR Dobson Collins, DE Pannel Egboh, TE Joe Jon Finley, CB Eric Green, OG Kyle Howard, CB Terrail Lambert, FB Brit Miller, DT Khalif Mitchell, LB Jay Moore, TE Bear Pascoe, WR Maurice Price, FB William Rentmeester, LB Justin Roland, RB Kory Sheets, C Matt Spanos, OT Joe Toledo, LB Mark Washington and WR Dominique Zeigler.

Falcons | T. Brown, Ferguson among roster cuts
    Comment (0) Tweet me!
    Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:22:45 -0700

The Atlanta Falcons have announced the release of WR Troy Bergeron, RB Thomas Brown, OL Mike Butterworth, WR Robert Ferguson, LB Robert James, WR Aaron Kelly, DE Maurice Lucas, CB William Middleton, TE Jason Rader, QB D.J. Shockley, OG Jose Valdez, DT Vance Walker and LB Jamie Winborn.

Ravens | Announce roster moves
    Comment (0) Tweet me!
    Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:09:55 -0700

The Baltimore Ravens have announced they have waived WR Jayson Foster, OG Bryan Mattison, CB Evan Oglesby, OT Joe Reitz, OT Stefan Rodgers, TE Isaac Smolko, OL Tre' Stallings, WR Ernie Wheelwright, DT Nader Abdallah, FB Jason Cook, TE Davon Drew, LB Tony Fein, S K.J. Gerard, RB Cedric Peerman, WR Eron Riley and LB William VanDeSteeg. The Ravens have also waived DT William Johnson (shoulder) after reaching an injury settlement.

^Never heard of most of those guys, though it's interesting to see Mattison be converted to an OG, as he was in Jets camp last year as a DE. Figured Baltimore would cut someone Ryan would want, but I guess not.

Texans | Announce roster moves
    Comment (0) Tweet me!
    Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:04:36 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have released QB Alex Brink, LB Buster Davis, FB Jonathan Evans, RB Arian Foster, TE Clark Harris, FS Brandon Harrison, C Brett Helms, DE Tim Jamison, WR Darnell Jenkins, OG Adrian Jones, DT Josh Leonard, DE Jesse Nading, Deltha O'Neal, CB Mark Parson, CB Matterral Richardson, WR Mark Simmons, OT Adam Stenavich, OT Brandon Torrey and OT Cliff Washburn. The Texans have also waived injured CB A.J. Davis (undisclosed) and LB Toddrick Verdell (shoulder).

Steelers | Announce roster moves
    Comment (0) Tweet me!
    Sat, 05 Sep 2009 13:48:22 -0700

Gerry Dulac, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have released QB Mike Reilly, PK Piotr Czech, OT Jeremy Parquet, DT Steve McLendon, TE Dezmond Sherrod, CB Roy Lewis, LB Andy Shantz, LB Tom Korte, WR Dallas Baker, WR Tyler Grisham and WR Brandon M. Williams.

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Wow, this guy had a very good preseason... I thought they were goingto keep him!

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm sure the Jets are working on a WR deal...at least I'll be shocked if they don't get another one from somewhere. Very unsubstantiated rumors that the Giants might want to move Hixon.

8. Don

Vikes cut John David Booty..wouldn't it be funny to have him come in to backup Sanchez?

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The eagles kept 7 recievers... assholes...

10. Don

So did the Giants..both may be trying to trade 1 or 2 of them.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

At this point I'd much rather go for Ronald Curry who got cut...

12. Don

I am guessing most GMs know they won't keep that many. If nobody steps up they will get cut in a couple of days anyway. The risk those teams take is that some of the other people they cut while playing this game may get picked up.

13. facch

facch Active Member

Patriots have released TE Alex Smith according to Schefter.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No, not funny since Ainge and Clemens are much better.

15. JetsBuckeye

JetsBuckeye Member

:rofl::rofl: That would be absoultely hillarious:rofl::rofl:

16. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

It'd be even funnier if we then traded for Leinart to backup both of them.

17. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Per Rotoworld:

Saints waived WR Adrian Arrington, KR Skyler Green, RB P.J. Hill, TE Martrez Milner, DT DeMario Pressley, WR Courtney Roby, and LB Anthony Waters.

Waters lost out to undrafted free agent Jonathan Casillas. Arrington is an exciting practice player when healthy, but missed most of camp with a Grade 2 tear of his hamstring. He has practice squad eligibility left.
    Related: Courtney Roby, Skyler Green, Martrez Milner, Anthony Waters, P.J. Hill

Arrington is certaily someone the Jets should take a look at . If he recovers from his injuries he can be that big physical wide reciever that we're sorely lacking.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Are you guys kidding or do you really think that is funny? Just because they all went to USC?

19. Jetfan10

Jetfan10 New Member

It's official. Trapasso has been cut. I think the decision will be between Trapasso, Weatherford and Colquitt.

Titans | Make additional roster moves
    Comment (0)
    Sat, 05 Sep 2009 16:09:59 -0700

Updating a previous report, Teresa M. Walker, of The Associated Press, reports the Tennessee Titans have released LB Ryan Fowler, DE Larry Birdine, TE Casey Cramer, LB Rocky Boiman, LB Josh Stamer, S Tuff Harris, S Nick Schommer, DT Mitch King, OL Ryan Durand, OL Cory Lekkerkerker, TE Matthew Mulligan, DT LaJuan Ramsey, CB Tanard Davis and RB Rodney Ferguson and P A.J. Trapasso. The Titans have also waived injured RB Quinton Ganther (calf).

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Where are the punters? That is the most important upgrade the Jets can make from the cuts.........