**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Wait a second, they're talking a first-rounder and Harris?! F'n Madden has even affected NFL GMs!

Tannenbaum, please kindly tell Mr. Xanders to kiss your green and white striped ass. Thank you.

2. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I can't imagine the Jets would pay what Denver is asking for. I think this deal is dead. We all know that Tanny likes to "kick the tires" on every possibility out there (including Plax).

3. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

They would be stupid to get rid of Harris right now. Ryan is a defense guy. He doesn't want to lose defense for offense. This deal won't get done.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Of course they wouldn't and that is why there isn't a deal yet. Would you start by asking for a 7th round pick and a PT player? And then work up?

5. mkcatl

mkcatl New Member

Quick question guys, Is Marshall a Restricted FA or Unrestricted FA at the end of the year?

6. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

What's funny to me is the Bronco's GM seems to be really screwing the pooch.

First he gets Cutler who calls him out and gets traded. Now, he has Marshal being a baby diva on film to get out of town. So he goes out to the press and says they are monitoring the Jets on tampering. WTF--- Sounds like he needs to fix the situation in Denver and not worry about trying to blame someone else for his troubles.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It does appear as if the Bronco FO is trying to shift attention away from their own fck ups. Josh McDaniels might be the issue here although folks are quick to blame the players first. Doesn't anyone find it odd that when McDaniels shows up, star players want out? These aren't tier 2 guys either. Perhaps McDaniels will be another Belichek flameout. If the Broncos have another bad season, can you imagine the line at the door?

8. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Of course you would, but it sounds like Denver is pretty firm on the fact that they want Harris + options, or a first rounder.

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

There does seem to be a correlation. When they got rid of Cutler they sealed their doom for years and McDaniels will be given the shoe at the end of this year or next. He may never coach NFL again after that.

10. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Yeah no kidding. If I was a Denver fan I'd be pissed right now. McDaniels is destroying this team from the inside.

11. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

I think the only thing that McDaniels hasn't done yet to piss off Denver is take an Elway Jersey and take a crap on it.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

McDaniels seems like an arrogant prick. Here's a little tip to Josh: You have to prove you're the reason the team is winning before you can start muscling star players. Considering he hadn't even coached a game before his 2 biggest stars were alienated, it seems he's taking his faux success in NE a little too seriously.

13. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I don?t think Rex will let Harris go anywhere.

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

this mcdaniels character thinks he has the right because he comes from the belichick group of coaches. little does he know the only reason any players even deal with bill is because hes a proven winner at this point. no one respects a new guy who thinks he can do what he wants.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the first thing I thought of when I heard that ridiculous 'tampering' nonsense yesterday. It was something like 'The Denver Broncos will be monitoring comments made by the Jets that may indicate tampering' to avoid getting Marshal's hopes up about a trade. Marshall's hopes have been up ever since the Broncos' owner told him they would trade him. But yeah, it's the Jets' fault now.

16. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I am not so sure this is just about McDaniels. The GM who got rid of Shanahan has and chose him should be on the hot seat. Denver has had a good rep for several years and in one off season seems to be throwing it away.

ON Mike and Mike this morning Sclareth was saying how players used to want to go there (in Free agency) but not anymore.

17. Don

McDaniels is gone after this year anyway. Look for Cowher or somebody like that to be running this team next year. On Sports Center last night they were saying they would be lucky to win 5 games.

18. Don

He never won in NE, neither did Mangina..the only people to win there were Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I know things look pretty pissed poor right now in the Rocky Mountains, but you're going to fire the guy before he coaches ONE game? I think the Denver fans, and FO, would like to at least see if the guy can coach. But I do agree on one thing, he's had a pretty horrific start.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh Xan has a lot to do with it as well, but McDunce is certainly not helping matters and as the face of the organization from the player's POV he certainly gets the lion's share of blame.