**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

In the last game, Harris was all over the field making plays. Call me crazy -- I know you'll call me worse -- but I think right now he's the best player on our defense.

I'm in love with a Marshall trade, but losing Harris for a potential head case is not a good thing at all. Please let this be a sick rumor :(

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I had the same thought, I just didn't want to make a list...

These guys are attached to David Harris because he's made a few plays here and there. If he gets dealt, that hole will not be hard to fill. Find a 255-260 pound downhill linebacker and plug him into the system. Similar production...guaranteed.

My personal favorite complaint in this thread was the guy calling David Harris a stud and Brandon Marshall an unproven commodity.

3. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Im not saying we should give up a 1st rounder for Marshall, I just don't want to let go of Harris. Did you see last weeks game against the Giants? Harris honed in on the ball almost every play, he's gonna be a beast next to Bart Scott and is a future pro bowler.

While having a true #1 wideout would certainly help Sanchez, I feel that the weapons he has are underrated. Keller will be a great target, and Stuckey/Clowney have looked more than adequate thus far. When the Patriots won all those super bowls who were their WRs?

4. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

He's a top 5 player on D and much much better than TJ, but I agree he's not one of the best 5 players on the team. I'd really hate to see him go, but every player has a price.. And WTF is really going on, anyway? We need answers dammit!

5. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

If it happens the minute it does happen he will be the avy of many jets fans

6. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Please, I hope we are not losing Harris.

On the other hand, Sanchez goes deep to Marshall. Touchdown.

#546 rico college, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  7. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

PAST!?.. what past.. his RECENT off field problems because his franchise quarterback... the person who controls his performance.. was taken away and replaced with KYLE FUCKING ORTON!..

the only past i see with Brandon Marshall is back to back 100+ rec seasons.. Id love a reciever we could rely that heavily on all season..

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Marshall is also coming off of hip surgery and has yet to prove anything other than effective tactics of trying to get off a sinking ship in DEN.

theres no debating the value at position Marshall is a far better WR than Harris a LB. but I think your selling Harris a bit short. hes a liability in coverage, but i wouldnt go as far to say every play like you have. and I sure as hell wouldnt say we can find another David Harris being cut off someones roster this saturday.

id say that last part there is a bit of a stretch. I have more faith in Harris replicating what hes shown this preseason than I have in Brandon Marshall to act like an adult. thats just my opinion though.

although marshall doing what he did for cutler, if he did that for sanchez. thatd be scary. would rex abandon his ball control offense to air it out shanahan style?

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Tom Brady is on another level...best quarterback of all time.

Look what he did when they went out and got him receivers.

10. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Well, if this is no rumor, we might just wake up tomorrow morning and find ourselves having a new player.

However, before anyone gets too crazy, keep in mind that there have been many things said about a potential Marshall trade in the last 2, 3 days.

This may be bitching about absolute nothing.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He hasn't proven anything?

2007 - 102 grabs for 1325 yards and 7 TDs

2008 - 104 grabs for 1265 yards and 6 TDs

You're absolutely right, man. Now that I look at these stats, I can completely see where you're coming from. He's done absolutely nothing in this league except injure his hip.

12. Mickens24

Mickens24 Member

Sanchez to Marshall, sounds great to me.....Last year Marshall had more catches then a Jet wideout has EVER had in a season.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol c'mon dont insult me. and i wasnt insulting you by insinuating he hasnt earned elite status cause he has.

i was referring to him coming back 100 percent off hip surgery. and since all weve seen is him punting and forcing his way out of DEN, i was making a reference to not having seen him show what hes done the last 2 years.

thats all i was saying.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm not against us getting Marshall...we need a big time WR......but at what cost??

A 1st Rd Pick...NO!!!

Harris without a viable replacement...NO!!!

I'm not a fan of make one position stronger and making another area weaker.

You take Harris out of the equation of our defense, at this point at the start of the season, with no quality replacement, we weakened our defense.

#554 WW85, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  15. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

His yards and TDs DID drop off from 07 to 08, I bet he's declining. Sure, it was in one less game, but still... you never know. /sarcasm.

16. SomeNoob

SomeNoob Member

I think Stuckey and the clown should get the chance to play. Marshall is a headache/asshat/Plax waiting to happen.. As was stated b4 in this thread, the gr8 wr's are divas. The clown has it in him, I think he's not a top 5 but he could be a 1000 yard/10 td receiver. Same with Stuckey.

Why do I say this? Who was Cotchery before we got him? He was a nobody. He turned out to be very dependable. I think once he and Sanchez get on the same page, he will be a star. I know Cotchery never recorded 10 td's in a season but I think he will get at least that this year. Vs the Giants Cotch had 3 catches for 51 yards (Stuck had 4 catches for 69 yds and a td). Once they get in sync I see dual receivers with 100 yd games and hopefully a few td's too.

Once the chemistry settles I think were going to rock on offense, providing Shott calls smart offensive plays. I don't want to see another reverse on the 10yd line & I don't want to see Marshall mess with the chemistry.

Someone print up some shirts with the ghostbuster logo but put Marshall in there instead of "the ghost" (hehe) and have the words "just say no" Under the logo. :smile:

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's like saying Tom Brady hasn't proven anything after coming back from his knee injury.

Sure he hasn't played a game, but everyone basically knows he's going to light up the league this season.

I'm scared shitless of that team now that Brady's back.

(Ah fuck, I complimented Tom Brady twice in this thread)

18. Kenny

Kenny New Member

oh boy, talk about delusional

19. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

Marshall to Jets trade now called "highly unlikely"

Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 6:56 PM ET
    Wednesday started with Bob Glauber of Newsday reporting that the Jets were seriously considering a trade for Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall.

Wednesday is ending with Glauber reporting that the transaction is highly unlikely.

In the interim, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reported that the Jets called the Broncos about Marshall, but that the Broncos said they aren't interested.

We'll be addressing the situation in further detail via a PFTV segment that we'll be dropping into the NBCSports.com video player soon.

Dosen't look like it is going to happen!

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm certain they traded 2010 to trade up for A Smith.