**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Xan and McDunce are already in death spiral mode. Setting each other up to be the fall guy when the sucking starts. Frankly I hope the Jets walk away from any deal and lets enjoy watching BMarsh F w/McDunce all season.

2. Cotch Grab

Cotch Grab New Member

It is unbelievable to me that these assistant coaches from the Belichick tree walk into a new situation and act like they have ever accomplished something.

You need skins on the wall to act that way, and Belichick can act that way because he has won 3 super bowls.

Mangini, McDaniels, Weis all act like have earned the right to act like this. they haven't.

And why does McDaniels have to wear the sweatshirt with the cut off sleeves? do you have to look like belichick too?

And there are 6 WRs I'd trade David Harris for: Fitz, R.Moss, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne. Thats it.
    We need Harris.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

So they want a 1st and a mid round pick, or a 1st and Harris. This means that they are valuing Harris as a middle round pick (I'm guessing that means a 3rd/4th rounder). So here's another question, would you give up a 1st and a 4th for Marshall?

I say no way. I would give up our 1st rounder or a 2nd and Clemens. Anything else, I'd say no and pull out of the trade talks. Denver will have to lower the asking price eventually

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

You'd need 12 David Harris's to trade for any of those wideouts.

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Shanahan was a somewhat controversial figure around the league, but Denver fans had to like the results. They may have wished for another Bowl after the two that they got before Elway retired, but I'd take a run like that from an HC anytime.

Right now I don't think many fans like the move to McDaniels. Getting rid of Cutler was crazy. It sets the franchise back for quite some time. If I were a Denver fan I'd probably be planning on spending more time with my horse. Heh.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

mcdaniels was a mediocre qb for something called john carroll university. he comes into denver and immediately starts alienating his best players. they guy has done NOTHING and acts like he's the next bill walsh. enjoy him denver fans... :)

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Here is the most interesting thing to follow. With all of this publicity about the Jets and the Broncos accusing the Jets of tampering..blah..blah..blah...Marshall would have to live in a cave to not have heard it. Let's see if he actually returns on Sunday when his suspension is over.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Thank god someone agrees w/me. I will stencil the words in his lawn with piles of dogshit for you while your flight is in route.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Off topic but since his name was brought up I figured I'd throw some footage out there.

Nice hands, and a couple of flashes of power.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5uPJGwscU[/YOUTUBE]

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Bryant catches anything thrown in his zip code.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

He'll be on a 6 year contract at the end of the year. He'll sign a contract extension. Ofcourse, not with the Broncos that is. There is no way he stays with them. He has given them clear inidications that he won't be doing his best if he was in Denver. He very well might end up on an NFC team. Bears? Maybe even Vikes? Jerry Jones?

I actually think Jerry can make a push at it. He doesn't hasitate signing troubled players and lost TO in the OS. They don't have a true #2 unless u consider Crayton a #2. Cowboys are actually a player or two away from going deep in to the playoffs. Marshall trade will make a huge sense to Jerry.

12. Heavy Metal Thunder

I wouldn't trade Harris for Marshall either, but if harris ends up getting hurt again this season and Marshall scores 15 TD's in Denver, a lot of people on here are gonna say, "I knew we should have traded Harris for Marshall"

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wow...He pretty much does catch anything thrown his way. Just like Randy Moss, except hes not 16 feet tall. He's still 6'2 though, but can jump. Watching from the video, he has good awareness aswell. Im pretty sure he's a first round prediction...I don't follow college.

14. promos

promos Member

I didn't see this aricle anywheres in this thread so I thought I would copy and paste from ESPN:
    Marshall would make Jets legit contender

September 2, 2009 5:53 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

How much would Brandon Marshall's presence mean for the New York Jets?

Adding him would address the Jets' biggest need and, with consistent play from rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez, legitimize head coach Rex Ryan's Super Bowl dreams.

Here's some perspective:

Last year, Marshall played in 15 games for the Denver Broncos. He still caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six touchdowns.

That season arguably would be the greatest in Jets receiving history.

The club record for receptions was set in 1988, when Al Toon caught 93 passes.

The last Jets receiver to have as many yards as Marshall did was Don Maynard in 1968. Maynard recorded 1,297 yards with Joe Namath airing it out. A year earlier, Maynard set the record with 1,434 yards.

Marshall's best game last year included 18 receptions for 166 yards and a touchdown.

Clark Gaines set the Jets single-game record with 17 catches for 160 yards in 1980

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Even Cimini has his head on straight.

16. Cotch Grab

Cotch Grab New Member

thats when you know you are in trouble. And #4 makes complete sense.

i hate cimini, but those are great points

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Great read by Cimini on this. The ramifications of a Marshall trade would be tremendous. It would certainly alienate LW if a long term deal with Marshall was worked out before his situation settled and it would put a huge black mark on Tannenbaum as the GM of the NYJ's. No one would trust him and the word around the league would be one and done when it comes to contracts and the Jets. Does Woody really need this kind of distraction while trying to rebuild perceptions in his fan base of a team in perpetual rebuild mode gauging them for PSL's. I think not. Marshall may be a good fit down the road, but the timing right now on this is bad.. Verrry bad if it really happens according to Denver's wishes and we leverage the future on one WR.

#737 Cman68, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Cimini can be a smart dude when he's not being a dickhead. He's right on all points.

19. EAF29

EAF29 Member

I say offer Clemens, Thomas and our 3rd for Marshall. That gives tDenver immediate upgrades at two positions plus a mid-round pick.

20. promos

promos Member

never thought I would see the names Clemens and Thomas used in the same sentence as upgrade :)