South Carolina VS NC state

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Mavericknyc1980, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Who are the prospects we should be watching tonight.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

South Carolina:

SR Linebacker Eric Norwood - leader of the defense. ALL over the field.

JR Tight End Weslye Saunders - complete tight end...great blocker, great receiver. Wes could be SC's leading receiver.

JR Left Tackle Jarriel King - converted defensive lineman that has become a dominant blocker. If he keeps getting better, he'll be a high draft pick.

JR Safety Chris Culliver - One of the fastest players in the SEC. Hits like a truck and has better hands than a lot of receivers.

RS FR Running Back Bryce Sherman - Track star with football pads on. Sherman is 5'6 155, but he has blazing speed. Spurrier will get the ball to him a few times tonight.

Keep an eye on SC's true freshmen Stephon Gilmore and Jarvis Giles. Gilmore's been named starting corner, but he could also take some snaps at quarterback tonight. Giles is the homerun threat SC's been lacking in their running game. Redshirt freshman receiver Tori Gurley could have a huge year as well.

North Carolina State:

SO Quarterback Russell Wilson - doesn't look like much a pro prospect at quarterback because he lacks ideal size, but he's a very, very good passer. First team All-ACC as a sophomore quarterback is pretty impressive.

SR Defensive End Willie Young - this guy just flat out gets after the quarterback. Great pass rusher...

NC State's defense lost it's best player when Nate Irving broke his leg in a car accident. Irving would have been one of the best linebackers in the entire country in 2009.

This game could go either way, but if Carolina can't find a way to run the football, the Wolfpack will win this one. Stephen Garcia has a ton of potential, but Spurrier has done nothing to put confidence in this kid...a running game would help out tremendously. It should be a good game though.

#2 Mr Electric, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  3. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

more like should i take the -5 that nc state is getting???

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I wouldn't bet on this game.

There are so many question marks on both teams...especially on offense.

5. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

WOw do you have a blog I can follow.

6. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

yeah electric nice work thats some good stuff

and yeah after lookin it to this there are way to many questions to bet anything on this one

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No. I thought about it, but why waste my time when everything's set up for me right here at TGG.

I love talking about prospects and football in general. I have no problem sharing with all of you guys. If you have an specific questions you can PM me or just ask through the draft or college football forum.

WW85, Green Hurricane, and myself are always around.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I was watching the game yesterday, that kid Tori Gurley (#81) looked pretty good, box score shows 4 catches for 34 yds but he looks like he's gonna be a good player...was he a highly touted prospect?

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Hey Mr E, what's up with Russell Wilson? I thought with all the hype around him that he'd have a breakout year. I didn't watch the whole game but I did see a few big time drops from his receivers in fairness to him. But only 3 points last night?

10. Glasgow Celtic

Glasgow Celtic New Member

Was really impressed by Eric Norwood. Thought he was a standout in a poor opening game. Early days though!

11. atlantaJetFan

atlantaJetFan New Member

I am down in SEC country and have watched this guy play against the Dogs over the last couple of years. He's the real deal, can flat out fly.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

South Carolina's defense completely dominated NC State's offense...you could see a huge difference in speed.

Russell Wilson was forced to check down on almost every pass.

NC State had two huge drops that cost them some points.

Awful first game for both offenses.

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what it looked like out there. Thanks.