**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

After watching that tape of him making a joke of practice the other week I'd be really hesitant to offer a current (probably valuable) player and future draft picks to get a guy that's going to demand a monster contract soon anyways.

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I'd like to see Marshall stay in Denver strictly for the entertainment value of watching the whole situation go down the shitter. Denver is starting to be in the league of the Raiders with respect to my enjoyment in their downfall.

The only thing better would be watching him go to New England and watch him create havoc there. Maybe he and Randy Moss go to a club together and start a brawl.

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

We shouldn't walk, we should run away from this deal, and never look back. This has "Trouble" written all over it.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

No trade is going to happen. Denver is one of the most poorly run organizations in the league and this situation is showing it.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

And who else has the feeling its going to get very ugly soon.
    Can we get Vbets on the first HC to go....My $ on McDaniels

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I said this when they traded Cutler: They should have fired McDoucheNuggets instead of trading Cutler.

This guy has exactly 1 season to prove himself.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The only reason a trade wouldn't be made is if the Jets can't figure out a way to get it done. Not because they harbor any of the feelings towards Marshall that people here do.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Don't you think Pat Bowlen wished he had a do over? We haven't even played a game yet, but we've seen some serious culture changes brought in by McDaniels, Ryan, Spagnuolo and Schwartz. Problem is, only McDaniels is bringing negativity. And that's only a few of the new guys; I have to figure that if Bowlen could do it again he would've ponied up a little cash to see if Cowher or Holmgren were interested in getting back in the game.

9. EAF29

EAF29 Member

Neither did I, but in this circumstance I believe they would be.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet Marshall's doucheness has relevance in what the Jets are willing to part with.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's not like they're going to bother worrying about their feelings. Spending 7 million dollars a year on a guy that is one bitch-slap away from being locked away in Roger Goodell's dungeon is definitely going to play into what else they're giving away to get this headcase.

12. Don

[​IMG]

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2009 7:14 AM ET
    With the Jets quickly in and then out of the Brandon Marshall trade discussion, the team with which they share a stadium now finds itself in the center of the scuttlebutt.

104.3 The Fan in Denver, one of the Denver-area sports radio stations, has posted on its web site an image of a plane bearing the Giants logo on its tail, at a Denver-area airport.

The easy -- through probably grossly incorrect -- speculation is that the receiver-needy Giants are working out a deal for Marshall and whisking him to New York.

Though we won't rule out anything in the stranger-then-Playmakers NFL, we can't imagine the Giants welcoming into the shop another major knucklehead only months after purging a guy whose story the writers of the shuttered ESPN football melodrama would have rejected as way too unrealistic.

Still, you love rumors. So rumors we give you.

And now we wait for the follow-up report that the Giants aren't pursuing Marshall.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

That's hilarious.

14. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Living out in Denver, I've seen this Broncos debacle first hand. McHoodie is really screwing the pooch by not talking to the local media -- whenever he speaks to the media, it's Jim Rome or Peter King or Ed Werder. He's really doing himself no favors.

And while Cutler rubbed some people out here the wrong way, there's a slow realization that they are now completely naked on the QB front. Plus, the 2010 1st round pick they got for Cutler from the Bears was traded to Seattle in this past draft for a second round pick in '09 and right to select Alphonso Smith (DB-Wake Forest). So there's nothing even to look forward to in 2010 when they take their lumps in '09. And this is the real kicker: McHoodie actually traded the Broncos first pick for the right to draft Smith, not the lower of the Broncos 2010 pick and the Bears 2010 pick. So a bad 2009 season won't even give them the ability to take a top 5 player (assuming Chicago isn't picking in the top 5 based on 2009 record, which they won't).

McHoodie is in way over his head managing the organization. His ability as an HC of the DENB is yet to be seen, but he has the anti Midas touch on personnel so far. At least Woody had the good sense to have a checks and balances in place with Mangini. They're saying that Bowlen may be suffering from memory loss -- seriously.

#754 Mickey Shuler 82, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  15. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

let's face it, marshall would be a huuuuge addition to our offense, we really are in need of a solid number one reciever. I am content with going in to the season with who we have currently but bolstering up our wr's and moving everyone right now down a slot (cotch gets the #2 corner on every team, stucky slot and so on). BUT i believe that as much as the jets organization knows we need a reciever, there is no chance in hell we give up david harris. he led our team in tackles 2 years ago and still finished in the top rankings of tackles last year playing only 11 games i believe?

any way main point...marshall has extremely high value to the jets but there is no trade to be made if they expect david harris

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm not in favor of the deal at all. However if Rex thinks he can plug Westerman in for Harris without lossing much I could see him being part of a trade.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

It has scaffolding holding it up?

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Giants make more sense than the Jets in this scenario. They are not in the same conference as the Donkos, and they have a lot of depth in the pass-rushing front where they can afford to better trade an impact defensive player.

19. Don

They also have 8 receivers..so many that Tyree and Moss will probably be cut by Saturday. Not to mention their 1st round pick...and thus very expensive..was Nicks. Maybe Woody just borrowed their plane while his was in the shop.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

of course he is a good receive, but how goo dis he outside of the rat's offensive system? not to mention he is a proven malcontent and is in the last year of a contract and will demand a huge payday before know what he can do with e the Jets. all of those factors point to a player not worth trading a significant value for.

besides, Denver has no leverage. who are they hurting more by holding on to a player that has already shown he has no interest in playing hard for them and will walk and the end of the season, less they franchise him. in a couple of weeks they'll trade him for whatever they can get, because something is better than nothing. they have no leverage in the situation and are trying to save face by taking a hard stance on this, but nobody is buying their stance and in the long run are only doing more harm to their credibility.