**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this has to be the most "down-to-earth" post of this thread.......sir, I fucking applaud you.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I see that......we're like the Corsican Brothers.

3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

So were the top 3 in passing.

Best point?

4. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

How so? How hard is it really to have a 1000yd season? You need 62.5 yds per game (if you start all 16) to hit 1000. How long did Stuck/Cotch play that game vs the Giants? I think Sanchez is going to be a Ryan/Flacco type rookie qb and he's going to surprise everyone. But i've been know to be wrong before.

I think people sorely underestimate the scoring potential our offense is capable of this year. Keller and Leon will make OC's stay up late, they are that dynamic. Because of Keller and Leon our wr's are not that big of a problem. If they can catch and they don't fumble, were all good.

So again I have to ask, how am I delusional? Maybe i'm just not as darksidish about this team this year. Maybe we can win 10 games. Maybe.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'm sorry, but that comment made by someone with that username is just too perfect.

6. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

WHAT!? what are you saying.. NONE of those teams where in the TOP 5 in passing.. and the ravens where ranked like 5th worst in the league..

so no BAD BAD point..

7. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Arizona got to the super bowl with good offense. The fucking Pats almost went undefeated with offense. And the Steelers offense won the super bowl last year. The G-men won the year before with good "D" but it took a great offense drive in the 2nd half to do it.

I can go on and on.

In reality, you need both.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

alright thats fair. i can understand that. I'd agree more with that if his behavior was more along the lines of drinking or smoking pot or strip clubs or something we know most of the players do behind the scenes. this guy isnt the stereotypical NFL Diva personality though.

but this guy is on another level. wrestling around and getting smashed into a TV set, and the countless assault charges on his girlfriend. plus the fact this all happens in DEN, NY will be like a bigger playground for someone whos quite childish already.

we all know the implications of him being ont he field in a NY Jets uniform. the thing is alot of people dont know how long hed help us before he hurt us.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

We're talking about getting to the Super Bowl -

Steelers with Roethlisberger (Ward, Miller, Parker, Bettis...)

Colts with Manning (Harrison, Wayne, Clark)

Patriots with Brady (...the only guy that did it without legitimate weapons)

Cardinals/Rams with Warner (Holt, Bruce, Faulk/Boldin, Fitzgerlad)

Broncos with Elway (Davis, McCaffery, Smith)

A team's gotta move the ball - even if they have the best defense ever - a team's gotta move the ball.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah electric knows his shit. I defer to him.

Although I'll repeat what I said before bc no one read it. Whoever you trade for Marshall you lose on the deal in the short term bc Marshall will not be productive until he learns things.

Plus this sort of changes the whole intended dynamic of the team from defensive minded to offensive minded I believe.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2009/09/03/jets-trade-talks-for-brandon-marshall-heat-up

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

http://michigansportscenter.com/tag/david-harris

"Harris, measuring 6-2 1/4 and 243 pounds, ran an impressive 4.53 40-yard dash today and benched 225 pounds 23 times in a performance that probably opened a few eyes."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/08/happy_david_harris_looking_for.html

"Jets coach Rex Ryan calls David Harris a complete inside linebacker and intends to use him more as a blitzer and in coverage.
    Harris will remain an every-down player..."

13. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

OK.. FIRST Arizona didnt have a GOOD offense.. they had the SECOND best pass attack IN THE LEAGUE.. the pats had a great offense AND a great defense.. hence almost going undefeated..

STEELERS OFFENSE!?.. do you remember a little play before halftime.. interception and then a 100 yard TD return.. sounds a lot like defense to me.. so no sir.. you lose as well..

14. facch

facch Active Member

I respect MrE's opinion very much. But who's filling Harris' spot? We'd have no depth at the inside spot. I like Marshall a ton as a player. I'm all for making the RIGHT move, but I'm not sure we're in a position to make that right move.

I trust that big T and Rex will make the right decision, and if they did move Harris they obviously feel good about who would step into his spot.

15. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I went into Google News about the Jets and Marshall and got this laugh from a publication called the Bleacher Report...

Bleacher Report: New York Jets Should Not Go Anywhere Near Brandon Marshall
    Bleacher Report - Cecil Harris - ‎Aug 21, 2009‎

Bleacher Report: Jets Need to Swing Trade for Brandon Marshall
    Bleacher Report - Joe Smith - ‎Aug 25, 2009‎

Oh what four days could do! :D

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...yea, he had a good combine...so what? He's never, ever been a coverage linebacker.

You are quoting our coach, the same coach that compared the king of suck, Eric Smith, to the best safety in the game (Ed Reed)

He's an every-down player on the Jets because we don't have anyone else to throw in there - that's what we're discussing, remember?

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I think the answer is no he can't

Legal trouble

According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder. Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house. Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol. A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired. He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance. The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.

According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond. The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court. On August 14, 2009, a jury in Atlanta found Marshall not guilty.

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond. The charges were dropped the following day.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...dia&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The key word was "combination". With the exception of Big Ben who had an elite DEFENSE none of these combinations were with rookie QBs.

19. Drew

Drew Active Member

..really don't think he meant this year. And Ben wasn't a rookie.

20. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

And what did Gholston run? Harris has trouble keeping step in coverage.. it's not really an opinion or a matter of numbers, you just have to look at the film. Hell, Barton was better in coverage that Harris.