**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Great second pic there. There's his boy Cutler sitting right in front of him. Prophetic?

2. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

your getting a 'Stripes' reference all mixed up with 'Summer School' reference. Both awesome 80's movies btw.

3. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

who is #15 on our roster? isn't it Wright? I wonder if he's ready to give it up

4. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Thomas Jones - 31
    Alan Faneca - 32
    Damien Woody - 31
    Brandon Moore - 29

Marques Daniels- 32
    Shaun Ellis - 32
    Kris Jenkins - 30
    Bart Scott 29

The game is won and lost in the trenches. Based on our talent we can say we have a 2-3 year window to make a strong push deep into the playoffs based on us having a top 5 Oline, an elite NT, a very solid rock in Ellis and a guy like Daniels who is top 3 in tackles for loss since 2006. Now the downfall is 75% of our guys in there are getting old and 2 HUGE pieces to our puzzle aren't young spring chickens neither. We don't have enough draft picks to adequately replace them all even in 2 full drafts. If they want David Harris, a 3rd and small filler I'm perfectly fine with that because we do not have to spend a high pick on a WR who will probably take at least 2 seasons(now add 2 years to the ages above OUCH!) while saving our 1st and 2nd round picks to replace Harris and add a young stud in the trenches on either side so we can start preparing for life after the very talented but close to steady decline fossils are gone.

Getting a 25 year old Marshall speeds up the learning curve for Sanchez because he has a dominant player to throw to making his life easier instead of CBs smothering our weak WRs corps forcing him to throw into tight spots. Plus Marshall will grow and mature with the team for years because of his age it's like were drafting an old rookie except he's established.

Another thing some may not take into consideration is that head coaches these days have small windows to build a winning organization and are generally on short leashes. Not only that but Mike T, as much as i like him, has already fired 1 HC. Mangini took the fall for the past 3 years but if we don't start winning consistently someone is going to have to be held accountable and he will probably next to gets the axe.

Now if they want a 1st and Harris they are asking for too much because of his off field issues. A 2nd is pushing it based on their position but if they threw in a 2011 3rd rd pick I'd probably pull the trigger on that. It's a tough call to make but I don't think anyone can argue against Brandon Marshall being a much better football player than David Harris in a today's world. Unless we pull off a similar trade like how we got the 5th overall pick which is leftover parts and picks, I can't see that happening based on the fact they are losing so much top tier talent in 1 offseason. To get something you have to give up something. The Randy Moss for a 4th rd pick trade is the exception not the rule. The rule is when he got traded for a top 10 pick plus a starting MLB. I'd much rather trade Cotchery and a pick to upgrade the WR position but I guess we'll see.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Nice, I figured someone would pick up on it. I'd rather have a laugh or two on this thread before I sleep than analyze this topic to death.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

followed by the wife beating phonics then recess.

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

In case Brandon gets a new address, he'll need some new pants...

[​IMG]

Zubaz baby, the Only Pants for Champions.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

i'm thinking that this alleged trade is DOA. And I'm pretty psyched that it is.

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Thank god.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

[​IMG]

Brandon Marshall holding his 1st annual youth camp

Each Child Received A Shirt

[​IMG]

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

on a serious note i hope vic carruci is right.

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Harris for Marshall?

I hope the conversation went something like this:

Xanders: Hey Mike! So listen, we're ready to deal Brandon over to you.

Tanny: Oh yeah? Cool. So what's your proposal?

Xanders: We want fair value, so we were thinking Harris and, say, your second rounder.

Tanny: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Xanders: Mike?

Tanny: AHAHAHAHAHAHAH...Oh, wait, sorry, my sides hurt and I'm tearing up here...haha...uh...hahaha...ooooh boy, wow...

Xanders: Mike, um, you alright?

Tanny: <click>

Xanders: Mike?

Tanny: <dial tone>

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

:rofl::rofl: thats priceless!

back on topic, I have no idea what I want anymore. I despise the thought of giving up a player, for Marshall simply because if Marshall gets suspended the player can't be given back to us. It can be built into the trade that if the Jets trade a 2 and 4 for Marshall, and he gets suspended the Jets have their #2 returned to them. But if the Jets trade a player such as Harris, I doubt the Broncos would be willing to return harris to the Jets should Marshall get suspended....

15. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

"Denver's reported asking price -- a first-round draft pick and either a mid-round selection or a player (possibly linebacker David Harris) -- and Marshall's demand for a new contract would be prohibitive."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/ny_jets_interest_in_denver_bro.html

Please. If Denver is not serious about trade discussions, just say it. But such an offer is not serious.

16. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They would return nothing under any circumstance. They aren't his mommy who still has to take care of him after he goes away to school.

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I'm saying tannenbaum would make it part of the deal it's not an unprecedented move. on a smaller scale Just the Favre deal as an example, if favre retired and stayed retired after only one year, we would receive a 7th back from the Pack.

So it would make sense to protect ourselves. Because if Marshall only plays 4 games for us (then gets suspended) his value becomes moot, and as a result the majority of what we paid should be returned to us imo. Not saying it would be in the deal, but i think tanny should make it a part of that to protect us.

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I really hope there is no way we were are entertaining offers to trade Harris. He's way more valuable to the team right now than Marshall would be, even though I will concede that Marshall is probably a better talent.

Can't we just give them Gholston?

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This guy has been a problem since he was old enough to get arrested. It's not just a question mark, it's one-man-band wearing a suit full of aluminum cans riding a unicycle through a tunnel full of red flags. If we trade David Harris for this piece of crap, I'm going to find out where Tannenbaum lives and burn 'You Are A Fucking Idiot' into his lawn with a flamethrower.