**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Yeah, I'm looking into either a custom or a throwback to avoid this problem.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

just putting the team first, DH52

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I guess where we differ is whether or not all the talent has to be put in around him now. Do we lose the ability to become perennial SB contenders, if we pass on Marshall?

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

if you had the resources to put the "talent" around Sanchez now...wouldn't you do it??

This is why Tanny gets up in the morning....that's his fucking job.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I will be absolutely sick to my stomach if they give up Harris for Marshall. Harris AND a first? I'd petition the NFL to get Tannenbaum tested for drugs. It really would cause me to lose faith.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Not necessarily, but why pass up the chance? If Tannenbaum can get this done without giving up a first rounder, it's a good move.

Getting Marshall without giving up a first gives the Jets multiple options in the first round in 2010. That draft will be so fucking stacked with talent - the Jets should be able to take BPA with an elite wideout already on board.

The thing is we really aren't giving up that much for him.

I can almost guarantee that 95% of the non-Jet fans reading ESPN's Bottom Line tonight have never even heard of David Harris.

Davis Harris is a hell of a 3-4 role player, but he's not a top tier player like Brandon Marshall.

A mid round pick plus a run stopper for an elite wideout is a steal.

7. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

My opinion... They're not giving up Harris, and they're not giving up more than a first round pick. I don't think the price is going to reach that.

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

Thank you.

I like Harris alot... but we have a chance to get a top 5, maybe even top 3 receiver in the league. Are you fucking kidding me? Harris and 3rd. I'll pay for Dave's cab to the airport.

9. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I think what Mr. E's saying is that the Jets will start that string sooner with Marshall than without him. If the situation is that the Jets aren't going to be very good this year, I'd rather that be the case with Marshall, that way we can add on young players to the defense to fill the holes. I'd love to add a #1 WR in the draft, but by the time that the pick is ready to really produce as a 1, the other players we have in major roles will either be moving on, old, or about to get big deals.

It's a lot easier to fill a gap, long term or short term at ILB with an already established ILB next to him than to find a #1 receiver, whether that guy is elite or not. It's just that simple.

10. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Don't know if this was posted already, but I though this quote was kind of interesting, which is surprising coming from a piece by Tim Graham.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Good point but sometimes you end up mortgaging the future for instant gratification. IMO you bring Marshall and his baggage ONLY if the immediate result means SB contention like the Giants for example. If not, then it's not worth it.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

And when he goes to prison we're left with no David Harris and no mid-round pick. Would he even learn the offense by then?

Ryan has said 100 times this team is going to be built around defense and running the ball. Now we want to plug a hole on offense by creating one on defense and pray that this fucktard somehow finds god or some shit?

I hate it Mr. E.

13. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

kerryrhodes2 questions. wat was the yankees score? and did CC get the W? o and to everybody speculating about D Harris we are not letting him go!

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

Yes, we've established Kerry Rhodes said that. It's also been established that he has absolutely no pull within the organization.

15. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I just don't see how acquiring a 25 year old stud wide receiver is mortgaging the future. Off the field problems are trouble, but Harris' injury history is trouble too. Calvin Pace being another positive test from missing an entire season is up there as well. Harris is more likely than not, NOT the future of this team. He's the 2nd best ILB on a team that's built for speed.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yes, he only beat us in the playoffs, that too because of some shithead kicker we once had. Then he went on and sucked in the next game aswell against NE, but apparently NE kicker was good enough.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

How're you mortgaging the future....when the talent you're bringing in is 25 years of age and hasn't peaked yet. I would say that's "building" for the future....especially with a new franchise QB at the helm.

I don't expect the Jets to trade half their draft picks for him (to me, THAT would be mortgaging the future).....but a 2nd or 3rd rounder w/ Harris......and that's a done deal.

18. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

There ain't no cab to the airport!

You started this thing. You posted about a radio station discussing Marshall taking a plane to NY as if it was the truth. This, when it was some unidentified schmuck that texted the station saying that he/she thought he/she saw Marshall at the airport.

You or I could text a radio station with the same info. What proof is there? None.

This is probably just some jackass who was watching ESPN, saw the report about Harris, got bored and decided to text b.s. to a radio station.

19. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Stop blaming Doug Brien. He beat us in the playoffs because because of some shithead, pussy COACH we once had.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

His behavior is a HUGE question mark, but if he gets it together and keeps his head on straight, he can be great. You can't write him off because he's made some immature mistakes in his life. When he made those mistakes, he was a 24 year old kid with a lot of money. I'm sure most of us on this board would get into some shit if we lived his life. He needs to grow the fuck up and play this game. If he does, he'll dominate.

Sure, he'd have to learn our offense, but I'm sure Schotty will simplify things at first to get him the ball.

Ryan loves his defense and I'm sure we'll have a great one with him here. However, he said we were going to run the ball a lot because we have a solid offensive line and mediocre-at-best wideouts...we didn't have a Brandon Marshall or any other #1 wideout on the roster when he said that 100 times.

I can't hate this move. I have so much faith in Mark Sanchez. I want him to succeed so bad...this team needs to be built around him.

#640 Mr Electric, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009